Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #27,137 of 35,472
They certainly sound like a great earphone, and I haven't heard a single negative thing about them. Recessed mids aren't an issue IMO if they're done well and aren't pulled back so far that they're completely overshadowed (like on the Sony XB50 for example).

There have slightly recessed mids imho, not a warm sound at at but I really appreciate the presentation. Just works really well I've been A/B thee against the Monk plus each has their strengths though I currently still prefer the Joyroom

May 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #27,140 of 35,472
As good as joyroom e107 are (for the price) they have a glaring hole which is microphonics.
Clip does not help and the stiffnes of the cable make them unable to wear over the ear.
As always YMMV.

May 9, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #27,141 of 35,472
  As good as joyroom e107 are (for the price) they have a glaring hole which is microphonics.
Clip does not help and the stiffnes of the cable make them unable to wear over the ear.
As always YMMV.

Oh? Well, that's a killer for me. I detest terrible microphonics. The Klipsche S3 is the biggest offender I've run across. They sounded horrible as well so no saving grace with those horrible iems, haha.

May 9, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #27,142 of 35,472

Oh? Well, that's a killer for me. I detest terrible microphonics. The Klipsche S3 is the biggest offender I've run across. They sounded horrible as well so no saving grace with those horrible iems, haha.

You should get them, the E107 is one the best iem in this price range, tiny, light, extremely comfortable.
Balanced with a little bit too much bass ( easily EQed ) and a treble peak fairly high and not really disturbing.
Get it and give it if you don't like the cable, you'll make someone happy.

May 9, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #27,143 of 35,472
They certainly sound like a great earphone, and I haven't heard a single negative thing about them. Recessed mids aren't an issue IMO if they're done well and aren't pulled back so far that they're completely overshadowed (like on the Sony XB50 for example).

There have slightly recessed mids imho, not a warm sound at at but I really appreciate the presentation. Just works really well I've been A/B thee against the Monk plus each has their strengths though I currently still prefer the Joyroom

As always YMMV.

Quote:
  Balanced with a little bit too much bass ( easily EQed ) and a treble peak fairly high and not really disturbing.

I quess I have to dismiss E107 from my list also 
rolleyes.gif
 They are probably good for price but... HLSX808 is probably different level anyway, so, no point to get them.

May 9, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #27,144 of 35,472
Well my my 808 are on the way so I'll give my opinion in a week or two. I hope they're better, bloody well should be at 4x the price :)

However as a cheap headphone they're easily in the same league as the monks if not a little better. My fave headphones to date. Significantly better than any of the KZ I've tried.

May 9, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #27,145 of 35,472
Well my my 808 are on the way so I'll give my opinion in a week or two. I hope they're better, bloody well should be at 4x the price
smily_headphones1.gif

However as a cheap headphone they're easily in the same league as the monks if not a little better. My fave headphones to date. Significantly better than any of the KZ I've tried.

Yeah thought I'd get my 808 today but Thailand Post didn't move fast enough so have to wait until tomorrow grr!

May 9, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #27,146 of 35,472
  I quess I have to dismiss E107 from my list also 
rolleyes.gif
 They are probably good for price but... HLSX808 is probably different level anyway, so, no point to get them.

They are very good for the price and -2/-3dB bass in Rockbox is all you need to do, no need trying to find the right EQ point.
It looks like a micro driver best buy in this thread and it is well deserved.

May 9, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #27,148 of 35,472
I never use EQ, never. Personal preference of course 
wink.gif

May 9, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #27,150 of 35,472
I've just received both Easy UEs and M2.

-Easy UEs: Too much bass ( as usual ) but here it is not really serious, many may enjoy it ( I had to apply a -2dB anyway ). Sound is balanced, a little treble peak ( maybe a twin peaks ) but small enough to be a non issue at the moment. My real complaint is not about the sound but the cable, I understand why they put a memory wire, it is stiff ( good luck putting the iem and its cable in the nice little case ). Providing such a cable in order ( maybe ) to make a sale on a replacement, come on....

-Easy M2: I'd like to say that both pairs of nozzles are useless but sadly you need them. With the black ones bass is gone and with the silver it is overly exaggerated, I understand the need to differenciate sonically both nozzles, but here it's ridiculous.
I choosed the silver in order to use a substractive EQ and had to go as low as -8dB!
The result is really good, balanced sound, good soundstage, details, .... The driver used is clearly capable, now the question is: am I listening to the Sendiy M2 or an updated/downgraded one?
Anyway, to my ears it is worth its $30 but EQ is mandatory.

These are my OOTB quick impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back