Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #8,583 of 35,472
  This player plays clear, vivid and raw (like hearing it through a digital amp). I use it daily, back and forth with the 'ONN Q9', which this player plays warm with great vocals (like hearing it through a tube amp).

Both are great, but you will not be disappointed with the 'Ruizu'. Great player!

Could you post some real pictures of them?
And of the UI also? 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #8,584 of 35,472
Can you compare to any of the more popular players like sansa, ipod, sony, fiio etc? 

And that's good to hear! Might replace my zip one day...

I only have these 2 players and my trusty headphone amp. Sold several of my other Chinese digital players a year ago (low grade sound). I didn't think I needed them after getting my hands on these 2. They're just great for going out and about, or home lounging.

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #8,586 of 35,472
Can you compare to any of the more popular players like sansa, ipod, sony, fiio etc? 

And that's good to hear! Might replace my zip one day...

I only have these 2 players and my trusty headphone amp. Sold several of my other Chinese digital players a year ago (low grade sound). I didn't think I needed them after getting my hands on these 2. They're just great for going out and about, or home lounging.
So, you recommend those? Good quality sound? Needs amp or can handle much of the iems?

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #8,589 of 35,472
Just an update on the issue I had earlier today (post quoted below). I tried what @Hisoundfi suggested and took a pair of pliers to try and flatten the plastic piece. Didn't really work out for me because when I would squeeze it with the pliers, the ring would just shift to the area where there is no contact from the pliers (so it would be more of an oval shape). Anyways, the seller suggested to just cut off the plastic, so should I try this? I mean, I guess I have nothing to lose since I can't use the wire as it is right now anyways. But will there be any negative effects by doing this?

Quote:
  Just received my 'thick' cable from Aliexpress. Unfortunately, one of the connectors is defective..

The part circled on the right is the main issue. The black piece isn't flush with the rest of the connector, so I can't get it into any device. I'm not sure what the left part is. It's not just a visual marking, when I run my nail in that area it feels as if there is a small recess. I'm not sure if it has any effect on the cable, but I can't test it anyways as the protruding black piece is preventing me from doing anything.

Going to contact the seller and see what can be done about this.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #8,590 of 35,472
  Just an update on the issue I had earlier today (post quoted below). I tried what @Hisoundfi suggested and took a pair of pliers to try and flatten the plastic piece. Didn't really work out for me because when I would squeeze it with the pliers, the ring would just shift to the area where there is no contact from the pliers (so it would be more of an oval shape). Anyways, the seller suggested to just cut off the plastic, so should I try this? I mean, I guess I have nothing to lose since I can't use the wire as it is right now anyways. But will there be any negative effects by doing this?

Gonna throw out a couple of suggestions (disclaimer: never tried them myself)

How about using a twisty-tie to try and put pressure on all sides or the ring at once?

Before cutting, how about heating the plastic?  I'm thinking best case scenario that it either will shrink to lodge into the groove, or it'll melt into it
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #8,591 of 35,472
So, you recommend those? Good quality sound? Needs amp or can handle much of the iems?

I realized, both digital players has built-in EQ settings (even custom settings). But, if you leave them both on the normal setting and you want to play them loud, this will be the best setting for any IEM. I use my headphone amp with my computer using Realtek HD Audio Manager. This is relaxation for me after a good days work.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #8,592 of 35,472

Gonna throw out a couple of suggestions (disclaimer: never tried them myself)

How about using a twisty-tie to try and put pressure on all sides or the ring at once?

Before cutting, how about heating the plastic?  I'm thinking best case scenario that it either will shrink to lodge into the groove, or it'll melt into it
biggrin.gif

Heating the plastic 'til it melts might do more harm than good, IMO. I'm a total DIY noob, though, so can't really say anything on that. Then again, that groove looks like a place where the plastic might go into, though (like a 4-pole jack with the 3 rings).

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #8,594 of 35,472

This is the schiit for EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back