Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #3,451 of 35,472
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #3,452 of 35,472
The only pair I found of A161p is $100 and A151 is at 50$ .
Ya that's the main reason I picked them up. It was a price too good to not pick them up. They are discontinued. Hopefully that means a a171p is on the way. The single BA driver would be a perfect compliment to one of their bass heavy drivers. I really want to see meelectronics come out with a reasonably priced hybrid. That would be epic.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #3,454 of 35,472
Hi all, I have been a long time lurker rom the UK and have recently started going through this thread,
I love IEMS but never had a good budget.
I fancy getting some cans for the very first time, but whilst reading this, I then want some IEMs too, 
IEMS I am interested in are 
Moxpad X3
Xiaomi Piston 2.0
KZ a1
and maybe Havi B3
Cans I have no idea, but I like either the 
Takstar pro80
MH463
Superlux HD681EVO 
HD-668B
Panasonic RP HTF600
My question is, with the IEMs, and keeping the budget low 
What 2-3 would you guys recommend in order of preference.
Which 1 overear HP, would you recommend again within that budget window.
Finally a nice question for you guys to think about, if you are only allowed 1 IEM and 1 Can, (imagine apocalytic state in the world, or going on holiday and you can only fit one.
Which ones would you choose?
Ps. My choices does not need to be in my list, its just that they are quite popular.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #3,455 of 35,472
Does any of you guys have experience with TDK IEM's? Both the IE800 and the BA200 get good reviews.........

BA200 were very good, especially vocals, but very bad in treble extension.  Bass quantity is decent, but less than Tenore.  I also found them to be lacking in detail compared to GR07 MK2, Gratitude, Tenore, and BAsso.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,456 of 35,472
Hi all, I have been a long time lurker rom the UK and have recently started going through this thread,

I love IEMS but never had a good budget.
I fancy getting some cans for the very first time, but whilst reading this, I then want some IEMs too, 
IEMS I am interested in are 

Moxpad X3

Xiaomi Piston 2.0

KZ a1

and maybe Havi B3
Cans I have no idea, but I like either the 

Takstar pro80

MH463

Superlux HD681EVO 

HD-668B

Panasonic RP HTF600
My question is, with the IEMs, and keeping the budget low 

What 2-3 would you guys recommend in order of preference.
Which 1 overear HP, would you recommend again within that budget window.
Finally a nice question for you guys to think about, if you are only allowed 1 IEM and 1 Can, (imagine apocalytic state in the world, or going on holiday and you can only fit one.
Which ones would you choose?
Ps. My choices does not need to be in my list, its just that they are quite popular.
please answer these questions first...

#1 What type of music do you like?

#2 What will you be using them for mostly? Will the environment around yoube noisy or quiet?

#3 What is most important in terms of sound? In order, what do you prefer to hear most- bass, midrange, or treble?

#4 What is your max budget?

This will give all of us a better idea of what to suggest.

By the way, as it's been said to me when I first joined...

Welcome to head fi, sorry about your wallet!

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,457 of 35,472
please answer these questions first...

#1 What type of music do you like? Dubstep, pop and dance

#2 What will you be using them for mostly? Will the environment around yoube noisy or quiet? it will be at home or when walking to work in the streets

#3 What is most important in terms of sound? In order, what do you prefer to hear most- bass, midrange, or treble? Bass

#4 What is your max budget? Cans £30-40 a piece, IEMS £20-30

This will give all of us a better idea of what to suggest.

By the way, as it's been said to me when I first joined...

Welcome to head fi, sorry about your wallet!

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #3,461 of 35,472

Per your requirements, dubstep, pop, dance with emphasis on bass and good noise isolation with a best build quality and removable cables - 1000% you are a candidate for Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 (£33 - http://www.accessoryjack.com/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-in-ear-monitor-headphones-black.html).  We are talking about balanced sound, in-your face bass (excellent quality and quantity), detailed vocals (no v-shaped mids here), behind the ear memory wire with removable quality cables used in their IM01/02/03/04 flagship units, and very comfortable fitment.  The sound signature is the closest you going to find to IM03 for $300 less.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,463 of 35,472
I'd suggest waiting and saving to enlarge the budget. The wait is worth it. There is a significant difference between the below $40 and the $80-100 mark. Luckily the budget options keep getting better.
I think the KC06A sounds just about prefect for what you want except only average isolation for walking on the street, but still good enough when the music is playing.
You'll have to wait though. I'll bet some will show up in the For Sale thread in a month or so. Use that time to save a little extra.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3,464 of 35,472
Zero audio singlios, doppios, and tenores are a must have for collection :heart_eyes:

Can't comment on singolo, but I'm really enjoying Tenores and Doppios right now very much.  You can't really choose which one is better because they are both very unique in their sound signature and design.  Also, the sound is still changing with more burn in.  I probably will have to put at least 20+ hours on each before final assessment.  So far, Tenores sound very airy, super wide, revealing/detailed without harsh brightness and at the same time with a nice bass punch and some sub-bass layer - high quality bass all around.  As I mentioned before, they are a bit tough to drive so better use a dedicated DAP or maybe external amp to enjoy the sound.  Doppios are warmer and smoother, very efficient (super efficient actually), have a fuller body sound (Tenores sound a bit thin in comparison to Doppios), have a tighter bass with more quantity and more mid-bass hump which results in upper mids/vocals feeling slightly recessed in comparison to Tenores.  Also, Tenores are almost $100 cheaper.  They definitely deserve to be on the list of "Giant killers".

If I would have to make an absolutely choice, I would go with Doppios because of sound being geared more toward the music I listen to, but Tenores represent an amazing value (sound/price ratio) and have excellent angelic airy stadium width soundstage.  Tenores are exactly how a neutral/revealing IEM should sound like.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,465 of 35,472

If £20-30 is the max, then I would get the Pistons.

However, I agree that if you can increase your budget to £33, Zero Audio Tenore is much better and is excellent for dubstep, pop and dance because it has tight, punchy bass.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=zero+audio+tenore&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xzh-dx200-ct&_nkw=zh-dx200-ct&_sacat=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back