Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #8,329 of 35,472
Is that cable the same as the new batch of Vsd3/S or it has beter materials and therefore beter SQ?

I cld be wrong,so take it as grain of salt....the upgraded stock cable(the one that comes with the earpiece now) are like snake skin,which could be same OFC conductor like the previous stock cables,to match the same street price....but these after market cables at penon are silver plated ones,so these retails @ $32.50, as silver being costly than copper...anyone who bought lately and that has snake skin cable can confirm.....

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #8,332 of 35,472
Haha I label my cases like that.

KZ ES. Clear, but not at all frequencies. Great bass, some splashy highs that need taming. As always, much better than the price tag.

Let's see if it changes after a day.

I received my 'ES' as well. I will be checking these out several days from now. Love the piano black color on these. Was it because I bought the one with "no mic"? Did anyone buy the one with mic? I believe they come in silver. Is this right?

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #8,334 of 35,472
Wokei! Any impressions of the kogan player? :D

Lots of new iems lately :3

Nice collection of iem's in the box .....me can make out three iem there ...Havi , Penon , T1e and the other two are ?

Kogan player is da da bomb ...clarity and details are uber excellent ..very flat neutral sound ....for 25usd ...it really sound much more expensive than some other higher price dap ..check put the Kogan thread ...for more impression ...lol

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #8,336 of 35,472

Me new set up...Goldring DR150+ Kogan+SMSL SAP-5s

That looks serious!!!  Kogan player is as big as earcup! :)  Why not sticky tape it to earcup to keep it all together?
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #8,337 of 35,472
Is that cable the same as the new batch of Vsd3/S or it has beter materials and therefore beter SQ?

Ok, just to clarify.  Snake-skin updated cable is for VSD1/1S only!  That is non-removable cable, not sure if it's silver-plated or just a regular OFC (typically VSonic likes to show off with a clear shielding on silver plated ones, so I'm guessing snake-skin is just high quality OFC).

The new batch of VSD3/3S has the same OFC wires but a slightly different cable shielding which feels more rubbery in comparison to the original batch, and also a NEW improved connector with a more defined gold-plated layer and a much better snapping.

The replacement VSD3/3S cable, like the one sold by Penon for $32.50 is silver-plated OFC.  It's not pure silver, but rather a silver-plated oxygen-free-copper cable which should have the same improved connector as a new batch.  I don't have this cable, but can tell you with 100% certainty it will brighten the sound, I tested half a dozen of Lunashops and FiiO silver plated cables and the results are always the same.  As a matter of fact, I have been pinging Lunashops to come up with their own VSD3/3S cable replacement since I really like their build quality and overall look.  I think they are having a problem location those proprietary mmcx connectors since VSonic didn't use the standard ones like in W-series, SE-series, or UE900.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #8,339 of 35,472

That looks serious!!!  Kogan player is as big as earcup! :)  Why not sticky tape it to earcup to keep it all together?
biggrin.gif

These are open-back so if you put something against it, it will change the sound.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #8,340 of 35,472

These are open-back so if you put something against it, it will change the sound.

and Wokei's lioness will thank him for that, keeping a sound "enclosed"
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back