Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #30,346 of 35,472
I did not know how to buy a trinity. and then I searched the information in detail.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760277/introducing-trinity-audio-engineering/900#post_11760817 

It was hard to fine it because of like a needle in haystack.  It is fascinate one from the point of finance as well as the first push-pull hybrid in the world. 
However I have not decided to buy. ^^;

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #30,347 of 35,472
Order placed for the Master 4. 

A hint to folks about ordering.  If you go with Paypal and use a credit card be sure to opt to allow your credit card company to do the currency conversion rather than Paypal as the later r-e-a-l-l-y socks it to you.   (Some interesting reading: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/PayPal-exchange-rates-are-poor/td-p/758943/page/3?profile.language=en-gb ).    Bob also has a straight credit card payment option for those that prefer.

As an aside, what with all the turmoil on the Chinese front, I simply opted to avoid them all and went with a known entity in Trinity who is also a sponsor here.   Sure there are undoubtedly some gems to be had in the former market but the attraction for me has quickly evaporated.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #30,348 of 35,472
I still see 87.20 GBP

On the wholesale exchange it's now $114.98.  Keep in mind that's NOT what you'll pay given the currency conversion fees.  See my previous post.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #30,349 of 35,472
  I regret to say that HLSX BK35 is so far my worst purchase (at 40hrs burn-in). I actually find Joyroom E107 and Rock Zircon way better. Contrary to others' impressions, what I find bad about it is the mids cause it sounds unnatural and sometimes drowned by mid-bass. Even though sub-bass is becoming more and more controlled, treble is becoming recessed. Maybe my unit is somewhat defective?

+1  I tried to like the BK35.
frown.gif
 Really, I did! .....more this week!
  Same here, HLSX(Magaosi) 808 is still my favorite within ~35$ price bracket, especially with modified configuration. 

While still very interested about upcoming review of BK50 from 1clearhead, I`m also interested in trying Remax600M to use their BA`s for modification.

1clearhead - WHERE IS YOUR REVIEW ON BK50 ?!?! -.-

My review is almost done......by Wednesday or Thursday the latest! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #30,350 of 35,472
BIG RECALL going on for the KZ-ZS3!

KZ just refunded my money back from taobao on my KZ-ZS3 order! They are not taking any orders on the ZS3 until later next month.
---> It looks like there's going to be some repercussions at the KZ company for all the bad batches made!
deadhorse.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #30,351 of 35,472
I'm sure the Trinity Master 4 and 6 are going to be excellent, but it's also seemingly getting caught up with hype before release and final impressions start coming in. It could be well warranted, but I have to take a wait and see approach for my wallet's sake.

I can't just jump on them yet despite the pre-order pricing, but they are absolutely something I look forward to, and Trinity service seems to be very good.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #30,352 of 35,472
I'm sure the Trinity Master 4 and 6 are going to be excellent, but it's also seemingly getting caught up with hype before release and final impressions start coming in. It could be well warranted, but I have to take a wait and see approach for my wallet's sake.

I can't just jump on them yet despite the pre-order pricing, but they are absolutely something I look forward to, and Trinity service seems to be very good.
for the price, it seems a bargain :x

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #30,354 of 35,472
It does, but I'm a bit gun shy right now on jumping in on anything. I'd probably want to hear them first.

I was hopping some comparison of it with humm, well, you know, but now i will ever read how do they fare against each other.
frown.gif

That's sooo sad to us with very veeery tight budget that can't afford buying both and can't live with a shot in the dark
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #30,356 of 35,472

for the price, it seems a bargain :x

It does, but I'm a bit gun shy right now on jumping in on anything. I'd probably want to hear them first.

Normally I'd fully agree.  But in the case of Trinity I have confidence in them given what they've brought to market in the past.  Add to that the preorder pricing, Head-Fi member discount, and crazy Brexit related currency conversion rates and.... 
Most all other manufactuers I'd pass until sufficient valid trustworthy reviews were out.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #30,357 of 35,472
  That's why I use the classifieds so often and am able to try new things so much!

I live outside the USA/Europe so anything here is a flat $25 for shipping to anyone outside + imports fee i have to pay. So to recoup the money i spend i have to sell a $130 --> $180 (after taxes) IEM in a market where you are crazy owning any IEM above $15 that's not beats and JBL
frown.gif
. Damn those fashion accessories!!!

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #30,358 of 35,472
Hello everyone, just join here but have been reading the forum for a while. I currently have Pinnacle P1, oneplus Icon and Narmoo S1, thinking of anything better but not too bassy. I am still learning how to determine good iems, I prefer in ear more than my over ear, DT990, Fostex MK3, they kind of give me neck pain.

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #30,360 of 35,472
First impressions on the LZ A2S:

After a couple of days with these I'm ready to post some first impressions. Please take this for what it is, namely first impressions. Full review will come in a couple of weeks.

Build: The build quality of the A2S is very good. The original A2 had some quirks (namely cheap feeling cable, straight plug and driver flex when inserted) and I'm glad to see that they all have been taken care of. The new cable is very flexible without being prone to tangle, the 45 degree plug is very nice and I having experienced any driver flex whatsoever so far.

Fit & Comfort : The original A2 was pretty comfortable but the A2S is even more so. The housing are still made of metal (aluminum?) but the nozzle is now quite a bit longer and the housing are rounded. This combined makes it considerable easier to insert them properly and get a good fit.

Sound: The original A2 had a couple of noticeable flaws to my ears. If we begin with the bass I found it to be a bit loose in the lowest regions and a bit to boom in the higher bass. The bass is definitely of better quality on the A2S while quantity is very similar. The midrange on the original A2 felt a bit sucked out and artificial to me. On the A2S it's fuller and much more natural sounding. Both male and female vocals are very nice sounding on them. The midrange on the A2S is much more in line with the bass than what was the case on the A2. The treble on the original A2 rolled of a bit early and tbh I find that to be the case on the A2S as well. The character however is much fuller and better articulated on the A2S making it a more pleasant experience. Despite being fuller sounding the A2S still keep the airy and and we'll separated sound from the original.

Despite reducing the number of BA's from two to one the sound of the A2S in total is much more coherent and enjoyable to my ears. I really feel that the A2S is a upgrade in every single department (build, comfort and sound) from the original A2. Not only is it better, it's also $35 cheaper so LZ is most definitely on the right track here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back