Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,186 of 35,472
I doubt just one resistor would change the whole thing into pros, but as I said I'm no professional. Still some investigation into pros internals wouldn't hurt, would be awesome if you could do that. Resistors are color coded so you can visually determine the resistance. But to be clear even with my modification enhanced version won't blow anybody's mind, but will be less terrible :)

I guess there's a possibility they used a more sophisticated circuit (than a single resistor) in the pros and it really changes the sound, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

OK, so I only removed the foam on both drivers to start with. That small operation actually changed the whole sound signature pretty dramatically. Much less boomy bass, More air, much wider soundstage and clearer, but a little harsh, highs.

I must say that I'm pretty amazed that removing two small pieces of foam can make such a difference. Haven't experienced this big difference by modding since I first started with my t50rp project.

Edit: while this operation might not have turned them into the pro version it sure have made them much more enjoyable than before.

I'm also very interested in the value of the resistors in the pro version.

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #1,187 of 35,472
I'll open them tonight. I also have the enhanced version I could break open. Need to make 100% sure I don't mix them up though :)

If the only difference is foam and a resistor swap, then that could be the greatest mod of all time. I highly doubt this though, as there may be significant driver differences between the 3 versions.

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,188 of 35,472
OK, so I only removed the foam on both drivers to start with. That small operation actually changed the whole sound signature pretty dramatically. Much less boomy bass, More air, much wider soundstage and clearer, but a little harsh, highs.

I must say that I'm pretty amazed that removing two small pieces of foam can make such a difference. Haven't experienced this big difference by modding since I first started with my t50rp project.

Edit: while this operation might not have turned them into the pro version it sure have made them much more enjoyable than before.

I'm also very interested in the value of the resistors in the pro version.

I'm experimenting with them right now, lost one screw already :). Removing the white filters in front of the other drivers made even bigger difference I think (dunno why I thought it didn't before). 

I owned Phonaks PFE in the past and by changing similar filters you went from super analytical sound to super bassy so it might be the case here.

With both filters removed its pretty bright so there might be something to it.

Needs more experimentation :)

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #1,189 of 35,472
I'm experimenting with them right now, lost one screw already :). Removing the white filters in front of the other drivers made even bigger difference I think (dunno why I thought it didn't before). 

I owned Phonaks PFE in the past and by changing similar filters you went from super analytical sound to super bassy so it might be the case here.

With both filters removed its pretty bright so there might be something to it.

Needs more experimentation :)

Were the filters white? My pair had black filters on both drivers......

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,191 of 35,472
Guess we have different versions lol. Mine had white kinda papery filters. Where both of yours foam?

This is a really interesting development....

Yes both mine were foam but the lower (bass I guess) was thinner.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #1,192 of 35,472
This is a really interesting development....

Yes both mine were foam but the lower (bass I guess) was thinner.

So yours must be this third less terrible version 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm kinda digging them without any filters, but they're kinda bright, a little weird sounding. Gotta experiment with some filters. Maybe will rip some out of other iem (might have some broken brainwavz or something) or buy some, I dunno.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,193 of 35,472
So yours must be this third less terrible version :)

I'm kinda digging them without any filters, but they're kinda bright, a little weird sounding. Gotta experiment with some filters. Maybe will rip some out of other iem (might have some broken brainwavz or something) or buy some, I dunno.

I like the them pretty much without the filter but I will also have to experiment with filters from other iem's. I doubt I will need any filter for the bass driver but I'd like a little bit smoother highs.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #1,194 of 35,472
I like the them pretty much without the filter but I will also have to experiment with filters from other iem's. I doubt I will need any filter for the bass driver but I'd like a little bit smoother highs.

Tried with just foam filters and the mud came back, they definitely got to go.

Edit: peter123 do yours have resistors inside? Green, brown, 2x gold stripes?

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #1,195 of 35,472
Tried with just foam filters and the mud came back, they definitely got to go.

Edit: peter123 do yours have resistors inside? Green, brown, 2x gold stripes?

Yes I've got resistors as well. Don't remember the color but they were striped. I'll open them again tomorrow and check, what's the color of yours?

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,196 of 35,472
Yes I've got resistors as well. Don't remember the color but they were striped. I'll open them again tomorrow and check, what's the color of yours?

Green, brown, 2x gold stripes in that order, so from what I understand should be around 5,1 ohm (pretty sure it measured 5,5 but I might be remembering it wrong). If you have a soldering iron you might want to get rid of them. I like my B3 better without them. 

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,197 of 35,472
I got the newest version of the Havi B3 yesterday. It's the 2nd best version, but still nowhere near as good as the pro. Still too much bass, mids slightly recessed instead of forward like the enhanced, and dropped off treble (a bit more than the enhanced).

If I have time tonight/tomorrow, I'll pry them open.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #1,198 of 35,472
So, I know about the Fidue A63 & A81 but I see a Fidue A31 micro-driver floating around on ebay and amazon. Anyone got any hands on with it? :)

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #1,200 of 35,472
The Fidue A31 is not that great. I've had a listen to it before, they had a A2X(can't remember the last digit so i put an X) which was great but looked hideous. Whereas the A31 looks good but has way too much bass. I was talking to a friend and we both thought they should have made the A2X in the shell of the A31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back