Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #4,636 of 35,472
i don't want any more volume than I'm getting now on my phone with xiaomi pistons. i also don't want less. :D
a fiio e6 is a good investment for anyone in this hobby.

Through my Samsung galaxy my b3 is meh, after I run in my e6 it's phenomenal.

I'm not too much a numbers/ohms/impedance guy (yet), just someone who likes and spends way too much money on headphones. I'm telling you, the e6 should give you the extra boost needed take them sound good until you invest in a bigger and better amp.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #4,638 of 35,472
I completely agree with Hisoundfi, the E6 is an invaluable little amp for mobile listening. Can drive those hard to drive IEMs for $25, with minimal coloration of the sound on regular setting, and just slightly on high gain setting. It's got normal gain, xtra bass, high gain, and then some attenuated setting. Can't beat that for $25.00 and a housing smaller that a pack of gum.

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #4,640 of 35,472
A better choice is Hippo Mook - compared to E6 only drawback is too much hiss on sensitive iem.

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #4,643 of 35,472
I find ny HTC One (M7) to be far better without the e6. I actually find the e6 to be overrated and not improving on any source that I own. Only good thing (for me) would be the eq and potentially saving some battery.

@DJScope The nx1 seem to be a way better option. If mine isn't waiting for me at home when I get back from my holiday I'm ordering another one.

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #4,644 of 35,472
I find ny HTC One (M7) to be far better without the e6. I actually find the e6 to be overrated and not improving on any source that I own. Only good thing (for me) would be the eq and potentially saving some battery.

@DJScope The nx1 seem to be a way better option. If mine isn't waiting for me at home when I get back from my holiday I'm ordering another one.

Did they track down your donkey? 
deadhorse.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #4,645 of 35,472
Lol, It probably died on the way :wink:

I've got a full refund but since I got a tracking number I wanted to wait and be 100% sure I don't get two. If it's not there next week I'm sure it never will arrive.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #4,646 of 35,472
Haven't heard E6, but as an owner of NX1, E5 and E11 all I can say that NX1 killed both E's at an instant.

I have to add : with its 100 hours battery life on a single charge, there is no competition either.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #4,647 of 35,472
@audiohurric4ne

I'm doing an a-b comparison with t1E and kc06a. I will confirm after testing with various tips, my t1e has superior bass in both quality and quantity IMHO. I'm thinking you either have a defective pair or maybe the ergonomics aren't allowing you to get a complete seal.

My kc06a is brighter highs that are more detailed. I do understand why you would prefer these for metal as bass is tighter and maybe a touch faster response. Also mids are a touch more forward than the t1E.

Soundstage is huge because of t1E tuning. I give it to t1E. It has a similar sound stage to the dm2. It's like a more refined dm2.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #4,650 of 35,472
T1e is very comfortable to wear. I can go over the ear with them by angling them correctly.

The sub bass is fantastic, dare I say superior to the gr07 BE? Still figuring this out. So far it's looking like it.

No sibilance from what I hear.

If any negative, it seems like the mids are stepping back from first listen. I hope this doesn't continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back