Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #8,343 of 35,472
Where can you buy the Kogan?

They are sold by Kogan online store in Australia and they don't ship overseas...they are..iirc sold by one Aliexpress seller ...check the Kogan thread but price about USD 50+-...with that price...be better getting the Fiio x1...Me unit was brought in from Australia to Malaysia...by fellow Aussie headfi

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #8,344 of 35,472
Guys I spent my last 2 days listening to my friend's don scorpio dolphins. These are definitely one of the best closed headphone I've heard. I can't seem to find reviews except from twister 6 but for $99? They are worth every penny IMHO

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #8,345 of 35,472
Nice collection of iem's in the box .....me can make out three iem there ...Havi , Penon , T1e and the other two are ?

Top right is meelectronics crystal, bottom right is meelec m9 classic (just got those yesterday, very impressed so far).

Yah I need to take a break from buying stuff. Between this and long boarding I'm spending a lot. Those dr150 tho...

Guys I spent my last 2 days listening to my friend's don scorpio dolphins. These are definitely one of the best closed headphone I've heard. I can't seem to find reviews except from twister 6 but for $99? They are worth every penny IMHO

Penon has the dolphins I think. Have you heard the takstar pro80? If so how do they compare?

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #8,346 of 35,472
Top right is meelectronics crystal, bottom right is meelec m9 classic (just got those yesterday, very impressed so far).

Yah I need to take a break from buying stuff. Between this and long boarding I'm spending a lot. Those dr150 tho...
Penon has the dolphins I think. Have you heard the takstar pro80? If so how do they compare?

DR150 is good..check the thread out...

@peter123...iirc ...have both Dolphin and Pro 80

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #8,347 of 35,472
Don scorpio's hype is long gone..but is there any other chinese discovery currently that is better than these?

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #8,348 of 35,472

Please, do you have impressions on the don scorpio? I want to purchase them. Not now, but after I purchase the havis.

Sep 28, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #8,349 of 35,472
  Please, do you have impressions on the don scorpio? I want to purchase them. Not now, but after I purchase the havis.

My experience with headphones are very limited. I have only tried a few closed headphones. Going from memory like senns momentums, vmoda100, custom one pro, m50x, I can tell you I was more impressed with these dolphins. I liked the momentums the most out of those but Peter was right the dolphins do have better soundstage than momentums and better bass quality. Now the dolphins do not have the soundstage as wide as my hd598 but considering they are closed they do pretty well. It doesn't sound congested.

I will be brief:

Bass: For me since I have been very used to my ckr9s sort of bass I'd say its slightly lacking here in the low department. However it is enjoyable enough for pleasure listening. Its fast, accurate and gives a satisfying thump (not tunderous) but I'd prefer the bass fto have a little more extension and deepness in attack and more reverberation. The subbass is lacking if I compare them directly to my ckr9s. They almost not rumble at all. However with the bass this fast, it does not bleed into the mids and here is where the mids shine.

Mids: The mids are awesome. Very good detail retrievals and clarity. Not as forward as my ckr9s but they sound very enjoyable. Vocals are organic enough for my liking better than the ones I said I tried.

Highs: The highs are crisply detailed and smoothly extensive. Drums sound realistic and natural. I can hear more presence from cymbals but they are not in anyway sibilant to me.

All in all its a damn good phone for $99. Though it may not feel like the most of solid phones in terms of build quality but it does hold up well and light. Good for portability.

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #8,350 of 35,472
The Dolphins are quite nice though have been seldom mentioned the last few months. Been using my pair with a v-moda boom pro mic for gaming sessions. After taking out the foam inserts it has really improved comfort for me. Cups were tad shallow with the foam and while it my ears are still touching the inside with foam removed I find i can wear the Dolphins longer. I did a small write up couple of months ago comparing the Dolphins with my pair of Onkyos and realized sub bass on one side of the Onkyos is pretty much gone so my write up is pretty much null lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 28, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #8,351 of 35,472

Lol,told you so :wink: Seriously I'm happy that you like them.

I brought my pair on a reason trip and fell in love with them all over again. They're a very nice headphone with great isolation.

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #8,352 of 35,472
Yes isolation is good and comfort too. Its leather so as always with long use it gets hot but its very comfortable and they have really tuned it right on the money for me. Its fun, lively and engaging. Thanks for the recommendation @peter123 . You also mentioned about takstar pro80 perhaps with this 2 closed headphone I can look further and spend more in open headphones instead.

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #8,354 of 35,472
I would like to read more about Penon iem here, but there is only a few info and impressions all I can find. 

When I read DGS100 thread, I felt like I'm at home. 

It has great clarity, details, and stage, boomy bass is moddable (front hole assignment)

Despite sometimes being overwhelming, it's bass is quite different, I think it's very organic and quite lively.  

Any others sharing similar opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back