Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #14,146 of 35,472

yes, there seems to be a large contingent of satisfied users, so that may be indicative of its performance.
With regards to bq, the S-018 looks like it can take a beating, but am just careful when handling the wire around the reliefs. I am not too worried with it because if anything happens to it I am buying another set...or two :D

When is yours due to arrive? I wasn't a fan of the stock tips and am using non spiral dots wide bore JVC tips from my xtreme xplosive iems. I just watched a movie and man that bass, I love the way it growls and rumbles, I was able to hear each individual segment of the rumble. The sound invokes images of textured chocolate, so yummy :)  Again, speaking from a personal point of view I think the sound signature of the S-018 is something that resonates with me. (pun intended :p)

In comparison to my VSD3:

The treble has just the right amount of energy without being overbearing and I can turn up the volume as loud as I want without it feeling harsh. The midrange feels like its more distant (not recessed) and feels like there is more space around the instruments and its inside a chamber rather than inside my head. The word I would use to describe it "natural". It just feel right. The bass is where it really shines. The bass maybe a tad strong for some, specially coming from bass light iems like the havis, but once your brain gets used to the sound signature, it just clicks. I actually understand what bass texture means and the bass has a bit less bloom and quantity than the VSD3 with upgrade cable but the S-018 bass is tighter, more detailed and oh so yummy. I am looking forward to what Sound Soul comes up with next, because if this is what they can do at 8 dollars, I can't wait to see what they do in the 40-60 dollar range or even 100 dollar range. I hope they are able to compete with eh JVC woodies one day 
gs1000.gif

PS in terms of sound layering, VSD3 wins no contest, thought I would add that in there

Glad that you understand ^_^

It's been dispatched to me, on Monday. I don't really know what are average transit times from US to India. But definitely would be much better than transit times from China. Mostly because customs here tend to hold Chinese stuff for longer period while this doesn't happen with items imported from elsewhere.

Good to know that 018s holding their fort : )   Can't wait.

Oh, the JVC woodies... I dream of those but too broke lol

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #14,147 of 35,472
Cool - I'm glad that you came to your senses! :wink:

Seriously though, it's great that you are re-appreciating them. The A71's are awesome, and very nice to have around as complimentary iems to keep the diversity going. I miss mine because @nick n
 is taking his sweet ass time getting the cable on them fixed. Slacker. Just kidding nick! I know you're enjoying them for a while like I ordered you too lol.

LOL all it took was a little patience and some rediscovery. The A71 did the rest. Awesome IEM.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #14,148 of 35,472
The JVC woodie is awesomesauce. Most dynamic IEMs I've ever owned, as far as that combination of 3D imaging, soundstage, detail retrieval, and instrument separation. It's only weakness is the bass, as in slightly too much bass at times.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #14,149 of 35,472
Since customs didn't want me to listen to the FX750, I am searching for an alternative. I am considering the Stagediver SD-2, SD-3, EarSonics SM64 or I am going Fullsize and directly buy a HD-650 + o2 amp.

So many possibilities, so much potential for failure.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #14,150 of 35,472
Since customs didn't want me to listen to the FX750, I am searching for an alternative. I am considering the Stagediver SD-2, SD-3, EarSonics SM64 
or I am going Fullsize and directly buy a HD-650 + o2 amp.

So many possibilities, so much potential for failure.

Dang....it pissed you off that much?

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #14,158 of 35,472
Seems the IM03 is more popular that the IM04? Not sure why?

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #14,160 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back