Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #30,331 of 35,472
  Well my z2016 have finally arrived after 3 weeks (usually takes 2). They were delivered to my wife's office and the box had taken a beating:

Fortunately the iem wasn't damaged. I had my wife check them for me and she said they sound amazeballs but I'm taking it with a large boulder of salt because she still uses her iphone earbuds despite having my large collection to draw from.

Possibly a rival to the LZ-A2S. Eagerly looking forward to your impressions 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #30,332 of 35,472
Yes, unless at some fine print level that doesn't matter to us. I still love the HLSX 808, still my favorite under $40.

I think my next buy will be HLSX-BK50 or Remax 600M, i'm really curious about them.

Same here, HLSX(Magaosi) 808 is still my favorite within ~35$ price bracket, especially with modified configuration. 

While still very interested about upcoming review of BK50 from 1clearhead, I`m also interested in trying Remax600M to use their BA`s for modification.

1clearhead - WHERE IS YOUR REVIEW ON BK50 ?!?! -.-

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #30,333 of 35,472
  I regret to say that HLSX BK35 is so far my worst purchase (at 40hrs burn-in). I actually find Joyroom E107 and Rock Zircon way better. Contrary to others' impressions, what I find bad about it is the mids cause it sounds unnatural and sometimes drowned by mid-bass. Even though sub-bass is becoming more and more controlled, treble is becoming recessed. Maybe my unit is somewhat defective?

No, same story here. They will sound better over time, and you should definitely try Coils mod, which will help even more.
Still the wooly bass is not my thing, despite having very detailed highs.

Edit: Oops, I was talking about the 808s instead of the BK35. I should not drink during breakfast.

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #30,334 of 35,472
My mod applies to BK35 also? I haven`t tried it and can`t approve since I don`t have BK35. My vent hole + tips mod certainly works on 808 though, to certain extent though. For 35$ and even if it needs some modding - I definitely recommend to try 808. So far it`s the best 35$+5$ I`ve spent among cheap IEM`s.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #30,335 of 35,472

It's a fair point.  But on the other hand, aren't there genuine original designs in some of these IEMs?  They're not all copies right?

And the point about shilling is that it hurts the community of course, but just as much the seller when it blows up in their face, as well as the people who got swept away by it.  Nobody wins, so there is just no excuse for doing it.  Well unless you really just want to grab cash quickly over a few months and don't care what happens after.  But I suspect it would be better for most sellers to build a long community relationship and get repeat business, word of mouth and goodwill.  Any seller who doesn't get that (regardless where they're from) is just an idiot.

EDIT: ... imo
wink.gif

gl, i fully agree with you--there are undoubtedly good sellers with innovative designs, and the sales tactics of this rogue seller were particularly heavy-handed and stupid. my main point, however, was that many of us are knowingly fostering this corrupt commercial culture, which won't change unless and until we demand real marketing integrity and transparency/objectivity in the review process. imo.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #30,337 of 35,472
Any suggestions on getting a similar IEM to the Monoprice 9927? Im looking for something with the same open, balanced sound but with better isolation than the 9927... most important thing is timbre accuracy. I like my bass tame and flat with great extention, crystal clear midrange, and easy going treble that isnt peaky. I need a poor mans er4p... not looking for a consumer friendly sound. I need a refrence monitor.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #30,338 of 35,472
  I regret to say that HLSX BK35 is so far my worst purchase (at 40hrs burn-in). I actually find Joyroom E107 and Rock Zircon way better. Contrary to others' impressions, what I find bad about it is the mids cause it sounds unnatural and sometimes drowned by mid-bass. Even though sub-bass is becoming more and more controlled, treble is becoming recessed. Maybe my unit is somewhat defective?

I have the BK35.  Please don't give up on them.  Put them back on burn-in for at least another 60 hours.  The bass will continue to tame.  The mids will no longer be drowned by mid-bass.   

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #30,339 of 35,472
I need to follow up on my opinion on the Magaosi (HLSX) G29. While it sounded warm initially, but less so than my well burned VJJB K4, after 50+ hours it has become darker than the VJJB K4. Definitely lacks treble extension on its own now. However, using EQ to add treble makes me keep listening to it. But I don't think it should be rated above or equal to the K4, maybe just a bit below. At the same time, listening to a now banned IEM makes me realize that virtually all single dynamics need EQ for the general drop off above 8 KHz if nothing else.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #30,340 of 35,472
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/812026/review-a-review-reviewer#post_12676497

an interesting idea, muzo, if difficult to execute in practice--many people would like to know which reviewer is particularly well-informed, unbiased, etc. for me, the slippery slope is people who receive free "review copies" of products--it's inherently difficult to be wholly objective when you're given something from someone with whom you may have a cordial relationship. (the more flagrant example would be a website or magazine reviewer who reviews products of paid advertisers). in a sense, the "purest" models are something like consumer reports, which doesn't accept advertising and pays for the products it reviews, or consumer forums like this one, where by and large people pay for the stuff they post about.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #30,341 of 35,472
I would not worry about the whole TK13 vs T012 as long as they sound good. Some say ToneKing bc that is the series line from MusicMaker

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #30,342 of 35,472
Not to add to the confusion but I noticed that the second pair of Tomahawks that came my way had 'Toneking' printed on it. I got this item when I ordered the Tomahawk inear and returned it to seller. My other Tomahawk had Musicmaker print on it though it came in a Toneking case. Anyone know why some do have the Musicmaker brand and others Toneking?

I understood the TK in Musicmaker's labeling stood for tone king and I always assumed it was some sort of branding thing rather than something meaningful.

Edit: it would be cool if head fi would give clearance for a couple of trusted people who had all the IEMs in question to give sort of a summary review of what we know about MusicMaker, LZ and the unnamed D brand and their various products. It would be obvious from the context that this wouldn't be promoting sketchy dealers, products or reviews then it would exist as a concise reference point. Naturally, I have neither the IEMs (except the original D which I quite like) nor the experience to do the job I've suggested.

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #30,343 of 35,472
Not yet although I'm real close to pulling the trigger.  Exchange rate moved again with the Master 4 now at $116 in preorder status.  The Sabre was cheaper still when it was available for pre-order.
BTW another member whom I respect has the Techne and Sabre which he says is a step up. He also has owned the Delta v1 and v2.   He feels confident the Master 4 will be another step up.

I still see 87.20 GBP

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #30,344 of 35,472
Should I be the guinea pig for this one? 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DHL-free-shipping-Patriot-moonlight-Z6-Direct-Hard-Decode-DSD-HIFI-music-player-192KHz-24Bit-CS4398/314156_32680977780.html?spm=5261.2121725.2158686.13.OOh7w1&sdom=2874.274179.218162.0_32680977780&request_id=20160627082615329-0

No. Nevermind. It's no good. I found out on the Obscure Chinese DAPs thread. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back