Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #14,191 of 35,472
It's ok. Some folks can get a little worked up about gears. Some even obsess about certain brands. I've made comments about HiFiMan or the Tenore, and I got blasted lol It happens. You just gotta laugh it off, and say carry on gentlemen!

And I stand by my HiFiMan comments too lol
wink.gif

Good advice about laughing it off. Thin skin + headfi isn't a good combination lol!

But I bet you had at least listened to the HiFiMan, right? In which case the worst anyone can accuse you of is having bad taste! 
tongue.gif

wink.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #14,192 of 35,472
I'm not trying to bash the guy, or anyone else on this thread. We all have our moments on this thread. I had mine when I blew a small fortune on Asian headphones and IEMs. I'm more saying that suggestions are cool, impressions are cool, sharing links are great, and participation in topics is all awesome, but the say all, know all, Judge, jury, and executioner mentality is not a help to these threads.

The s-018 is great. I bought a pair. I really enjoy them. I'm not going to say it destroys everything.

If I PREFER something over another product I'm not going to say that the product I'm comparing it to is inferior, that the product I prefer is superior, then close the book on it. That's been happening a lot on these threads. Not cool

I want to know what my options are, not put one or two things on a pedestal and bash everything else.

Also, let's make this a place where other people's opinions are respected and not discredited and thrown back in people's faces.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated to see the direction this thread is heading.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #14,193 of 35,472
That was a short translation being translated from the foreign language and not my own conclusion.

Một số người sẽ nghĩ rằng IM04 đơn giản sẽ là bản nâng cấp của IM03, chiếc tai nghe sở hữu 3 driver BA. Tuy nhiên sau khi bỏ thời gian trải nghiệm cả hai chiếc tai nghe này, có thể khẳng định rằng điều này không đúng. Trong khi IM03 có được sự cân bằng tốt hơn, thì chiếc tai nghe 3 driver này lại có phần khô khan hơn trong âm thanh, phù hợp với những người nghe đi tìm chất mộc mạc trong từng bản nhạc.

Hai phiên bản IM03 và 04 dường như đứng ở hai thái cực: Một bên đi tìm sự hoàn hảo trong âm thanh, cho dù chúng có khô khan và khó nghe đến đâu đi chăng nữa. Trong khi đó bên còn lại thì kết hợp giữa sự cân bằng và tình cảm trong những bản nhạc.

I guess, I took the forum to be a place where enthusiasts shares their finding, impressions, and feelings is wrong. I shall take the forum as a place where only professionals analyze different headphones then.

Yes I am sorry that I tried to translate something from my native language to English is wrong, and share my finding is wrong. I will just go ahead and unsubscribe threads around here.

Why can't we be friends :frowning2:

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #14,194 of 35,472
Good advice about laughing it off. Thin skin + headfi isn't a good combination lol!

But I bet you had at least listened to the HiFiMan, right? In which case the worst anyone can accuse you of is having bad taste! :p  :wink:  

Lol yes, I have heard the HiFiMan. I never try to comment about gear I haven't heard, though I will use impressions as reference from those I respect. But that's the KEY, it's from those here who I have a respect for, and who nine times out of ten, have matched my own ear. I never use impressions or reviews from sites, because you never know what's a "paid" review and what's legit.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #14,195 of 35,472
Come on guys lets face it no one analysis of something so subjective that's so preference based as a subject like sound is going to be perfect or totally correct. I personally come on this forum to just to read from many different opinions ofsound products to get a general feel of what something will sound like and try to get guesstimate if I will like it or if its interesting enough for me to try out. So can we all just agree no ones completely right and kiss and make up? Peaceeee

Btw on a side note the fidue a83s went up by 20 dollars while I was hesitating D':

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #14,196 of 35,472
That probably because the Fidue people were watching this thread earlier about the A83 lol

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #14,197 of 35,472
this place cracks me up.  i've never seen so many sensitive grown ass men before.  it is hard to disagree with anyone here without someone getting offended.  i've left a few smartass comments on threads and butthurt ensues.  some people need to learn to loosen up.  i feel like i gotta be all proper and speak the queen's english in here sometimes or someone will cry

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #14,199 of 35,472
Come on guys lets face it no one analysis of something so subjective that's so preference based as a subject like sound is going to be perfect or totally correct. I personally come on this forum to just to read from many different opinions ofsound products to get a general feel of what something will sound like and try to get guesstimate if I will like it or if its interesting enough for me to try out. So can we all just agree no ones completely right and kiss and make up? Peaceeee

Btw on a side note the fidue a83s went up by 20 dollars while I was hesitating D':

The exact reason why I am looking else where to I'm-03 or 04 instead...just because of that 20$ :cool: I was originally planning on purchasing it to acompare to T2 lol....

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #14,200 of 35,472
Hey there guys, 

I'm excited as this is actually my 1st post here!
I've searched around the forums with no luck so I'll try to get some help here.
I am looking for a good pair of IEMs for sport / gym / running on the budget of ~$35. I was thinking over the Moxpad X6, however, I couldn't find any information regarding the SQ.
Anyone has any experience with either Moxpad X3 / X6 or Maya T3 as they all look like good choices? Any other suggestions are MORE than welcome.
Looking for a good punchy bass with good amount of detail and focus on mids. Most importantly would be the fit - comfort wise and isolation.

Thanks! Nimi. 
popcorn.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #14,201 of 35,472
@HouseOfDoom : that Re300 really strike a nerve with you
tongue.gif
 but we're all good, and that's exactly what Head-fi is all about, to share our opinions especially when you have a hands'on experience regardless if you agree or disagree with other impressions.  Though I can see those hifiman earplugs really getting under your skin since you mentioned about hating "a" version at least a dozen of times as a reply to every single post in that thread lol!!
deadhorse.gif

@Whitigir : no worries man, english is not my first language either.  I was just a bit confused with your IM03/IM04 post because I didn't know which part was a quote from what you read and if the rest was your own drawn conclusion.  We just need to be a bit more specific since a lot of the people read this and Discovery threads and rely on our opinions to make their own decisions.  I get at least a dozen of PMs every day with people asking me to compare IEMs or to clarify what has been written in the forum by me or others, including explaining why You mentioned in T2 thread about those IEMs having "analytical" bass
wink.gif
  Not trying to put you down, we all went through the same thing when joined this fine community!!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #14,202 of 35,472
@HouseOfDoom
 : that Re300 really strike a nerve with you :p  but we're all good, and that's exactly what Head-fi is all about, to share our opinions especially when you have a hands'on experience regardless if you agree or disagree with other impressions.  Though I can see those hifiman earplugs really getting under your skin since you mentioned about hating "a" version at least a dozen of times as a reply to every single post in that thread lol!! :deadhorse:

@Whitigir
 : no worries man, english is not my first language either.  I was just a bit confused with your IM03/IM04 post because I didn't know which part was a quote from what you read and if the rest was your own drawn conclusion.  We just need to be a bit more specific since a lot of the people read this and Discovery threads and rely on our opinions to make their own decisions.  I get at least a dozen of PMs every day with people asking me to compare IEMs or to clarify what has been written in the forum by me or others, including explaining why You mentioned in T2 thread about those IEMs having "analytical" bass :wink:   Not trying to put you down, we all went through the same thing when joined this fine community!!! :beerchug:

@twister6: I respect you, and I fully understood what you meant, that was why I went ahead and linked the review. Hey, Google translate is there, it can gives some what ideas after translation. I know that I am new here, and English is not my forte, especially audiology and headphones terms. I tried my best to describe what I feel, and hear. But never was I self proclaimed to be an expert in audio or music field....you already came across many of my posts saying that I am only an enthusiast and a music lover....never said that I am an audiophile. I was glad to find the differences between A and B from the link I posted, so I shared it, and threw a short translation. But trust me, as people coming off like this, I would keep all the findings to myself.

It never is a good feeling when you are trying to help, and in my case, sharing an informative finding, but then being put down....or worse, accused of.

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #14,203 of 35,472
@twister6: I respect you, and I fully understood what you meant, that was why I went ahead and linked the review. Hey, Google translate is there, it can gives some what ideas after translation. I know that I am new here, and English is not my forte, especially audiology and headphones terms. I tried my best to describe what I feel, and hear. But never was I self proclaimed to be an expert in audio or music field....you already came across many of my posts saying that I am only an enthusiast and a music lover....never said that I am an audiophile. I was glad to find the differences between A and B from the link I posted, so I shared it, and threw a short translation. But trust me, as people coming off like this, I would keep all the findings to myself.

It never is a good feeling when you are trying to help, and in my case, sharing an informative finding, but then being put down....or worse, accused of.

It's all good =)

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #14,205 of 35,472
Hey guys, luberconn is right. Nobody needs to get butthurt over all of this, especially myself.

Please understand I'm not trying to burn bridges with people. We are all on here because we like headphones. That's awesome.

I apologize if I came across as rude. I just want this to be a place where everyone can participate and enjoy,and use the posts on here as a valuable resource in choosing their gear.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back