Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Aug 15, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #136 of 164
Just read it and very enjoyed. Great write-up and illustration. I also very like the design and layout.
Worthful stuff, thanks Head-Fi. Looking forward for next one, if it's planned. :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #138 of 164
Very impressive effort! Thanks to all involved. 

I have been trying to explain the benefits to colleagues of upgrading from the white ipod earbuds (for my sake as much as theirs) and this will be an invaluable guide!

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #141 of 164
Quote:
Could have put in some budget-fi. But still a good read. Thanks!

Quote:
I would say that Guide, like you said, is geared more towards people starting to get into the world of Hi-Fi Headphones.  In that respect, it was very good.  Though I agree with a few others, that throwing in a few budget gems would be a good idea.

Side note:  Please post some more your headphone video reviews.  I very much enjoy them.  Though I am sure you are very busy and it is hard to make time to make them.

thanks Jude for this guide! yeah budget section would be much appreciated. :)

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #143 of 164
The closed/semi closed circumaural section will really need to be expanded in the Holiday Guide.  I'm very much looking forward to the additions of:

V-Moda M-100
Yamaha Pro line
Sony MDR-1 line
PSB M4U1
Sennheiser Momentum
AKG Tiesto line
Ultrasone DJ

Did I miss any?

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #149 of 164
Quote:
If you happen to be in the Philadelphia area (assuming based on your username), Worldwide Stereo in Montgomeryville has a decent selection of headphones from this guide to audition.

Their store in Ardmore has a good selection as well including the full Grado line and a couple of mid line amps set up for demoing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back