Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #8,600 of 35,472
I recently bought an old HP PC for my kids to watch their cartoons on and the audio didn't work after I stalled the new graphics card, so I went to the garage to grab this old Dynadock thing I had been given a while ago. It's this little media station which acts as a hub for USB, a second screen and audio. So after setting it up I noticed that this thing is f*'ing LOUD! Like really loud. I had to turn the volume down to 1% to for my kids to use their UE4000 cans. So it made me curios. I went and got my DR-150s to try it out and HORREY SCHIIT!!! This thing sounds really good in quality. The DAC is pretty damn decent and the amp on this things must be really powerful. I mean, I can't find any specs on the audio hardware, but I think it could upwards of 1 watt (1000mw). Like, I had to keep the volume are 7% because it to ear piercingly too loud. I think I found something that no one has ever noticed before.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #8,603 of 35,472
I recently bought an old HP PC for my kids to watch their cartoons on and the audio didn't work after I stalled the new graphics card, so I went to the garage to grab this old Dynadock thing I had been given a while ago. It's this little media station which acts as a hub for USB, a second screen and audio. So after setting it up I noticed that this thing is f*'ing LOUD! Like really loud. I had to turn the volume down to 1% to for my kids to use their UE4000 cans. So it made me curios. I went and got my DR-150s to try it out and HORREY SCHIIT!!! This thing sounds really good in quality. The DAC is pretty damn decent and the amp on this things must be really powerful. I mean, I can't find any specs on the audio hardware, but I think it could upwards of 1 watt (1000mw). Like, I had to keep the volume are 7% because it to ear piercingly too loud. I think I found something that no one has ever noticed before.

Hmm, interesting. I think that's the same Dynadock docking station I use in my office. I'll check it out next week when I'm back at the office.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #8,604 of 35,472
Hmm, interesting. I think that's the same Dynadock docking station I use in my office. I'll check it out next week when I'm back at the office.

Please do. The one I've got is the Dynadock V.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #8,605 of 35,472
Just received the KZ ED SE and KZ ES today. Out of the box, the EDSE is really great, I would be happy to pay 5 times as much for them. The ES sound muffled quite a bit. Do you guys think that the ES would improve with burn in?

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #8,607 of 35,472
Just received the KZ ED SE and KZ ES today. Out of the box, the EDSE is really great, I would be happy to pay 5 times as much for them. The ES sound muffled quite a bit. Do you guys think that the ES would improve with burn in?

After 20 hours, it did an about face and greatly improved to the point of surpassing most of my IEM's in 'SQ'.

Burn them in, first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back