Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #5,866 of 35,472
  Thanks'

beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #5,867 of 35,472
To anyone on a really tight budget, the kz ed special edition is making waves on head fi and is now under 10 dollars on some aliexpress stores.

I buy 2 pair whenever I like an iem enough. After two days of listening to the edse I purchased another. The sq and build quality to price ratio is probably thebest iI've ever seen

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #5,869 of 35,472
To anyone on a really tight budget, the kz ed special edition is making waves on head fi and is now under 10 dollars on some aliexpress stores.

I buy 2 pair whenever I like an iem enough. After two days of listening to the edse I purchased another. The sq and build quality to price ratio is probably thebest iI've ever seen

Link pls

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #5,870 of 35,472
Can we have a $10 shootout with the kz edse, penon IEM and Ivery IS-1?
First of all, ivery is-1 is disqualified for driver flex (at least my pair anyways).

Penon iem vs kzedse....

I will give criteria, then which one iI feel is superior....

Build quality....
3.5 mm jack: kzedse
Cable: kzedse
Strain reliefs: kzedse
Housings: kzedse

Sound...

Sub bass: kzedse
High bass/low mids: kzedse
Mids: Tie (kzedse more forward penon is more balanced)
High mids/low treble: penon iem
Treble: penon iem

Both are fantastic. Neither of them are "bad" in any way

The penon iem treble is world class IMHO.

The kzedse build quality is world class and tuning is mid forwards, unique, and beautiful sounding.

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #5,871 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi

I agree on the is-1, terrible driver flex and still (at around 30-40 hour now) not overly impressive even if one were able to look past the driver flex............

Haven't heard the other two yet so I appreciate your input :)

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #5,873 of 35,472
Got the Earwax ER99 and it's a great sounding IEM. Flatter sounding than ER100 and less efficient but just as detailed. The cable is the same on both of the models and one of the best cables I've ever seen - it's pleasant to touch and has no memory at all. The build quality is exquisite on both models. They look great and deliver a very enjoyable Hi-Fi sound. Both of them pair extremely well with a X5+E12DIY combo (the only other IEM that pairs that well with that combo is KC06A). The ER99 is a bit more comfortable than ER100 and seals a little better probably due the smaller and lighter housing. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #5,875 of 35,472
First of all, ivery is-1 is disqualified for driver flex (at least my pair anyways).

Penon iem vs kzedse....

I will give criteria, then which one iI feel is superior....

Build quality....
3.5 mm jack: kzedse
Cable: kzedse
Strain reliefs: kzedse
Housings: kzedse

Sound...

Sub bass: kzedse
High bass/low mids: kzedse
Mids: Tie (kzedse more forward penon is more balanced)
High mids/low treble: penon iem
Treble: penon iem

Both are fantastic. Neither of them are "bad" in any way

The penon iem treble is world class IMHO.

The kzedse build quality is world class and tuning is mid forwards, unique, and beautiful sounding.

Wokei is on Team KZ EDSE ....kekeeeeeeeee .....

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #5,876 of 35,472
About KZ anyone have already got some item bought from KZ oficial store in Aliexpress?
I`ll wait some feedback before buying from them.

LOL, look at the price of this V-Moda clone -> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-lp-Professional-Headphones-headphone-high-fever-HIFI-Bass-Game-big-black-diaphragm-technology/1380688_1987265819.html
If they sound any good they would make an excellent gift.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #5,877 of 35,472
  About KZ anyone have already got some item bought from KZ oficial store in Aliexpress?
I`ll wait some feedback before buying from them.

LOL, look at the price of this V-Moda clone -> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-lp-Professional-Headphones-headphone-high-fever-HIFI-Bass-Game-big-black-diaphragm-technology/1380688_1987265819.html
If they sound any good they would make an excellent gift.

Those LP's are actyally pretty good and would make a great gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back