Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Jul 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #77 of 164
I hope someone else noticed that the picture next to the Sony MDR-V6 is actually the MDR-V600.

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #78 of 164
Looks pretty good to me. I read the whole thing in my Firefox browser and it worked fine - I scroll with the mouse wheel, but I I did use the grabby hands just to make sure they worked too.

The formatting mostly seems quite easy to follow; there were a few places where it wasn't quite as easy (mostly I found it very easy to follow in the actual product review areas, less so outside of them). I have a large monitor, so I can't comment on people saying it's hard to read without one. I didn't have any trouble reading the fonts, either.

On the whole - pretty, looks professionally done. I was happy to see my latest headphones acquisition (MMX 300) featured, and I saw one or two products I didn't know much about that I'm now tempted by. That's to be expected, however.

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #81 of 164
if a newbie were to read the guide... im 100% sure that they wont understand a thing due to too many technical terms.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #82 of 164
Thank you so much for this! After the loss of my beloved ATH-M50 headphones I have been crying myself to sleep at night due to the lack of fidelity and quality of my crappy in-ear headphones. Although I will have to wait longer for dolla dolla bills, I thank you from the bottom of my heart that I have been able to narrow down my choices for a replacement.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #83 of 164
Quote:
if a newbie were to read the guide... im 100% sure that they wont understand a thing due to too many technical terms.

I feel like people new to headphones will typically purchase something under 150$ as their first buy. That's where I started out and where many others have as well. Following the guide won't lead you to making a terrible decision at that price point...everything is bound to be enjoyable.
etysmile.gif

Once a purchase is made, a reference is had. From then it's game on...and wallet gone.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #84 of 164
Loved the guide. Excellent job.

Wondering why Denon was banned?

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #86 of 164
Quote:
Denon's D2000, D5000, and D7000 headphones have been discontinued, and their new lineup hasn't been released yet.

Thanks. I didn't know that. 

Makes perfect sense. I appreciate the explanation.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #87 of 164
Quote:

I feel like people new to headphones will typically purchase something under 150$ as their first buy. That's where I started out and where many others have as well. Following the guide won't lead you to making a terrible decision at that price point...everything is bound to be enjoyable.
etysmile.gif

Once a purchase is made, a reference is had. From then it's game on...and wallet gone.

yep.. but it is still a "guide", a guide for everyone. newbies, pros, and people in between. if the guide says "newbies dont read this" then... =D

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #90 of 164
Very helpful for those looking at buying headphones, etc. Thanks.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back