Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #27,166 of 35,472
  Great! I also like how it sounds with my WOM-mod. 808 seems much-promising ;P

Anyone has such real picture in blue color?

I think if 808 will not suit me, then will jump on these (but probably blue ones) or TFZ Series-1 (waiting more impressions on them).

I think Twin has the blue ones. If you like a warm, non-fatiguing sound they should work well for you, however they do have quite a lot of bass so if you're a neutral kind of person stay away from them.

May 9, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #27,167 of 35,472

An audiophile can be a KZ enthusiast, but not all KZ enthusiasts are audiophiles.

What I like so much about KZ is that someone new to the hobby can spend 20 bucks on a few different, completely competent (some better than competent) earphones that offer up unique signatures, say....EDR2, ED8, and ZN1 Mini. They can use their experiences with these earphones to decide what they like; big bass, balanced, treble heavy, etc. and then move up to better and more expensive products that match their preferred signature. I've got a ton of earphones that are way better than anything KZ makes, but I still enjoy their products and without them I would have spent a heck of a lot more than I have finding signatures I enjoy. More keep being added to my collection because it has become just that, a KZ collection. I collect them like someone collects National Geographic magazines (they still make those right?) or baseball cards 
biggrin.gif

What I'm getting at is that KZ earphones aren't the best, definitely not, but they are a cost effective way to get into the hobby and use as a launching point to something bigger and better. I can't think of a single company off-hand that brings the same level of variety and consistency to the earphone market at ~10 USD or less per earphone. An audiophile can completely be a KZ enthusiast.

My first buy was the KZ ED9, followed by the EDR2. Since then my wallet has been bleeding profusely but I'm having a lot of fun.

May 9, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #27,168 of 35,472
  AH, you too have the KZ Hds1, interesting, how do you find the sound?

I have own the Yamaha EPH-100 too, and after looking the construction of Hdsi I find that the driver of it is in front comparatively to the EPH-100 wich is hide in the metal nozzle. The Hds1 sound bright, fowards and congested to me, not impress at all. Good look nothing else and the construction is fragile so when you change eartips have this in head because one of my 2 pair broke in 2 half when I try to change it.

The question is more: Did the sound improve with burn in?

beerchug.gif
you are not alone. even after burn in, it is still not impressive.

May 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #27,169 of 35,472
well there is actually 1 kz iem that I think is above the pack
wink.gif

May 9, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #27,172 of 35,472

Let me guess - either ED9 or EDSE?

nope guess again
tongue_smile.gif

No idea tbh - is it one of the KZ in-ears I have got?

Knowledge Zenith models I've got:
Knowledge Zenith ATE (black smoke)
Knowledge Zenith HDS1
Knowledge Zenith ED3c
Knowledge Zenith EDSE
Knowledge Zenith ZN1
Knowledge Zenith ZS1
Knowledge Zenith ED9
Knowledge Zenith ED10

May 9, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #27,173 of 35,472

I think if 808 will not suit me, then will jump on these (but probably blue ones) or TFZ Series-1 (waiting more impressions on them).

I think Twin has the blue ones. If you like a warm, non-fatiguing sound they should work well for you, however they do have quite a lot of bass so if you're a neutral kind of person stay away from them.

Well... I do like slightly warm signature with overall slight W-shape (note- I`m very sensitive to peak around 6kHz). Recessed mids are certainly no-no for me, they can be neutral but anything less is not for my ears. I do not like overly elevated bass (especially mid-bass oriented/boosted), slightly elevated bass is ok as long as they don`t bleed into mids. Maybe it`s hard to find such IEM for little money but I keep trying to catch better ones
wink.gif

May 9, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #27,174 of 35,472

Shiny paint doesn't like flash.

May 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #27,180 of 35,472
So you got an X1 instead.. how was it? my Xduoo X3 now a lost cause awaiting AE to refund, im thinking of just getting an X1 to pair with my Q1 amp, hopefully its size is compatible.. the M3 is great for its prize and super portable as its damn small, but i now pair it with my equally small Hippo Tile amp..
Got an incoming MusicMaker Ting too.. cant wait. 

Like Zest says, really powerful Line Out. You just have to find the output in settings and change from HP to Line Out. Mine came loaded with FW 1.6 so search is there. There is beta 1.61 out though. Compared to my iPod Touch 4th Gen it's the same weight, smaller size. The soundstage MAY have lost a hair of width but gained a bit of height and depth. Clarity and resolution is has improved quite a bit. This is of course with the E12 providing the amping. Out of the HP jack it's meh honestly

I changed to the Fiio replacement cable and hear slightly better treble extension and better micro details. Without the annoying memory wire of the original cable. 

Link to cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back