Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,216 of 35,472
Two screws on each side. One under the glass and one under the small rubber piece located in the lower part of the housing.

Be careful when removing the glass, I managed to break the glass on one side while removing it the first time.

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,218 of 35,472
This is promising guys. Thank you for taking the risk. If bhazard can confirm that it only needs a filter removal and resistors as well, I will not return my pair. Looking forward to more updates.

I'd say go for it. After even more tip rolling they now present a more natural sound than any other IEM that I own. They even make the fidelio S2's sound clouded in comparison!

I really have a hard time to belive the total transformation they've gone through, and I haven't even touched the resistors (yet).

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #1,219 of 35,472
Two screws on each side. One under the glass and one under the small rubber piece located in the lower part of the housing.

Be careful when removing the glass, I managed to break the glass on one side while removing it the first time.

That sucks, mine came right off, just lifted it with a knife.

Couldn’t really A/B them with and without resistors, so I might be full of it, but soudstage seems much wider without them. Hadn’t noticed big changes in sound quality, but it was a muddy mess regardless (before filter removal) so maybe that’s why. I could solder resistors back for testing.

Haven’t had time to mess with filters yet, might do that later today.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #1,220 of 35,472
  That sucks, mine came right off, just lifted it with a knife.

Couldn’t really A/B them with and without resistors, so I might be full of it, but soudstage seems much wider without them. Hadn’t noticed big changes in sound quality, but it was a muddy mess regardless (before filter removal) so maybe that’s why. I could solder resistors back for testing.

Haven’t had time to mess with filters yet, might do that later today.

Yeah, but no big deal really. I've taken the glass of som many times now so I will need to glue them properly when I feel I'm done so they don't fall of.

I'm so happy with the way they sound now so I'm not sure I will remove the resistors. My soldering skills are not exactly top notch so I'm afraid to destroy something.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #1,221 of 35,472
  Where would the MH415 and AX35 rank in your sig, or do you need more time with them?

They rank pretty highly. Need more A/B time though

Bhazard, have the KZ IEMs mentioned quite a few pages ago (Spartacus, etc) arrived yet?

Nope :frowning2: Taking their sweet time getting here, and mistertao.com is down so I can't check via tracking number.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,222 of 35,472
  Ok, so my payment for order with Geek Fast for MH415 and Moxpads was declined for "security" reason. Would anyone know any other place I can get above apart from Aliexpress?
Thanks.

That's just fraud prevention from your credit card company wondering why you are buying things from China.

Call up the CC company and allow this and say you wan't to allow future charges from there, and you won't have any more problems.

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,223 of 35,472
  That's just fraud prevention from your credit card company wondering why you are buying things from China.

Call up the CC company and allow this and say you wan't to allow future charges from there, and you won't have any more problems.

It was actually cancelled by Aliexpress, the card is pre-paid MasterCard (skrill) so there shouldn't be any problems.

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #1,224 of 35,472
  Yeah, but no big deal really. I've taken the glass of som many times now so I will need to glue them properly when I feel I'm done so they don't fall of.

I'm so happy with the way they sound now so I'm not sure I will remove the resistors. My soldering skills are not exactly top notch so I'm afraid to destroy something.

I used double-sided tape to hold the glass and it works perfectly.

Tried Havis with resistors. Without them soundstage is bigger, there’s more space between instruments. Treble has more energy, sounds more aggressive. Vocals also sound more aggressive, with resistors might sound better, more intimate. With resistors sound is more tame, less exciting. For me as a soundstage whore it’s a no brainer.

Unfortunately in the process I damaged the filter covering the driver’s vent (wasn’t paying attention and burned it a little). Managed to move what was left so it is more or less functioning as before (without it sound wasn’t very good). So if you decide to mess with resistors I’d advise to watch the filter and use a good light source. Guess I’ve got one more filter to experiment with now 
redface.gif

Interested to see if there are any resistors or anything else in pros. 

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,225 of 35,472

Tried Havis with resistors. Without them soundstage is bigger, there’s more space between instruments. Treble has more energy, sounds more aggressive. Vocals also sound more aggressive, with resistors might sound better, more intimate. With resistors sound is more tame, less exciting. For me as a soundstage whore it’s a no brainer.

Unfortunately in the process I damaged the filter covering the driver’s vent (wasn’t paying attention and burned it a little). Managed to move what was left so it is more or less functioning as before (without it sound wasn’t very good). So if you decide to mess with resistors I’d advise to watch the filter and use a good light source. Guess I’ve got one more filter to experiment with now 
redface.gif

Will try to open them tonight. Not enough free time lately.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,228 of 35,472
  Hey guys, do you have any photos of the insides of the B3 so we can see what things are different?

No, mine are in different condition than out of the box 
biggrin.gif
. But we've established that the only difference between two non pro versions is different filters/dampers on one set of drivers. More interesting would be knowing how they differ from pros.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,229 of 35,472

Unfortunately in the process I damaged the filter covering the driver’s vent (wasn’t paying attention and burned it a little). Managed to move what was left so it is more or less functioning as before (without it sound wasn’t very good). So if you decide to mess with resistors I’d advise to watch the filter and use a good light source. Guess I’ve got one more filter to experiment with now :xf_eek: .

Thank you I really appreciate the impression with and without the filters. I could do with wider soundstage but not sure if I'd like more aggressive sound........

Good suggestion with double-sided tape for the glass's as well.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,230 of 35,472
Hi guys!
I really want to try those pistons but there are so many fakes outside. Anyone know this site: www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html ? Is it an official Xiaomi site? Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back