Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #31,876 of 35,472

Ordered the IEM that shall not be named from the seller that shall not be named before all this debacle. Was very happy with it, sound wise, but the cable had a crack in it. Fine, they say they have sent a replacement, though I haven't received a tracking number.

Yesterday, while tip rolling, the whole inner part (unpainted metal thingie, with the stem etc) came out of the housing while removing a tip. Not exactly what I'm expecting from a $150 IEM. Now on to see if they deal with this in a good way or try to screw me over. I was pretty p****d off yesterday, now having to use tape in order to not have the most expensive audio item I've ever bought fall apart every time I take it out of my ear.

Tape. $150. Does not compute.

Tried wiggling the same part on the other housing, and while it's not coming out, it does move. Not very confidence inducing... Since it does move, I suppose I would be able to wiggle it loose. While I'm not going to try, using them regularly on the commute, they are going to get wiggled. I expected these to last me for many years to come, and they start falling apart after two weeks. I've had KZ IEMs that I've tried to recable (a pair of ED9), and for the life of me I couldn't get the housing open, despite trying for over an hour with every tool I could think of that I had laying around.. That is the kind of build I expect, and it's pretty sad I get it from an IEM that costs $10 or something but not this.

so sorry you are having these big issues. get the chance to look inside, to check if there is any kind of tuning besides the drivers :wink:
hope you won't have any problems with the seller to replace them (i was full refunded a package with seven items -m2 was one of them-, including return shipping costs).
i also got them before the debacle; had better luck, no issues, but expected a more neutral signature and better detail; they have very good sub-bass, but bass overall is a bit more emphasized than my liking; highs are also good enough. v-shaped, then.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #31,878 of 35,472
Originally Posted by hakuzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i also got them before the debacle; had better luck, no issues, but expected a more neutral signature and better detail; they have very good sub-bass, but bass overall is a bit more emphasized than my liking; highs are also good enough. v-shaped, then.

That was about "noname" IEM ? If so, then thank You saying it out loud - it would have been same "disappointment" for me as You are having about sound signature. That`s what I was wondering when I looked at FR graphs about them, they seemed little V-shaped and not so neutral/balanced I would like but it was just an assumption based on graphs. I know actual sound perception will differ from graphs (IEM`s are tuned this way to compensate) but someone saying it out loud throws another stone against buying them.

What about sound filters on nozzles? They didn`t help much to get more balanced sound?

I think I wiill return to ~100$ candidates, TO12(TK13) which I will hear tomorrow for short session, ATH-E40 and some others...

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #31,879 of 35,472
  How do they compare with higher priced hybrids like 808, BK50 and A2S ?

I don't carry the A2S, but the Kinera BD05 hybrid does really well with Auvio silicone tips complimenting the 808's and BK50's for any outdoor sports activities, since they wrap around the ears for stability. Construction wise, they're not as solid (since mostly clear plastic), but they do tend to insert well and stay sturdy in the ears. For some crazy reason they seem to be well tuned for the outdoors, even blocking out noisy rides from buses and subway trains.....they do really well in this aspect. Overall, they perform well and clear with a little mid-bass emphasis and male vocals sounding realistic with plenty of details on top for such a low-priced hybrid.

.....Purchasing these months ago, they've been a keeper ever since.

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #31,880 of 35,472
I have received a Sendiy M2. The driver is similar shape of Original M2 (not another M2) I have not yet taken good photos of the driver of mine.
my first impression: the now version of Sendiy M2 sounds no sibilant with high response but under typical sound of the early stage.

Can you upload some pics of the driver/nozzles? I got hold of a pair of Winintone RB thingys, they look very similar to the M2s 

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #31,881 of 35,472
  BUSHMASTER

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-audio-d14-bushmaster/reviews/16508

thanks for the review. like Lurk650, i'm enjoying it a lot. used at home, connected to the pc, i'ts able to drive the hungry akg k612 pro, but also the most sensitive iems with no hiss.

thank You saying it out loud - it would have been same "disappointment" for me as You are having about sound signature. That`s what I was wondering when I looked at FR graphs about them, they seemed little V-shaped and not so neutral/balanced I would like but it was just an assumption based on graphs. I know actual sound perception will differ from graphs (IEM`s are tuned this way to compensate) but someone saying it out loud throws another stone against buying them.

What about sound filters on nozzles? They didn`t help much to get more balanced sound?

I think I wiill return to ~100$ candidates, TO12(TK13) which I will hear tomorrow for short session, ATH-E40 and some others...

i did a A/B comparison with PaiAudio MR3 (got them when AE anniversary, so they were cheaper than the others) and FLC8s. will add the ATH-IM02 (CK90) (also cheaper) to the comparison when i can. they are a bit warmer than MR3 and FLC8s, a bit lower resolution (micro-detail). mids are a bit recessed against bass. dunno, will try to EQ that bass. anyway, bass sounds very well to my ears (full bodied, enjoyed some sub bass echoes in "The Closer" of Nine Inch Nails), soundstage is very good, and highs sound natural to me. so i think they are worth their price, specially if you like sub-bass and some warmth. will use them for EDM and so. i don't have TK13, but i guess they'll be worst in the high end, at least.
Edit: i used white filter (most reference), and red-gray-gold in FLC8s. DX90 as source, low gain.

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #31,882 of 35,472
Just chilling at Oppo in Mtn View, CA. Testing out the PMs and the HA1 and 2 amp. Holy crap this HA2 with my X3-ii takes my TK13 to a level I've never heard. Wow.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #31,884 of 35,472
Jul 26, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #31,885 of 35,472

Can you upload some pics of the driver/nozzles? I got hold of a pair of Winintone RB thingys, they look very similar to the M2s 

Here is some pics:

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #31,886 of 35,472
Could we please stop this "IEM that shall not be named" bit and just actually stop discussing what we were asked to not discuss?  Same with the seller.  It's just going to cause annoyance and trouble, if not eventually get the thread shut again.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #31,887 of 35,472
On the bit about Aliexpress sellers not providing tracking details, it has happened to me a lot of times. Mostly on cheap and small stuff like cables, pads, tips (<$5). All from different sellers. Once I asked the seller, and the reply was something along the lines of - 'you will receive the goods, do not worry'
I think most of the time it's with China Post Small Parcel Service.

I'm waiting for a small bag I bought to carry source gear and small stuff. No tracking there too. I'm gettimg a bit angsty since I have recieved other 'no tracking stuff' ordered with it, and I have only this week before I have to leave for college.

I think that's the way Aliexpress rolls. It's always a risk. Better forget that you ordered something, and then pretty much what the seller said. xD

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #31,889 of 35,472
My phone just blew up with messages thanks to Hot-Fi.

Really mature conduct right here, if anyone else needed proof of why not to do business with them.

When did you place order and when did you receive it? I'm just gonna guess his side kept seeing the message didn't send so he kept trying to send it

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #31,890 of 35,472
The Super 6 are excellent, but I bought it from the banned shop (before everything blew up) so have no idea where to talk about it. :p

Jim-HCK has a 7-driver for sale too, the DZ7, no thread yet but impressions are found in the QT5 thread.

Could we please stop this "IEM that shall not be named" bit and just actually stop discussing what we were asked to not discuss?  Same with the seller.  It's just going to cause annoyance and trouble, if not eventually get the thread shut again.

I agree about the seller but not about super6 and others products listed there apart from one item which we all know.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/813949/chinese-ciem-and-uiem-manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back