Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #27,152 of 35,472
These are just OOTB impressions and many good impressions from known members.
Let me ask You - why do You even consider those chinese IEMs if A&D D2 is so awesome budget IEM to You and You have tried so many high-end "reference" IEMs ? 

May 9, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #27,154 of 35,472
...good luck with that. Especially if You just drop out IEMs so easily based on someones OOTB quick subjective opinion with their gear, music taste, hearing, preferences etc. 
Wouldn`t call that audiophile
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #27,155 of 35,472
  ...good luck with that. Especially if You just drop out IEMs so easily based on someones OOTB quick subjective opinion with their gear, music taste, hearing, preferences etc. 
Wouldn`t call that audiophile
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #27,156 of 35,472
Originally Posted by audio123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wouldnt call a kz enthusiast an audiophile.
tongue_smile.gif

I was trying to make a point to You not get personal 
rolleyes.gif

And I don`t consider myself an audiophile nor KZ enthusiast (I just like to modify cheap things and make them better, it`s hobby).
I will never have that kind of money to call myself an audiophile. Good for You if You have. Still, making such judgement over earlier mentioned impressions is very superficial imho.

May 9, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #27,157 of 35,472
I quess I have to dismiss E107 from my list also :rolleyes:  They are probably good for price but... HLSX808 is probably different level anyway, so, no point to get them.

I have both Joyroom E107 and HLSX 808. As you said, it is true that the 808 is different level. E107 is the best among my microdrivers (kz hds1, remax 565i and E107). In particular, E107 is the best for litening orchestra around $10. However, Sound of the 808 is in the superior league.

May 9, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #27,158 of 35,472

well the dude has the cans that I like so I know where he comes from.
tongue_smile.gif

An audiophile can be a KZ enthusiast, but not all KZ enthusiasts are audiophiles.

What I like so much about KZ is that someone new to the hobby can spend 20 bucks on a few different, completely competent (some better than competent) earphones that offer up unique signatures, say....EDR2, ED8, and ZN1 Mini. They can use their experiences with these earphones to decide what they like; big bass, balanced, treble heavy, etc. and then move up to better and more expensive products that match their preferred signature. I've got a ton of earphones that are way better than anything KZ makes, but I still enjoy their products and without them I would have spent a heck of a lot more than I have finding signatures I enjoy. More keep being added to my collection because it has become just that, a KZ collection. I collect them like someone collects National Geographic magazines (they still make those right?) or baseball cards 
biggrin.gif

What I'm getting at is that KZ earphones aren't the best, definitely not, but they are a cost effective way to get into the hobby and use as a launching point to something bigger and better. I can't think of a single company off-hand that brings the same level of variety and consistency to the earphone market at ~10 USD or less per earphone. An audiophile can completely be a KZ enthusiast.

May 9, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #27,159 of 35,472
  Sound of the 808 is the superior league.

That`s good to hear. So far my best el-cheapo IEMs are modified Yinjw "IE800" wooden 2014 version and KZ ATE 2nd gen translucent black with port holes non-S version which is also heavily modified. I really hope 808 will bring new level SQ to my ears. Can`t wait them to arrive! ;P

May 9, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #27,160 of 35,472

well the dude has the cans that I like so I know where he comes from.
tongue_smile.gif

An audiophile can be a KZ enthusiast, but not all KZ enthusiasts are audiophiles.

What I like so much about KZ is that someone new to the hobby can spend 20 bucks on a few different, completely competent (some better than competent) earphones that offer up unique signatures, say....EDR2, ED8, and ZN1 Mini. They can use their experiences with these earphones to decide what they like; big bass, balanced, treble heavy, etc. and then move up to better and more expensive products that match their preferred signature. I've got a ton of earphones that are way better than anything KZ makes, but I still enjoy their products and without them I would have spent a heck of a lot more than I have finding signatures I enjoy. More keep being added to my collection because it has become just that, a KZ collection. I collect them like someone collects National Geographic magazines (they still make those right?) or baseball cards 
biggrin.gif

What I'm getting at is that KZ earphones aren't the best, definitely not, but they are a cost effective way to get into the hobby and use as a launching point to something bigger and better. I can't think of a single company off-hand that brings the same level of variety and consistency to the earphone market at ~10 USD or less per earphone. An audiophile can completely be a KZ enthusiast.

+1

May 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #27,161 of 35,472
I think HLSX 808 is good at like the below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I

May 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #27,162 of 35,472
AH, you too have the KZ Hds1, interesting, how do you find the sound?

I have own the Yamaha EPH-100 too, and after looking the construction of Hdsi I find that the driver of it is in front comparatively to the EPH-100 wich is hide in the metal nozzle. The Hds1 sound bright, fowards and congested to me, not impress at all. Good look nothing else and the construction is fragile so when you change eartips have this in head because one of my 2 pair broke in 2 half when I try to change it.

The question is more: Did the sound improve with burn in?

May 9, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #27,163 of 35,472
  I've just received both Easy UEs and M2.

-Easy UEs: Too much bass ( as usual ) but here it is not really serious, many may enjoy it ( I had to apply a -2dB anyway ). Sound is balanced, a little treble peak ( maybe a twin peaks ) but small enough to be a non issue at the moment. My real complaint is not about the sound but the cable, I understand why they put a memory wire, it is stiff ( good luck putting the iem and its cable in the nice little case ). Providing such a cable in order ( maybe ) to make a sale on a replacement, come on....

-Easy M2: I'd like to say that both pairs of nozzles are useless but sadly you need them. With the black ones bass is gone and with the silver it is overly exaggerated, I understand the need to differenciate sonically both nozzles, but here it's ridiculous.
I choosed the silver in order to use a substractive EQ and had to go as low as -8dB!
The result is really good, balanced sound, good soundstage, details, .... The driver used is clearly capable, now the question is: am I listening to the Sendiy M2 or an updated/downgraded one?
Anyway, to my ears it is worth its $30 but EQ is mandatory.

These are my OOTB quick impressions.

I really like the cable on the UEs. 
wink.gif
 The memory wire is very stiff so I never have to readjust the shape. The stiffness of the wire makes is very resistant to tangling and as a bonus I can coil it up and fold it over itself for easy storage without velcro / cable tie. I usually keep them in my iem box without a box of their own for easy access.

I can also put it in the provided case ezpz. Not trying to be difficult, just saying. 
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #27,164 of 35,472
May 9, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #27,165 of 35,472

biggrin.gif

agree with you to the extent they don't say kz iems are the best!
well the qc is poor you can't deny that
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back