Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #33,121 of 35,472
Confirmed my intuition.
The Vivo XE800 I got for $18 at
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-VIVO-XE800-High-definition-moveable-Hifi-Sound-system-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-Voice/32704376144.html
is at least as "legit" than Rillpac or other trusted sellers. The communication with the seller (Shenzhen XiaoYu Trade Com.. Ltd) was superb (he showed lot of patience, BTW). I don't doubt they get the Vivos from the Vivo factory.

Have tried them asap, no burn-in, to confirm they are not fake.

Rotatable nozzles (this helps me a lot), OEM plastic bag, 3 pairs of white silicon tips. Tried first medium tips; insertion is shallow and the tips are long but narrow; not enough seal. Went for my "hybrid" spinfits (spinfits+foam), and got the desired seal; after this, tried the stock large tips (my usual are medium), and they worked as well. Remember that the nozzles are narrow, VSonic type. Will add a separator (silicon o-ring) to the nozzles, to allow a deeper insertion.

They sound airy and very clear (for their price); and natural and enough balanced; they try to imitate VSonic GR07 sound, so there is a slight mid-bass emphasis (although my ears barely notice it). Obviously, don't have the extension and resolution of GR07. My first impression is very good, considering the segment where they play.
The only thing I don't like is a noticeable peak in 3500Hz aprox. That one will need some little EQ to make them sound in tone.

Will check again after burn-in, but I know I'll keep liking them.

Edit: after a few burn-in hours, found them to sound even more balanced. they are slightly bright, due probably to some treble peak. but the strange peak i noticed just right out of the box has gone after the first hour of playing. So you can play it without EQ, except if you prefer a not so bright sound.
The cable is thin and seems weak; better treat it with care. You can wear them over the ear, if you exchange left/right.
They are a very good budget option, IMO.

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #33,122 of 35,472
Aug 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #33,123 of 35,472
can i ask can anyone point me to the latest best iem that is being hailed in this thread as this thread has so big now to look for what I want

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #33,124 of 35,472
  can i ask can anyone point me to the latest best iem that is being hailed in this thread as this thread has so big now to look for what I want

and what do you want, i.e. what are you seeking for?

not being hailed in this thread, although they are Chinese, but after trying some of them, i'd say go for FLC8s (or wait for Celeste, if it's in your budget), or Pai Audio MR3. they are the clearest, the most detailed, transparent, neutral, balanced, from my stock, far from the rest.

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #33,125 of 35,472

Fidue Sirius. It's so sirius that with the sirius, you can siriusly forget all the other chinese iems pretending to be sirius to compete with the sirius.on a sirius note, do siriusly consider the sirius as it is siriusly good

biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #33,126 of 35,472

Fidue Sirius. It's so sirius that with the sirius, you can siriusly forget all the other chinese iems pretending to be sirius to compete with the sirius.on a sirius note, do siriusly consider the sirius as it is siriusly good

biggrin.gif

Are you sirius???
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #33,131 of 35,472
I got a few dollars off the AK 1 + 3 which is on the way to my place as
well as the niceHCK 1 + 8. It's gonna be a showdown against the Ear Keggers!

hck 1+8 is way too expensive for the build quality of it.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #33,132 of 35,472
Having noticed vapman mentioning how bassy the KZ ATE can be, I was curious if there is anything competitive around that price. I'm impressed with the basshead quality of the ATE and wouldn't mind trying others.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #33,133 of 35,472
Having noticed vapman mentioning how bassy the KZ ATE can be, I was curious if there is anything competitive around that price. I'm impressed with the basshead quality of the ATE and wouldn't mind trying others.

I have not yet encountered anything that can scale as well as the ATE. The zs3 is great for the money but not as insane a deal as the ATE. Now only if they made an ATE with the removable cable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back