Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #14,177 of 35,472
Speaking of adding, I think the SoundSOUL S-018 deserve a place on the front page.  
cool.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #14,180 of 35,472
Well I read somewhere in another language the im-03 is dry but accurate, and neutral as the total opposite of im-04 a blend of smooth, fun, musical. The im-04 is not an upgrade of im-03. They are different beast all together. If you want musical, fun, full sounding it gotta be 04. If you want accuracy neutral it will be 03

Where did you read this info?!?  For any IM0x comparison, please refer to earfonia detailed review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70 - otherwise you are going to confuse a lot of people with info you "read somewhere in another language" which is incorrect
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #14,181 of 35,472
Where did you read this info?!?  For any IM0x comparison, please refer to earfonia detailed review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70 - otherwise you are going to confuse a lot of people with info you "read somewhere in another language" which is incorrect :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't copy and paste on my dang android.....

http://genk.vn/do-choi-so/audio-technica-ath-im04-giong-ca-tai-hoa-xu-phu-tang-20140930231615155.chn

Also, earphon is point of view is pretty much similar to that reviewer up there in the link. Neither considered IM-04 is an upgrade from 03 but rather a different being :wink:

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #14,182 of 35,472
Sorry, I couldn't copy and paste on my dang android.....

http://genk.vn/do-choi-so/audio-technica-ath-im04-giong-ca-tai-hoa-xu-phu-tang-20140930231615155.chn

I would stick to earfonia review
biggrin.gif
  I had IM02 and still have IM03, earfonia (who is a sound engineer) description of these IEMs is right on!

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #14,183 of 35,472
Where did you read this info?!?  For any IM0x comparison, please refer to earfonia detailed review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70 - otherwise you are going to confuse a lot of people with info you "read somewhere in another language" which is incorrect :wink:
+1

Whitigir
Posting on audio gear you haven't had in your ears is misleading. "Based on what I read" means nothing. Posting personal impressions is one thing, but being a self proclaimed audio expert is another. No offense to you, but you need to relax a little bit, and post impressions, not final conclusions from what you think based on what you read. Doing so is misleading to the people who read threads on Head-fi and ruins the established credibility of this thread, and any other thread that you do this on.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #14,184 of 35,472
+1

Whitigir
Posting on audio gear you haven't had in your ears is misleading. "Based on what I read" means nothing. Posting personal impressions is one thing, but being a self proclaimed audio expert is another. No offense to you, but you need to relax a little bit, and post impressions, not final conclusions from what you think based on what you read. Doing so is misleading to the people who read threads on Head-fi and ruins the established credibility of this thread, and any other thread that you do this on.

So I am not allowed to share my readings even ? Only post what I have that strictly ? I have seen many other members also post something like "I don't have it, but based on reviews, I can say"....I am not even self proclaiming myself...what made you think that ?

Hey I am not trying to compare it myself....I only shared some comparisons from other reviewers. If I can't do that, then I will only strictly post what I have and keep all the findings to myself then. Never thought of head fi forum being this way. I understand the do not compare gears you don't have based on different reviews......but it is just so wrong to share a comparison from the same reviewer even....sigh...so harsh

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #14,185 of 35,472
So I am not allowed to share my readings even ? Only post what I have that strictly ? I have seen many other members also post something like "I don't have it, but based on reviews, I can say"....I am not even self proclaiming myself...what made you think that ?

Hey I am not trying to compare it myself....I only shared some comparisons from other reviewers. If I can't do that, then I will only strictly post what I have and keep all the findings to myself then
nope, it's the final conclusions at the end that are misleading...

"The im-04 is not an upgrade of im-03. They are different beast all together. If you want musical, fun, full sounding it gotta be 04. If you want accuracy neutral it will be 03"

Really? Cmon meng, I'm not trying to troll you, but you're unleashing my inner troll.

That type of conclusion based on a translated review? That's misleading people with a bunch of bull-ony

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #14,187 of 35,472
nope, it's the final conclusions at the end that are misleading...

"The im-04 is not an upgrade of im-03. They are different beast all together. If you want musical, fun, full sounding it gotta be 04. If you want accuracy neutral it will be 03"

Really? Cmon meng, I'm not trying to troll you, but you're unleashing my inner troll.

That type of conclusion based on a translated review? That's misleading people with a bunch of bull-ony

That was a short translation being translated from the foreign language and not my own conclusion.

Một số người sẽ nghĩ rằng IM04 đơn giản sẽ là bản nâng cấp của IM03, chiếc tai nghe sở hữu 3 driver BA. Tuy nhiên sau khi bỏ thời gian trải nghiệm cả hai chiếc tai nghe này, có thể khẳng định rằng điều này không đúng. Trong khi IM03 có được sự cân bằng tốt hơn, thì chiếc tai nghe 3 driver này lại có phần khô khan hơn trong âm thanh, phù hợp với những người nghe đi tìm chất mộc mạc trong từng bản nhạc.

Hai phiên bản IM03 và 04 dường như đứng ở hai thái cực: Một bên đi tìm sự hoàn hảo trong âm thanh, cho dù chúng có khô khan và khó nghe đến đâu đi chăng nữa. Trong khi đó bên còn lại thì kết hợp giữa sự cân bằng và tình cảm trong những bản nhạc.

I guess, I took the forum to be a place where enthusiasts shares their finding, impressions, and feelings is wrong. I shall take the forum as a place where only professionals analyze different headphones then.

Yes I am sorry that I tried to translate something from my native language to English is wrong, and share my finding is wrong. I will just go ahead and unsubscribe threads around here.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #14,188 of 35,472
  Maybe for value vs performance, outside of that there is no Wow factor, don't get me wrong, they sound decent but not spectacular.

They Wowed me and a few others, but I know everyone hears things differently.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #14,189 of 35,472
That was a short translation being translated from the foreign language and not my own conclusion.

Một số người sẽ nghĩ rằng IM04 đơn giản sẽ là bản nâng cấp của IM03, chiếc tai nghe sở hữu 3 driver BA. Tuy nhiên sau khi bỏ thời gian trải nghiệm cả hai chiếc tai nghe này, có thể khẳng định rằng điều này không đúng. Trong khi IM03 có được sự cân bằng tốt hơn, thì chiếc tai nghe 3 driver này lại có phần khô khan hơn trong âm thanh, phù hợp với những người nghe đi tìm chất mộc mạc trong từng bản nhạc.

Hai phiên bản IM03 và 04 dường như đứng ở hai thái cực: Một bên đi tìm sự hoàn hảo trong âm thanh, cho dù chúng có khô khan và khó nghe đến đâu đi chăng nữa. Trong khi đó bên còn lại thì kết hợp giữa sự cân bằng và tình cảm trong những bản nhạc.

I guess, I took the forum to be a place where enthusiasts shares their finding, impressions, and feelings is wrong. I shall take the forum as a place where only professionals analyze different headphones then.

Yes I am sorry that I tried to translate something from my native language to English is wrong, and share my finding is wrong. I will just go ahead and unsubscribe threads around here.

This is how I would have done it:

--------
I haven't heard either, but here are some impressions of the two:

the im-03 is dry but accurate, and neutral as the total opposite of im-04 a blend of smooth, fun, musical. The im-04 is not an upgrade of im-03. They are different beast all together. If you want musical, fun, full sounding it gotta be 04. If you want accuracy neutral it will be 03

--------

I personally would have added "Those impressions seem to differ from the vast majority of other impressions I've read", but that's just me 
smile.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #14,190 of 35,472

It's ok. Some folks can get a little worked up about gears. Some even obsess about certain brands. I've made comments about HiFiMan or the Tenore, and I got blasted lol It happens. You just gotta laugh it off, and say carry on gentlemen!

And I stand by my HiFiMan comments too lol :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back