Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #8,356 of 35,472
I share the opinion that the bass is overwhelming, particularly the mid bass. I find that its midbass is always overwhelming, and much more noticable in tracks with vocals. It bleeds into the mids and strangles the vocals both male and female. This is after 100+ hours of burn in.

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #8,357 of 35,472
So peter...
Between the 2? Dolphin vs pro80? :wink:

Honestly they're both great and punch way above their price ranges. If I'd have to pick one it be the Dolphins though. The reason for this is they being more portable and at home I prefer using open headphones :)

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #8,358 of 35,472
  My experience with headphones are very limited. I have only tried a few closed headphones. Going from memory like senns momentums, vmoda100, custom one pro, m50x, I can tell you I was more impressed with these dolphins. I liked the momentums the most out of those but Peter was right the dolphins do have better soundstage than momentums and better bass quality. Now the dolphins do not have the soundstage as wide as my hd598 but considering they are closed they do pretty well. It doesn't sound congested.

I will be brief:

Bass: For me since I have been very used to my ckr9s sort of bass I'd say its slightly lacking here in the low department. However it is enjoyable enough for pleasure listening. Its fast, accurate and gives a satisfying thump (not tunderous) but I'd prefer the bass fto have a little more extension and deepness in attack and more reverberation. The subbass is lacking if I compare them directly to my ckr9s. They almost not rumble at all. However with the bass this fast, it does not bleed into the mids and here is where the mids shine.

Mids: The mids are awesome. Very good detail retrievals and clarity. Not as forward as my ckr9s but they sound very enjoyable. Vocals are organic enough for my liking better than the ones I said I tried.

Highs: The highs are crisply detailed and smoothly extensive. Drums sound realistic and natural. I can hear more presence from cymbals but they are not in anyway sibilant to me.

All in all its a damn good phone for $99. Though it may not feel like the most of solid phones in terms of build quality but it does hold up well and light. Good for portability.

Beautiful impressions!

I probably will buy it after the havis then.

Thanks SyedZ2ez4!

Sep 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #8,361 of 35,472
Dolphin look interesting, where are people grabbing them from? Penaudio, eBay?
Also the (basshead) drama model looks interesting. Any reviews or comparisons out there?

Yup penon is the way to go with the Dolphin. The Drama I haven't read too much about others personal experience with them though there are measurements that exist of them although I can't mention where.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #8,362 of 35,472
  Don scorpio's hype is long gone..but is there any other chinese discovery currently that is better than these?

Hard to say. The Dolphins are very musical and lack some soundstage, but yes they are definitely recommended.

They weren't balanced enough for me to keep, but I did enjoy them quite a bit.

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #8,363 of 35,472
Sep 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #8,364 of 35,472
  Beautiful impressions!

I probably will buy it after the havis then.

Thanks SyedZ2ez4!

Thanks. You'll like them 
gs1000.gif

@SyedZ2ez4 Great impressions! 

Thanks just a brief impression. 
tongue.gif

Dolphin look interesting, where are people grabbing them from? Penaudio, eBay?
Also the (basshead) drama model looks interesting. Any reviews or comparisons out there?

My friend bought from penonaudio, you can get them for $99 there.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #8,365 of 35,472
  Hard to say. The Dolphins are very musical and lack some soundstage, but yes they are definitely recommended.

They weren't balanced enough for me to keep, but I did enjoy them quite a bit.

Yeah they aren't balanced but its fun sounding and very enjoyable.
  Just make sure to take out foam inserts once you get those Dolphins! Did a little pictorial walk-through here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/2820#post_10508530

Ok thanks for letting me know, these aren't my pair so I wouldn't dare doing it to his lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back