Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #14,237 of 35,472
Ladies and Germs, B6 will be available in about week from Penon :) It took all my willpower to hold off from buying DuoZA but this is what I have been waiting for lol. 

@Baycode
  Woot woot lets get the hype train started 

The problem is the B6 is a single dynamic, and not a dual micro driver like the B3, so unless they bought off the technology of Dita, Sennheiser, or JVC, I'm not that interested as of now.

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #14,238 of 35,472
Jan 30, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #14,239 of 35,472
The problem is the B6 is a single dynamic, and not a dual micro driver like the B3, so unless they bought off the technology of Dita, Sennheiser, or JVC, I'm not that interested as of now.

Get it, review it, compare it and your opinion would be a tiny bit more interesting :wink:

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #14,240 of 35,472
Get it, review it, compare it and your opinion would be a tiny bit more interesting :wink:

Nah. I got the FX750, A71, and soon enough the DuoZA. Plus someone will come out with a top notch budget hybrid, so I'll wait for the B6 pro.

Carry on gentlemen!

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #14,242 of 35,472
My S-018 has absolutely terrible microphonics, the worst since RE0 of the old. Makes them useless when moving around. I haven't heard of different types of wires being out there, you don't have this issue at the gym?

No because native, they do have microphonics, because they don't have a slider or a clip, BUT I used a simple bread tie as a cinch, put it on nice and tight, so I had a homemade slider, and bye bye microphonics and hello gym.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #14,243 of 35,472

My S-018 has absolutely terrible microphonics, the worst since RE0 of the old. Makes them useless when moving around. I haven't heard of different types of wires being out there, you don't have this issue at the gym?

Either recable it (which might be difficult) or use ear guides. They reduce microphonics by a large margin. Tried this with some of my earphones which have bad microphonics and I like the result. Though make sure that S-018 can be wore over the ear. Most of the earphones are okay with it, unless they are strangely shaped.

Another solution is use of Clip, but that makes much smaller difference compared to other methods.

Example, my KZ EDSE with Havi B3 ear guide

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #14,244 of 35,472
Mailman dropped the notification. Huawei arrived. On the way to post office. 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #14,245 of 35,472
Either recable it (which might be difficult) or use ear guides. They reduce microphonics by a large margin. Tried this with some of my earphones which have bad microphonics and I like the result. Though make sure that S-018 can be wore over the ear. Most of the earphones are okay with it, unless they are strangely shaped.

Example, my KZ EDSE with Havi B3 ear guide

They look really cool with the ear guides.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #14,247 of 35,472
Jan 30, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #14,248 of 35,472

The way dynamic drivers have been hitting homeruns lately is giving me some optimism about the B6. The unique tuning they got out of dual drivers in the Pro 1 was amazing but who knows what tricks they have up their sleeve for the B6 non pro version. If its one company that can do something mind blowing, I would say that Havi should get the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully its not a case of Pro 2 vs Pro 1 all over again.

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #14,249 of 35,472
  True. Outside of Head-Fi, people seem to think audiophiles are like that -- which they don't. Apparently a lot of you guys here are much more friendly than the people I meet in real life.

IMO the term "golden ears" is a better way to describe the elitist side of the audiophile hobby. Since audiophile literally means "music lover," I don't see why some people call themselves "music lovers" instead of audiophiles. It's pretty much the exact same thing.

I'd though beg to differ here a little. I know a lot of people around who love music a lot, but don't seem to be much concerned about investing in SQ upgrade. They'd rather spend their money on buying more albums.

Audiophiles are essentially music lovers of higher degree who are also critical about SQ, I think there really should be a different term for them. (which is already there : 'Audiophile').

Similar analogy would be casual gamer and hardcore gamer. While you can find any addicted gamer around who spends a lot of time playing games, there is lesser number of beings who also play in jargon of terminologies like 'FPS', 'Ping', 'Port Forwarding', 'Overclocking', 'SLI', etc and would pour loads of money to purchase graphics card, coolers, high end RAMs, etc, etc. If you go and call a Hardcore gamer just 'gamer', he'd be furious.... he expects words like hardcore, expert, elite, challenger, veteran, etc.

The problem arises only because non-audiophile people paying too much attention towards money Audiophiles spend to upgrade and upgrade even more, getting an impression that Audiophiles are less concerned about music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back