Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #1,201 of 35,472
Green, brown, 2x gold stripes in that order, so from what I understand should be around 5,1 ohm (pretty sure it measured 5,5 but I might be remembering it wrong). If you have a soldering iron you might want to get rid of them. I like my B3 better without them. 

It's the same resistors in mine. I'll see if bhazard dare to open up his pro's before I decides to remove them or not.

I've tried a couple of different filters in multiple configurations on both drivers but so far I'm liking them best with no filters at all.

I also changed the tips from the Sony hybrid foam to comply's. They actually sound really good with these tips and no filters, much better than the stock version.

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #1,202 of 35,472
Haven’t found any filters to use. Instead I tried cotton from a cotton swab with pretty good results actually. I’m going to experiment with thickness and different material.  

I’d like to get some filters/dampers with different impedance to try. Mouser sells Knowles dampers, but shipping cost would probably kill me. Have to find a place to buy some in Europe or maybe Asia.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,203 of 35,472
Haven’t found any filters to use. Instead I tried cotton from a cotton swab with pretty good results actually. I’m going to experiment with thickness and different material.  

I’d like to get some filters/dampers with different impedance to try. Mouser sells Knowles dampers, but shipping cost would probably kill me. Have to find a place to buy some in Europe or maybe Asia.

Did you put cotton on both drivers or just one?

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,205 of 35,472
Just the one closer to the nozzle, I'm going to try the other one later. You can also just put it in the nozzle, gonna try that too.

Thank you, I'll try some different configurations then.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,206 of 35,472
Found another good Taobao agent. www.engtaobao.com

Their commission is only 6% compared to 10% like the others. It is more streamlined, and it may even offer payment via Paypal (but it is down currently).  They use Alipay for credit cards though, which is secure.

I bought the Piston directly from Xiaomi to compare against the Ibuygou one.

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #1,207 of 35,472
  Found another good Taobao agent. www.engtaobao.com

Their commission is only 6% compared to 10% like the others. It is more streamlined, and it may even offer payment via Paypal (but it is down currently).  They use Alipay for credit cards though, which is secure.

I bought the Piston directly from Xiaomi to compare against the Ibuygou one.

Interesting. Direct Xiaomi vs Ibuygou should prove to be the same - in theory at least...

I only wonder why Ibuygou was a $ or so less than Xiaomi direct ? Still in transit, so keep the fingers crossed !

Nice to see good Taobao agent. To me, Taobao still is unknown territory and thanks to your efforts, I might get a toe wet in reasonable future.

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,208 of 35,472
  The Somic MH415 is awesome too, and the Moxpad works with its cables :)

The Astrotec AX35 is great too. Lots of IEM love from China.

Where would the MH415 and AX35 rank in your sig, or do you need more time with them?

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #1,210 of 35,472
It's the same resistors in mine. I'll see if bhazard dare to open up his pro's before I decides to remove them or not.

I've tried a couple of different filters in multiple configurations on both drivers but so far I'm liking them best with no filters at all.

I also changed the tips from the Sony hybrid foam to comply's. They actually sound really good with these tips and no filters, much better than the stock version.

This is promising guys. Thank you for taking the risk. If bhazard can confirm that it only needs a filter removal and resistors as well, I will not return my pair. Looking forward to more updates.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #1,213 of 35,472
Microkingdom (China) & Ruoop (China) are headphone brands made by the same manufacturer hence they both use the same website.
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #1,214 of 35,472
  Just the one closer to the nozzle, I'm going to try the other one later. You can also just put it in the nozzle, gonna try that too.

Ok, with removed filters on all drivers, two very very thin pieces of cotton in the nozzle and comply tips I'm really happy with these. They are no WAY better than in the stock configuration, Now just to decide if I should remove/replace the resistants or not. I would really love to know what, if any, resistants are used in the Pro version before starting messing with this.

I would absolutley recommend these minor changes to anyone who has purchased the B3c's and are disappointed with them.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #1,215 of 35,472
How are they closed? Snaps or glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back