Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #5,641 of 35,472
  Been a while since I've used mister tao but pay once in the beginning and then once they received it pay once more and then they get it shipped to you.

Couldn't resist the price. Just purchased XE800's. This is my first time purchasing through MisterTao. Made my first payment... do they contact you by email to make the second payment when they receive the item? Thanks.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #5,642 of 35,472

Couldn't resist the price. Just purchased XE800's. This is my first time purchasing through MisterTao. Made my first payment... do they contact you by email to make the second payment when they receive the item? Thanks.

Yup, they will send you another email. Tried to buy the XE800 few hours ago but my bank thought it was suspicious so declined so I'm going wait just a few hours before trying again. Last bank worked fine. 
frown.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 6, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #5,644 of 35,472
  @Netforce... Thanks, I appreciate the reply back. I guess with all the scammers and identity thief going on these days, the banks are taking the extra precautions. Hopefully, it works out for you.

No prob 
biggrin.gif

Tried again after some verifying with my bank and everything went through smoothly this time. Can't wait for the XE800.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #5,646 of 35,472
I was under the impression that XE800 was rebranded VSD1, not GR07. is there a definite proof the XE800 is slightly different looking gr07? does vsonic say anything about that? I'd gladly pay 60$ for a white version of GR07, just don't want to end up with a white version of VSD1...

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #5,648 of 35,472
  My apologies, but does taobao ship overseas? there are some interesting IEMs (more specific a diy535) and shipping cost are a concern

You've got to use a forwarding agent like mistertao or similar to get it overseas.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #5,649 of 35,472
I was under the impression that XE800 was rebranded VSD1, not GR07. is there a definite proof the XE800 is slightly different looking gr07? does vsonic say anything about that? I'd gladly pay 60$ for a white version of GR07, just don't want to end up with a white version of VSD1...

Out of curiosity, I decided to trawl baidu for some answers. From what I've seen, only one person speculated that it was in fact a rebranded VSD1. Most people complained about a lack of bass, which is pretty much in-line with what people have said about the GR07 MkII. One "official" post stated that it was indeed the GR07 MkII drivers housed in different housings created by a 3rd party manufacturer, and that they were personally tuned by the CEO of Vsonic (this kind of sounded like a load of advertising crap to me). General consensus is that it is probably a rebranded GR07 MkII due to the sound signature and information released by Vivo.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #5,650 of 35,472
Dear Customer,
All products related to keywords "shure" are banned to sell 
. Please try to search other products you like . Thank you!

Unfortunately, almost all his products are branded like shure.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #5,653 of 35,472
I bought from that seller because people said that tmall was verified sellers theu make offers time to time for 399yuans http://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=40233062229

I was scared to buy from this taobao seller because comes in a bulk without box anything... There are chances to be fake... People said that the other earphone model xe600 was faked by sellers too... So 100yuan more for trusted seller may be worthy

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #5,654 of 35,472

No its not rebranded vsd1 but bhazard confirmed it more of gr07 for less price....

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #5,655 of 35,472

It's not a rebrand. It is a completely new tuning and housing design using the same driver as the GR07.

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-11158501-1-1.html

A "new version" GR07 is a steal at $50-60. I love mine, and it shares time with my Havi. They are the only two IEMS I currently use out of the hundreds I've tried, and may be the only 2 I keep.

The XE800 is definitely not bass light. Has more bass than the Havi, and is much easier to drive, even at 50ohm.

I sold off my DUNU DN-2k because I didn't think it had the value/performance these both have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back