BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion | Sunrise, Starlight & FitEar
Sep 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #91 of 203
Hey guys,

I wanted to get a cable for my asg 2,

I was researching different cables to see what differences it affects sound quality,

But after reading lots of different opinions of making/not making any differences,
I dont care much now for the sound quality as much as there is no loss.

I just want to protect the stock aside for resale if i thought of it, and i want to get something heavy duty and of good build quality.

For the best price and quality i tend towards btg cables.

I had some questions and send them to brian but no answer.

So for the sake of time, i would like to ask them here if anyone could help.

"I was thinking or ordering a btg cable for my aurisonics asg 2.

Which one should work ? Starlight or midnight ?

Also will the 2 pin plugons directly fit,

Or would i need to modify it to work, i dont know if they are the same as westones , but i have seen alot of people complaining about some cables, that they had to modify the plug to fit in the iems.

Can you give me more information ?"

Thanks,
Mohamed

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #92 of 203
Brian is apparently swamped in school, so his email response time was been a little slow in some cases. Regardless, his cable work is excellent.

The standard 2 pin connector configuration will work with Aurisonics iems. No modification is necessary.

The starlight cable is SPC or silver plated copper with a clear PE insulation, so it will look white/silver; and the midnight cable is regular OFC copper with black insulation, so you won't see the copper colored wire. Since you aren't choosing necessarily on sonics, choose whichever you think looks better.

Brian offers a nylon sleeving over the bottom half of the cable. While this arguably makes it more durable, I think it looks better and has even better flexibility without the sleeving. But again it is mostly an aesthetic choice IMO, so choose what you think looks better.

BTG cables are some of the best bang for buck cables out there.

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #94 of 203
I tend to prefer copper over silver but I've been very happy with his SPC as well. I've never used BTG cables with Aurisonics iems before but once used a Tralucent silver with gold cable on an asg-2. Based on that experience, I'd try the Starlight.

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #95 of 203
I tend to prefer copper over silver but I've been very happy with his SPC as well. I've never used BTG cables with Aurisonics iems before but once used a Tralucent silver with gold cable on an asg-2. Based on that experience, I'd try the Starlight.

Ok cool,

Just 2 more things,

Its my first replacable cable iem, i need a right angle, is it worth it the extra 30$ for oyaide,

I tried to read about it , people say the neutrik oxidize and the oyaide rhodium goes away and shows copper after sometime, they say oxidization is worse, so what is more durable as a plug ?

Also is there a production line ? Or is it a one man show ? Meaning if he is busy now, would he start making the cable after he is free or after the order ? What is the lead time for btg starlight cable ?

Sorry for too much questions but may be others would find it useful too :D

Thanks

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #96 of 203
Ok cool,

Just 2 more things,

Its my first replacable cable iem, i need a right angle, is it worth it the extra 30$ for oyaide,

I tried to read about it , people say the neutrik oxidize and the oyaide rhodium goes away and shows copper after sometime, they say oxidization is worse, so what is more durable as a plug ?

Also is there a production line ? Or is it a one man show ? Meaning if he is busy now, would he start making the cable after he is free or after the order ? What is the lead time for btg starlight cable ?

Sorry for too much questions but may be others would find it useful too
biggrin.gif

Thanks

I like the Oyaide RA better aesthetically.  The Oyaide will fit flush against your source, whereas the Neutrik will have some clearance, so consider that. I haven't had any oxidize or peal on me but I've read about those connectors doing that.  The Oyaide certainly seems more heavy duty.

Here is what his webstore says, "All cables are made to order. "In Stock" simply means that I have the parts, but the cable will still be built once the order is paid. Standard lead time applies."  I have no idea on current lead times.

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #97 of 203

I like the Oyaide RA better aesthetically.  The Oyaide will fit flush against your source, whereas the Neutrik will have some clearance, so consider that. I haven't had any oxidize or peal on me but I've read about those connectors doing that.  The Oyaide certainly seems more heavy duty.

Here is what his webstore says, "All cables are made to order. "In Stock" simply means that I have the parts, but the cable will still be built once the order is paid. Standard lead time applies."  I have no idea on current lead times.

Thanks for the info.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #99 of 203
I was speaking with Brian recently and he's had a few new developments I thought I'd share.

- First is his backlog, he's recently gotten it down and is pretty much caught up.  Turn around time is currently about 2 weeks.

- He will be offering Astell & Kern compatible 2.5mm balanced termination.  I believe he will be using the very nice Eidolic plugs that have become quite popular amongst several custom cable manufacturers: http://www.eidolic.com/Eidolic-Hifi-Audio-Headphone-Connectors-2-5.html

- He is now taking pre-orders for his Starlight CIEM cable with MMCX connectors. These MMCX connectors are overmolded for clean, sleeker and professional look. As far as I'm aware, no one else seems to over these overmolded.

Here is the preorder page: http://www.btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/Starlight-MMCX-cable-*PRE-ORDER*/p/46669337/category=12112619. Pricing appears to start as low as $102 with standard termination and unsleeved.  Personally I think the Starlight cable looks sexiest unsleeved.  For those that don't know, BTG now uses an ultra thin Y-split that replaces his bulkier version from earlier Starlight production. I have one of the newer 2 pin Starlights with Rhodium Oyaide RA, no sleeving and the ultra sleek Y-Splits and it is fantastic looking on my Legend R.  I'll have to get some pics up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back