Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3,466 of 35,472
If £20-30 is the max, then I would get the Pistons.

However, I agree that if you can increase your budget to £33, Zero Audio Tenore is much better and is excellent for dubstep, pop and dance because it has tight, punchy bass.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=zero+audio+tenore&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xzh-dx200-ct&_nkw=zh-dx200-ct&_sacat=0
Agreed on the tenore, they are fantastic.

But if you're set on the 20-30 range and you're going to listen to bassy and electronic music, the piston 2.0 plays it very well and is a great entry into quality iems. I almost want to say that you might enjoy the piston 2.0 better than the tenore because it is a more consumer friendly sound with prominent bass crisp treble and a v signature, they have awesome packaging, and it will give you a base to start asking questions when inquiring about your next set of iems. Pretty much everyone here has a pair of Pistons and will be able to describe and compare and contrast them to what you are inquiring about in the future.

I say this because once you buy your first set, there will always be a second, and a third, and a fourth, and on and on...

Hence the "sorry about your wallet"

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,468 of 35,472
This is a great thread. I was wondering, can I spend $50-60 on earphones and an upgrade that's better in SQ than my Shure SE215's?

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3,469 of 35,472
@Jjacq

What are you looking for:

What music do you listen to?
Is isolation important?
What kind of sound signature do you prefer?
Do you want to wear them straight down or over the ears?
Anything special you like/dislike with the se215?

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,473 of 35,472
@Jjacq

What are you looking for:

What music do you listen to?
Is isolation important?
What kind of sound signature do you prefer?
Do you want to wear them straight down or over the ears?
Anything special you like/dislike with the se215?

Thanks for the reply, I'm now thinking of the Havi B3 Version 2. I'm mainly looking for something neutral, good bass and soundstage. I hope there's no sibilance as well. I've never worn anything else besides the SE215's but I don't have a preference. Isolation is not very important I'll consider both options though. Hm would you say the B3 is better than the SE215's? I don't quite like how the highs are on the SE215's and the lack of details. Bass is good for the most part but I can live without it as long as it's not muddy.

*oops I meant version 1.

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #3,475 of 35,472
Avoid the proII. Get the pro I if you have an amp.

Or get the Carbo tenore.

These are the 2 best iem you can get for 60-70 bucks. Peter123 will agree. At least until his pre-order comes in (A-HOLE) lol

I'm gonna pair this with an iBasso D-Zero, which would be better?

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #3,477 of 35,472
I'm going to say carbo tenore. They're awesome and word for word with what you're looking for in terms of criteria.

Thanks! They look good too. Are these dual drivers?

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #3,479 of 35,472
Single dynamic micro drivers. Don't let that discourage you, they are giant killers.

As long as they're better than my SE215's I'm all ears 
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thank you.

Edit: do you know of other earphones that are a bit more expensive/better too? I'm currently looking at the used section here on head-fi. 

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #3,480 of 35,472
As long as they're better than my SE215's I'm all ears :) . Thank you.

Edit: do you know of other earphones that are a bit more expensive/better too? I'm currently looking at the used section here on head-fi. 
Give these a go first and guage it from there. Seems like price is having less and less to do with sq as time goes by.

I'm partial to my dunu dn1000 and gr07 bass edition, but honestly it comes down to what you like, then what you can afford. Read through this thread, it will really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back