Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #14,221 of 35,472
I went for a bit of cheap IEM shopping and got:

- TTPOD T2
- Xiaomi Pistons 2
- Soundsoul S-018
- Fake Sennheiser IE8: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.HfHlYf&id=40514596257&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail

I got the T2's for my wife since she wanted girly looking IEMs. Listened to them for a while, not impressed. Pistons I guess have been discussed to death, and sure the price/quality ratio is good. I wanted to check what happens when I turn on the "optimization" for the pistons on my mipad. Seems to muddy the bass even further. Certainly doesn't improve the sound.

Soundsoul S-018 is good for the price. I'd still recommend Hifiman RE-300 over them if you have to pay about the same (like I did). 

The fake IE8's are the best of the bunch. They sound more neutral and detailed. The bass was a bit weak with the horrible tips that came in the box, but good with Comply's.   

Nothing really comes close to my main IEM's, the 1000rmb Dunu DN-1000. Not a surprise with the price difference, but it'd be great to have something a little bit more comfortable for the road, which is cheap enough to lose/break all the time. The search continues.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #14,224 of 35,472
Guys, sorry for taking it back to the Moxpad X6 again. They just look too good to be true.
Anyone? Impressions? Reviews? Couldn't find anything sufficient. Thanks.
BTW, the B6 discussed here are the next gen of the Havi B3?

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #14,229 of 35,472
Here are some self appointed suggestions for the thread to avoid steering off course (it happens, and this is completely separate of Head-Fi's own rules)

- Do not apologize for your opinion or feel the need to explain yourself, but do not make concrete statements saying something is absolute over another.

- Don't be rude or condescending. It reflects poorly upon yourself.

- No one is an audiophile. No one. Unless you can print out a frequency response and several other measurement charts from your brain, you are only able to base things off what you hear... and not everyone hears the same. My tinnitus from years of concerts attests to this. The charts themselves don't even tell the whole story most of the time.

- It's all about fun (and value). If you no longer have fun (or drain your bank accounts chasing a high that can't ever be fulfilled), please self reflect and realize an addiction may have taken hold.

- Always share whatever info you feel may be relevant, no matter how minor. 1000 people casually lurking may be influenced by it.

- Don't have an agenda to push.
This is a great post

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #14,230 of 35,472
This is a great post

I agree, except for the audiophile part. The sentiment is fine, but the adjective is misused, IMO. I would say that the majority of people here are audiophiles.
Feel free to disagree, but I understand audiophile to mean a lover of hi-fi audio, an enthusiast. The root of the word, "phile" is loving. In this case, loving audio.

Perhaps its misuse by the general public to reflect the elitist nature of the hobby is confusing. I suppose replacing audiophile with something like golden ears would be more accurate.

Good post otherwise.

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #14,231 of 35,472
I agree, except for the audiophile part. The sentiment is fine, but the adjective is misused, IMO. I would say that the majority of people here are audiophiles.
Feel free to disagree, but I understand audiophile to mean a lover of hi-fi audio, an enthusiast. The root of the word, "phile" is loving. In this case, loving audio.

Perhaps its misuse by the general public to reflect the elitist nature of the hobby is confusing. I suppose replacing audiophile with something like golden ears would be more accurate.

Good post otherwise.

Agree 100%. This is a hobby, fuelled by passion and enthusiasm. Everyone here is an audiophile!

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #14,232 of 35,472

Good post otherwise.

True. Outside of Head-Fi, people seem to think audiophiles are like that -- which they don't. Apparently a lot of you guys here are much more friendly than the people I meet in real life.

IMO the term "golden ears" is a better way to describe the elitist side of the audiophile hobby. Since audiophile literally means "music lover," I don't see why some people call themselves "music lovers" instead of audiophiles. It's pretty much the exact same thing.

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #14,233 of 35,472
This is a great post

Agree 100%. This is a hobby, fuelled by passion and enthusiasm. Everyone here is an audiophile!

True. Outside of Head-Fi, people seem to think audiophiles are like that -- which they don't. Apparently a lot of you guys here are much more friendly than the people I meet in real life.

IMO the term "golden ears" is a better way to describe the elitist side of the audiophile hobby. Since audiophile literally means "music lover," I don't see why some people call themselves "music lovers" instead of audiophiles. It's pretty much the exact same thing.

true! but it really doesnt hurt to be a bit nicer with our words regardless if the person has kept the rules or broken them it won't kill people to treat each other with a bit of humane forgiving kindness! cause i love reading about banter between opinions cause it fleshes out a lot of information and I occasionally like chiming in but nothing ruins a good conversation like some needlessly mean words regardless of the other person getting hurt or not is what I think.

But hey what do I know I'm just cannon fodder compared to the veterans so no need to listen to me just my 2 cents and thought wouldnt that be nice if it did happen :D

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #14,234 of 35,472
This is a great post

+1
true! but it really doesnt hurt to be a bit nicer with our words regardless if the person has kept the rules or broken them it won't kill people to treat each other with a bit of humane forgiving kindness! cause i love reading about banter between opinions cause it fleshes out a lot of information and I occasionally like chiming in but nothing ruins a good conversation like some needlessly mean words regardless of the other person getting hurt or not is what I think.

But hey what do I know I'm just cannon fodder compared to the veterans so no need to listen to me just my 2 cents and thought wouldnt that be nice if it did happen :D

I'd guess it depends on what you want. Personally I preferred this thread when it was about sharing new brands, products and impressions of them. Reading what other people draw of conclusions from yet other peoples impressions about stuff doesn't really give me anything since I'd rather draw my own conclusions, I don't need help with that.

It's not a big deal since I just avoid going here much these days but I find myself missing the thread this used to be, but I'll survive :wink:

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #14,235 of 35,472
Sweet! Sounds great. Thanks a lot!

Anyone else has more suggestion for good IEMs that would be good for the gym? :)

Great cheap IEM for gym would be the SoundSOUL S-018. Look into it. NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back