Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #33,092 of 35,472
My items has been stuck in "Processing through facility" for the past 7-9 days :frowning2:

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #33,093 of 35,472
Wish I could sell off my Fiio E12 and unmentionables and possibly my D14. The A91 is calling my name

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #33,098 of 35,472
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16307

Sirius vs Fidue A83 ($299)
The main question that might be on the mind of many of Fidue’s loyal followers: how does the A83 compare to the new number 1 in line. The Sirius has a wider and taller soundstage, creating an overall bigger screen. In addition, notes are proportionally thicker to the larger stage; the A83 has a more distant instrument positioning. Because both the stage and instrument size is bigger, the sound is fuller and overall more engaging. In addition, the Sirius has better instrument definition.

This fuller sound is due to the more forward midrange, while the Sirius also has more mid-bass emphasis compared to the A83. While the A83’s sub-bass is punchy with bass-heavy tracks, the Sirius has a higher impact overall. The Sirius has a warmer and more pronounced midrange, with more vocal depth; vocals have greater density, and the A83 can sound a bit hollow in comparison. The A83’s signature is tilted slightly more towards the treble, compared to the more mid-centric Sirius; this can make A83’s tone sound a bit metallic in comparison, with a greater tendency towards sibilance. Overall, the Sirius retains the smooth house sound of the A83, while improving in all directions.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16504

Sirius vs A83 - both have a similar height/depth while Sirius is more expanded in width.  A83 low end is more lifted, both sub-bass and mid-bass are higher in quantity, but not by a lot.  Lower mids in A83 are thinner, definitely not as much body as in Sirius, and upper mids are brighter, more revealing, and at the same time noticeably harsher in comparison (just in relative comparison considering Sirius upper mids are smooth and detailed).  A83 treble is brighter and crispier, with more airiness, but it also sounds a little harsher in comparison to Sirius.  There is definitely more coherency in Sirius driver tuning while A83 follows a more common 3-way hybrid tuning where you can distinguish low end performance of dynamic driver and upper mids/treble brighter tuning courtesy of BA drivers.

I just feel it's hard to trust any review from this website. It has little help to try to get a clear sense of a product. 

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE; ONLY TRUST YOUR EARS.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16470

Soundstage and Imaging
What I’m about to say might leave some scratching their heads. I own a lot of earphones, but the best earphones I’ve heard in terms of soundstage is a properly driven Havi B3 Pro1. Yes, it’s a fifty dollar earphone, but hearing is believing. If you own the Havi B3 Pro1 you probably know what I’m talking about. When driven with the proper source, The Havi soundstage is world class.

To my ear: Soundstage size: M200>IE800~IE80>Havi B3. Soundstage shape IE800>IE80>M200>Havi B3.

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #33,099 of 35,472
with the a91 u can forget almost all aliexpress/chinese iems

Thats what im hoping for. Unfortunately $800 is a good chunk of change

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #33,101 of 35,472
Just pulled the trigger for **** 4in1
Hope it will take me to a new level
dt880smile.png
Can't stand the hype, It's too damn hyped :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #33,104 of 35,472
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16307

Sirius vs Fidue A83 ($299)
The main question that might be on the mind of many of Fidue’s loyal followers: how does the A83 compare to the new number 1 in line. The Sirius has a wider and taller soundstage, creating an overall bigger screen. In addition, notes are proportionally thicker to the larger stage; the A83 has a more distant instrument positioning. Because both the stage and instrument size is bigger, the sound is fuller and overall more engaging. In addition, the Sirius has better instrument definition.

This fuller sound is due to the more forward midrange, while the Sirius also has more mid-bass emphasis compared to the A83. While the A83’s sub-bass is punchy with bass-heavy tracks, the Sirius has a higher impact overall. The Sirius has a warmer and more pronounced midrange, with more vocal depth; vocals have greater density, and the A83 can sound a bit hollow in comparison. The A83’s signature is tilted slightly more towards the treble, compared to the more mid-centric Sirius; this can make A83’s tone sound a bit metallic in comparison, with a greater tendency towards sibilance. Overall, the Sirius retains the smooth house sound of the A83, while improving in all directions.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16504

Sirius vs A83 - both have a similar height/depth while Sirius is more expanded in width.  A83 low end is more lifted, both sub-bass and mid-bass are higher in quantity, but not by a lot.  Lower mids in A83 are thinner, definitely not as much body as in Sirius, and upper mids are brighter, more revealing, and at the same time noticeably harsher in comparison (just in relative comparison considering Sirius upper mids are smooth and detailed).  A83 treble is brighter and crispier, with more airiness, but it also sounds a little harsher in comparison to Sirius.  There is definitely more coherency in Sirius driver tuning while A83 follows a more common 3-way hybrid tuning where you can distinguish low end performance of dynamic driver and upper mids/treble brighter tuning courtesy of BA drivers.

I just feel it's hard to trust any review from this website. It has little help to try to get a clear sense of a product. 

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE; ONLY TRUST YOUR EARS.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16470

Soundstage and Imaging
What I’m about to say might leave some scratching their heads. I own a lot of earphones, but the best earphones I’ve heard in terms of soundstage is a properly driven Havi B3 Pro1. Yes, it’s a fifty dollar earphone, but hearing is believing. If you own the Havi B3 Pro1 you probably know what I’m talking about. When driven with the proper source, The Havi soundstage is world class.

To my ear: Soundstage size: M200>IE800~IE80>Havi B3. Soundstage shape IE800>IE80>M200>Havi B3.

I also had a similar experience to you. I found the $40 Hidizs EX-01 to be the best and largest IEM for me in terms of sound-stage.

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #33,105 of 35,472
Just received my PMV A01 Mk2
Sounding never disappointed me

I normally find that after a disappointing first listen, if I just leave them alone for a day or so and the come back without listening to any other IEMs or headphones, they almost always sound better. Brain burn-in over time is a powerful asset. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back