Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #5,656 of 35,472
I just went thru that link and read everything in under 20 secs.....yeah very few english and repeated models of known,....:D jk.....

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #5,659 of 35,472
  Out of curiosity, I decided to trawl baidu for some answers. From what I've seen, only one person speculated that it was in fact a rebranded VSD1. Most people complained about a lack of bass, which is pretty much in-line with what people have said about the GR07 MkII. One "official" post stated that it was indeed the GR07 MkII drivers housed in different housings created by a 3rd party manufacturer, and that they were personally tuned by the CEO of Vsonic (this kind of sounded like a load of advertising crap to me). General consensus is that it is probably a rebranded GR07 MkII due to the sound signature and information released by Vivo.

thanks, that helps a lot :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #5,664 of 35,472
You guys have gotta try the kz ed special edition iem.

It's phenomenal and is only getting better with burn in.

Kind of sad that I prefer a iem I paid $13 usd for with no amp through a basic cell phone over many other much higher priced iems with an amp.

I hyped the snot out of the t1e for being an amazing value. The kz ed special edition hangs with the t1e and is even better than it in some areas.

Oh yeah, it's only $13-$15 right now. Unbelievable how good this thing is in both sq and build quality.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #5,667 of 35,472
@sfwalcer

You said the t1e was very very good but there wasn't anything about them that set them apart. I think the mids on these ed3 might give you the wow factor you are looking for. They sound very forward and musical in the mids, with similar bass and treble.

Do they need burn in or a certain tip? They aren't really doing it for me. Too fatiguing and piercing at times.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #5,668 of 35,472
Do they need burn in or a certain tip? They aren't really doing it for me. Too fatiguing and piercing at times.
my go to tip lately has been the Sony mh1 tips.

None of the Asian brand's olive tips ever work for my ears.

My ed special edition aren't bright at all. They are actually very warm sounding IMHO.

Try to get a better seal with tip rolling.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #5,669 of 35,472
  http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/smsl-sap-5-max9722-hifi-bassy-portable-headphone-amplifier-2014-new.html

Uses the same amp chip as the NX1. 850mah battery. Bass Boost.

Could be a nice NX1 alternative for my Havi since it has bass boost and doesn't break the bank.

How do you know it uses the same amp chip as the NX1? Topping stated that they will not provided the details for the opamp used for piracy reasons and it is definitely not the OPA1611 that has been plastered all over the internet because it's a single channel amp and the chip in the NX1 is a 16 pin IC, not 8 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back