Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,231 of 35,472
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #1,233 of 35,472
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,234 of 35,472
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,235 of 35,472
Feb 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #1,236 of 35,472
Read further in the thread. The buyer reverses his claim and confirms they are original.

I'm buying one directly from Xiaomi to confirm anyway. If you have any doubts, just buy it from them. Instructions are in the OP

Thanks, also how are the Xiaomi Piston compared to the Sennheiser MX 985 in terms of sound quality since I own the Sennheiser MX 985 and I'm planning on purchasing the Piston.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,237 of 35,472
  I'd say go for it. After even more tip rolling they now present a more natural sound than any other IEM that I own. They even make the fidelio S2's sound clouded in comparison!

I really have a hard time to belive the total transformation they've gone through, and I haven't even touched the resistors (yet).

I'll try it tonight. Thanks for the impressions mate...

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,238 of 35,472
Opened my Havi B3 Pro in the name of science.

I don't see any resistors unless it's the one wrapped in the red sleeve? There is some black soft foam on the other end of the driver shell, but I didn't touch it, since I already love the sound.

How does it compare to the rest? I may open my enhanced one now because I'm curious.

Pro internals:

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,239 of 35,472
Thank you I really appreciate the impression with and without the filters. I could do with wider soundstage but not sure if I'd like more aggressive sound........

Good suggestion with double-sided tape for the glass's as well.

If you don't want to mess with soldering, you can try to connect leads of the resistor using something conductive (a copper wire or something). Just a thought.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,240 of 35,472

Thank you, it's very interesting.

Drivers are connected in series, in my version they’re connected in parallel. Visually they look identical to mine (or very similar).

Can you see if there is something under the red sleeve, or is it just a wire? 

You can also lift up the left driver with a knife or something and see what's in front of it. But if you don't want to mess with your pros that's cool, there's probably similar soft foam.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,241 of 35,472
  Thank you, it's very interesting.

Drivers are connected in series, in my version they’re connected in parallel. Visually they look identical to mine (or very similar).

Can you see if there is something under the red sleeve, or is it just a wire? 

You can also lift up the left driver with a knife or something and see what's in front of it. But if you don't want to mess with your pros that's cool, there's probably similar soft foam.

Actually, the entire inner black shell pops out. In the front I saw a black filter/foam. Not sure I want to touch the driver yet.

I'm thinking a resistor might be under the red heat shield. Where were your resistors?

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,242 of 35,472
  Actually, the entire inner black shell pops out. In the front I saw a black filter/foam. Not sure I want to touch the driver yet.

I'm thinking a resistor might be under the red heat shield. Where were your resistors?

Yea it does, you can totally see a portion of the other driver in the opening next to the first driver. Can you see a black foam or something else (white plastic, paper)?

So you meant there's foam in the actual shell? I don't have any.

Resistor was in series with the drivers (connected in parallel). You can open the other version and see for yourself 
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I don’t think there’s a resistor there. The part on the left of the sleeve - are those strands of a wire or multiple leads, can’t tell from the picture.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,243 of 35,472

I don't see any resistors unless it's the one wrapped in the red sleeve? There is some black soft foam on the other end of the driver shell, but I didn't touch it, since I already love the sound.

How does it compare to the rest? I may open my enhanced one now because I'm curious.

Pro internals:

Is it not a resistor up top left on the left driver or is it just a huge soldering point?

I've added a very thin layer of cotton in front of the bass driver as well (in addition to cotton in the nozzle) and that made the bass fuller and even nicer than before.

Still debating with myself if I should touch the resistors or not since I'm so happy with the sound now.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #1,244 of 35,472
I've used one of the taobao agents recomended by bhazrad, thank you.

I've ordered 2nd pair of Moxpads, Somic MH415 and decided give Corecool v2 a go. I've also got some 10mm drivers to fix the Moxpads I have. Now waiting game begins.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,245 of 35,472
  I've used one of the taobao agents recomended by bhazrad, thank you.

I've ordered 2nd pair of Moxpads, Somic MH415 and decided give Corecool v2 a go. I've also got some 10mm drivers to fix the Moxpads I have. Now waiting game begins.

Ccancel the corecool order. Way too much bass bloat. Kills the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back