Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #931 of 35,472

Maybe the enhance version has the more consumer oriented sound. As a marketing strategy, they might feel this would be the better seller for the general public.

That's probably the case but please remember that no one hear has actually heard the enchanced version as far as I know. I think that bhazard and myself are the only ones who got them at all yet and to be honest who knows what verions we actually got (although both of us ordered the Pro version and we botht think we also got it). If I'm no mistaken bhazard has ordered all three versions that seem to exist so we'll know evetually wich is the best.......

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #932 of 35,472
  What. The. F'k.

I am now confused beyond all reason. Now, I must sleep.
We must have bhazard address this.

Good night.

From what i found on the product description links:

B3
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-4437187958.16.l4ql3n&id=35700828655
(google translate):
Sound summary: HAVI-B3 ------------ Jin real powerful bass, warm feelings of the human voice, smooth and sweet treble, rich musical level, wide sound field, no bluff, B3 flowing out of the music as several cups of boiling water daily, becoming dry and moist you my musical soul.

B3-pro
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-4437187958.16.Lpx7pR&id=36052562138
(google translate):
Sound summary: HAVI-B3 ------------ Jin real powerful bass, warm feelings of the human voice, smooth and sweet treble, rich musical level, wide sound field, and the powerful dynamics.

B3-c
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-4437187958.16.YOPQuL&id=36050814188
(google translate):
Summary: HAVI-B3 ------------ musical tastes ultra, ultra fine workmanship, materials used super kind, super beautifully packaged, low price, super emotional voice is warm this winter!

now those translations are funny but only they talk about the differences. Anyway this is the only part of description that is different in all three URLs except for the first one, B3, in which they recommended some tracks to listen to.

Also, this text appears on the first two products (B3, B3-pro) but not on the third one (B3-c) (google translate):

"Buyers Please Note: B3 is four dynamic headphones, which is double-sided dynamic headphones. The latest version of the B3 combines ie80 in low and loud sound field and layering tf10, the overall sense of hearing powerful bass, tenor vocals solid, mellow treble, the overall sound of the sound field broad, rich in detail, strong sense of hierarchy, dynamic and strong shake!

About burn: Do not burn long, B3 does not require a long burn, B3 using a micro ring, are precision components, long pot life opportunity to influence cell, select natural way to listen."

Now I have no idea which one is actually Pro version and which one is Enhanced. I assume the B3-c was added before the first two, so it should be the original one + if you specifically ask for the desired version they should select the right one :)

There seem to be at least 2 different Havi B3 casings. One has a grey, inset bevel. The other has a black, protruding bevel.

http://img04.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i4/1849425713/T2r2qrXvhXXXXXXXXX_!!1849425713.jpg
http://img04.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i4/1849425713/T2Ti8nXr8bXXXXXXXX_!!1849425713.jpg

I see both these pictures on the same product page, but they are clearly different. Perhaps one is pro and the other is enhanced?

I just think those are the same, different angle and different reflection light from the gorilla glass.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #933 of 35,472
  I just think those are the same, different angle and different reflection light from the gorilla glass.

My thougt exactly.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #934 of 35,472
Plus those descriptions are horrid English translations. bhazard knows from experience. Do what I did and just request the Pro. Be adamant about it in the email , and if they ate good sellers, they 'll accommodate you.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #935 of 35,472
Plus those descriptions are horrid English translations. bhazard knows from experience. Do what I did and just request the Pro. Be adamant about it in the email , and if they ate good sellers, they 'll accommodate you.

Well, hopefully they'll fulfill our request for the Pro's. I was also very adamant about my request in my email to them.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #936 of 35,472
Well, hopefully they'll fulfill our request for the Pro's. I was also very adamant about my request in my email to them.

We can only hope? Right ? lol

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #937 of 35,472
Havi B3 after 50 hours of burn-in process - the sound is too slow and not very musical, even a little boring. Stage is too shallow and too stretched out to the sides, high frequencies are a bit hidden, and it has too small bass impact.
For $40 these are decent headphones, but I expected something better. Despite the small problems with bass, B3 are pretty good for metal and electro. They remind me a bit of Denon D1100, but with smaller bass boost.

Somic MH415 are still burn-in (right now something about 20-25 hours), but for now they look much more interesting.
They have a peak between 4 kHz and 16khz (mainly in 8kHz-10kHz) - after a slight cutting off medium and high tones MH415 are playing amazingly well. The sound is vivid, fast and accurate. Scene is more complete than in the Havi, and the bass is more natural.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #938 of 35,472
  Havi B3 after 50 hours of burn-in process - the sound is too slow and not very musical, even a little boring. Stage is too shallow and too stretched out to the sides, high frequencies are a bit hidden, and it has too small bass impact.
For $40 these are decent headphones, but I expected something better. Despite the small problems with bass, B3 are pretty good for metal and electro. They remind me a bit of Denon D1100, but with smaller bass boost.

DId you get the Pro version? If so, then the sound isgnature is supposed to be boring. The Pro version was aimed to have a flat signature, actually.

If you got the Enhanced version, then...What.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #939 of 35,472
DId you get the Pro version? If so, then the sound isgnature is supposed to be boring. The Pro version was aimed to have a flat signature, actually.

Based on his description, which is almost dead on with bhazard, I'm 99.9% certain he got the Pro version. The Enhanced version is based on the IE80, which is wide soundstage and BIG BASS. I wanted to Pro because it's more transparent , and if I want bass, I can boost it manually, instead of having to turn it down. I owned the IE80, and though I liked it, the bass knob broke, and I ended up RMA and selling it. I'm excited about the description of the Pro! This is gonna be great !

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #940 of 35,472

^ Flat and neutral does not necessarily = boring. Not as "fun" maybe but it can be engaging in it's own ways, ie: crazy clarity/ airiness, with lush mids that are all over your face, a well extended sparkly treble as well as a satisfactory low end which is encapsulated by a massive soundsatge could all be the traits of a "flat/balanced/neutral" sound siggy. Welp to me at least. haha
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #941 of 35,472
^ Flat and neutral does not necessarily = boring. Not as "fun" maybe but it can be engaging in it's own ways, ie: crazy clarity/ airiness, with lush mids that are all over your face, a well extended sparkly treble as well as a satisfactory low end which is encapsulated by a massive soundsatge could all be the traits of a "flat/balanced/neutral" sound siggy. Welp to me at least. haha :rolleyes:

Can I get an amen? AMEN!

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #942 of 35,472
^ Flat and neutral does not necessarily = boring. Not as "fun" maybe but it can be engaging in it's own ways, ie: crazy clarity/ airiness, with lush mids that are all over your face, a well extended sparkly treble as well as a satisfactory low end which is encapsulated by a massive soundsatge could all be the traits of a "flat/balanced/neutral" sound siggy.

It probably does to those who like the "V" FR, and bassheads.

There are several different 'camps' of enthusiasts here on head-fi and a basshead or V-fan would definitely not like a neutral, audiophile-style sound.

I guess this is why HAVI and others have 3 different sound siggy manufacturing lines. :wink:

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #943 of 35,472
It probably does to those who like the "V" FR, and bassheads.

There are several different 'camps' of enthusiasts here on head-fi and a basshead or V-fan would definitely not like a neutral, audiophile-style sound.

I guess this is why HAVI and others have 3 different sound siggy manufacturing lines.
wink.gif

Hmmm then i must be in the super minority then, i can enjoy all kinds of sound siggys, just as long as they do EVERYTHING right and not skim on anything. I AM A GREEDY person THAT JUST WANTS IT ALL!!!
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #944 of 35,472

^ Flat and neutral does not necessarily = boring. Not as "fun" maybe but it can be engaging in it's own ways, ie: crazy clarity/ airiness, with lush mids that are all over your face, a well extended sparkly treble as well as a satisfactory low end which is encapsulated by a massive soundsatge could all be the traits of a "flat/balanced/neutral" sound siggy. Welp to me at least. haha
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, lol. But I haven't known any budget IEM that could do it all. If there is one, all of Head-Fi (excluding Summit and High-Fi peeps) would flock to its yard.

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #945 of 35,472
For now - Somic MH415. Tremble, bass and soundstage are great :)

Quote:

I do not know if this is Pro. This is not a typical V or flat, you can feel the bass boost, but the treble is slightly recessed. In some way it would fit into IE8 sound signature, so maybe this is the Pro version.
If the sound was faster for sure it would be a better earphones. And flat not equal boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back