Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #92 of 164
Definitely the guys at head-fi spent time creating this quality guide for us, thanks!!

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #93 of 164
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide?
wink.gif

Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #95 of 164
Quote:
...Wondering why Denon was banned?

Quote:
Denon's D2000, D5000, and D7000 headphones have been discontinued, and their new lineup hasn't been released yet.

I really like my Denon AH-D7000, but, as Extra pointed out, I didn't see much point including it, given its status.

Also, my experience with the new (upcoming) line is still pretty limited. That said, a pre-production sample of the AH-D7100 Artisan just arrived, which I'm looking forward to spending some time with this week.

Quote:
if a newbie were to read the guide... im 100% sure that they wont understand a thing due to too many technical terms.

Quote:
yep.. but it is still a "guide", a guide for everyone. newbies, pros, and people in between. if the guide says "newbies dont read this" then... =D

While I didn't write the guide for the purpose of confounding newbies, I definitely didn't write it for newbies either. Following is the guide's introduction:

From Guide's introduction:
After we published the first Head-Fi Gift Guide, some people asked me if I could make future gift guides more accessible, particularly for non-Head-Fi'ers who might happen upon it. And while I may think of ways to do that in future updates, the Head-Fi Gift Guide is mostly intended for the more diehard Head-Fi'ers--the ones who probably won't need to look up the definition of "IEM," "24/192," "DAC," "FLAC," "XLR," or "opamp." Of course, I'd be thrilled if non-Head-Fi'ers also find the guide interesting, but at its core, this gift guide is for us, the denizens of the Head-Fi community--the hardcore headphone audio enthusiasts...

Quote:
I hope someone else noticed that the picture next to the Sony MDR-V6 is actually the MDR-V600.

That photo does sort of look like the MDR-V600, but it is the MDR-V6. I had to do a double-take myself.

Quote:
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide? 
wink.gif

Well, I am a huge F1 fan. And maybe it was an homage to the Grado HF2. 
wink.gif

Quote:
...Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read...

Thanks for the feedback. We will take all of this feedback into consideration as we put together the next one.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #96 of 164
Number of reviews for Skullcandy: 2 AKG: 0
I feel the AKG K550 really deserves a place there, as it's one of the best sounding, noise isolating, full sized cans in its price range.

Nice buying guide. Gave a nice insight into a few of the top picks in every category.

The page issue can be avoided by reading page by page which is what I did.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #98 of 164
Thanks, appreciate the effort, good read!

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #102 of 164
Awesome guide.. im loving my purchase of the Sennheiser MM 450's after the first guide... ! =D =D 

What would the community recommend as a good companion in the gym / long runs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back