Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #4,666 of 35,472
A amplifier does as much for the t1E as it does for the b3 IMHO. If you've listened and drew a opinion of the t1E without hearing them pushed with an amp, you are not giving them an opportunity to run at their full potential.

Bass just gets that much better and mids and treble becomes more cohesive. Mids sound recessed without an amp, but absolutely beautiful with one. The treble cleans up and is much more detailed.

My AMPLIFIED t1e is the best sounding thing I've heard in a looooong looooong time.

PS- use an amp with the t1E lol

Head-fi over and out

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #4,667 of 35,472
No I think You misunderstood...I said im being owner of those fiio amps I feel sad for that as the nx1 is better to those.....for the price and battery backup.

I completely understood. Just because one or two people like the NX1, doesn't make it the better amp. People hear what they expect sometimes (when the difference is not there but because of expectations built by hype), and then sometimes it's just personal preference when an amp is not actually as good as another. ClieOS, whom I would describe as a professional reviewer who does LOTs of indepth portable amp reviews, estimates that the NVX1 is similar to the SMSL amps he reviewed, which would make the NVX1 not as good as the E11. Go read what I linked to

So I wouldn't give up on your E11 just yet. :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #4,668 of 35,472
I completely understood. Just because one or two people like the NX1, doesn't make it the better amp. People hear what they expect sometimes (when the difference is not there but because of expectations built by hype), and then sometimes it's just personal preference when an amp is not actually as good as another. ClieOS, whom I would describe as a professional reviewer who does LOTs of indepth portable amp reviews, estimates that the NVX1 is similar to the SMSL amps he reviewed, which would make the NVX1 not as good as the E11. Go read what I linked to

Me vote still go to Topping NX1 ..not to say E11 is not good but NX1 is better. ...imho.......

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #4,669 of 35,472

K..roger that. But I said in comparison with price and battery life of 100hrs to fiio's and not its driving force. My E11 easily handles my senn hd600 and philips hpc890 with enough juice...and I wouldnt hate them any given day,though I use my E12 mostly, being more neutral ....

Oh btw, ClieOS said he guessed to be of smsl internals(not confirmed),by looking at the pictures. And I might say, its ok,even if topping used the same electronics BUT with better modifications etc......on NX1 than smsl.

Anyway Im like you that I will not simply buy my gears blind folded and waste our hard earned money....especially the gadgets that are being bought over e-commerce.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #4,671 of 35,472
All good information, but I would suggest a fiio amp. They are awesome amps with an awesome build, at unbeatable prices. I have the e18 because I'm an android guy, but the e17 would be my next option.

The e6 is an awesome little portable amp that you can get for around $25. This little guy will push you b3 just fine, and has 4 different eq settings. It will give you a bass boost if you decide you want more boom on your b3.
thanks.

frankly, it seems like i either buy the x3 or endure a tedious wait to buy the x1 and then add an amp, taking the cost up to a similar amount. either way looks fine.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #4,673 of 35,472
A amplifier does as much for the t1E as it does for the b3 IMHO. If you've listened and drew a opinion of the t1E without hearing them pushed with an amp, you are not giving them an opportunity to run at their full potential.

Bass just gets that much better and mids and treble becomes more cohesive. Mids sound recessed without an amp, but absolutely beautiful with one. The treble cleans up and is much more detailed.

My AMPLIFIED t1e is the best sounding thing I've heard in a looooong looooong time.

PS- use an amp with the t1E lol

Head-fi over and out

just like i said earlier. the t1e does benefit so much with amplification. but still i need a confirmation lol. tried burning in these t1e but still the bass is still clearly less than my kc06A T.T hoping that mochill can give a confirmation since he's getting both. i do still think thats mine is a defect because of the reviews i've found they rave so much about the bass. the bass on my t1e is really 'meh' btw what should i do if my unit is really a defect ? can i return it ? never happened to me before lol. i think my case is similar to bhazard's kc06 where he gets the 'no bass' kc06. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,674 of 35,472
  just like i said earlier. the t1e does benefit so much with amplification. but still i need a confirmation lol. tried burning in these t1e but still the bass is still clearly less than my kc06A T.T hoping that mochill can give a confirmation since he's getting both. i do still think thats mine is a defect because of the reviews i've found they rave so much about the bass. the bass on my t1e is really 'meh' btw what should i do if my unit is really a defect ? can i return it ? never happened to me before lol. i think my case is similar to bhazard's kc06 where he gets the 'no bass' kc06. 

Where did you get them from? If you got them from like say penon audio just send them an email, they are pretty awesome and haven't had a bad experience with them thus far.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4,675 of 35,472
Just A/Bied T1E with the T1 (regular version) and all I can say is that it definitely has more bass than the regular version but doesn't come close to Earmax ER100, which are in my opinion, the ultimate bass monsters.

Getting a proper seal is crucial. You should try tip rolling to overcome the big housing issue. Regular double flange tips did the trick for me. The bass on T1E extends lower than the bass on T1 but is not boosted. The treble also extends higher on the T1E and can sometimes appear sibilant. They are also more revealing and detailed.

My favorite music genre is metal. I've been in love with it since I was 8 years old (I'm 31 now). Most of metal albums are lacking in the bass department. Only in the last 10 years or so, with the change in the production style and the development of many new sub genres enabled the bass to be properly heard on some recordings. If you want to properly test the bass on a pair of headphones, you should probably go with contemporary alternative or industrial metal albums.

P.S.
In more than 20 years of listening to metal, I found only one album that was produced so well that is sounded perfect on any rig I played it on.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #4,676 of 35,472
Okay. I'll bite since you're being a tease. What album?

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4,677 of 35,472
  Just A/Bied T1E with the T1 (regular version) and all I can say is that it definitely has more bass than the regular version but doesn't come close to Earmax ER100, which are in my opinion, the ultimate bass monsters.

Getting a proper seal is crucial. You should try tip rolling to overcome the big housing issue. Regular double flange tips did the trick for me. The bass on T1E extends lower than the bass on T1 but is not boosted. The treble also extends higher on the T1E and can sometimes appear sibilant. They are also more revealing and detailed.

My favorite music genre is metal. I've been in love with it since I was 8 years old (I'm 31 now). Most of metal albums are lacking in the bass department. Only in the last 10 years or so, with the change in the production style and the development of many new sub genres enabled the bass to be properly heard on some recordings. If you want to properly test the bass on a pair of headphones, you should probably go with contemporary alternative or industrial metal albums.

P.S.
In more than 20 years of listening to metal, I found only one album that was produced so well that is sounded perfect on any rig I played it on.

i listen to newer kind of metal (in mourning, opeth's new albums, dark tranquillity etc) and it sounded REALLY bad. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back