BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion | Sunrise, Starlight & FitEar
Mar 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #61 of 203
I decided to change the title of this thread to the BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion thread.  I've posted links in the first post to the various Sunrise, Starlight and FitEar cable review/impressions I know of - doublea71, tomscy2000, Jupiterknight and cn11.  Please feel free to link more here and I'll add them.

I'll be posting my FitEar cable review soon at this blog: http://cymbacavum.wordpress.com

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #63 of 203
Is Brian on time with his cable build? His website says 2 weeks.
Or is he like toxic cable and take several months?

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #64 of 203
Quote:

I had my W3 modded and ordered the Sunrise ciem cable along with it and added a custom LOD the night before it all was to ship out. He went out of his way to contact me for the details on the LOD so he could get everything out to me the next morning. Took 2 weeks as promised. Great service, prices and quality of work cant be beat. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #65 of 203
Quote:
I had my W3 modded and ordered the Sunrise ciem cable along with it and added a custom LOD the night before it all was to ship out. He went out of his way to contact me for the details on the LOD so he could get everything out to me the next morning. Took 2 weeks as promised. Great service, prices and quality of work cant be beat. 

Thanks, that's all I needed to know before I place an order for a hifiman cable. I stayed away from toxic cable because they take forever to make a cable and their price is ridiculously high. I was afraid BTG was going to be the same. 
Thanks for your input.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #66 of 203
Has anyone gotten Brian to make a replacement cable for Ultrasone cans?  I'm likely going to purchase the Signature DJ, & need something no longer than 4 ft, and terminated w/ a 3.5mm right angle plug.  I THINK Ultrasone has an atypical connector on the hp side of the cable (or maybe I'm mistaken).  The stock cable w/ 3.5mm plug has an inline mic/remote, which I do not want...

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #67 of 203
Quote:
Thanks, that's all I needed to know before I place an order for a hifiman cable. I stayed away from toxic cable because they take forever to make a cable and their price is ridiculously high. I was afraid BTG was going to be the same. 
Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Has anyone gotten Brian to make a replacement cable for Ultrasone cans?  I'm likely going to purchase the Signature DJ, & need something no longer than 4 ft, and terminated w/ a 3.5mm right angle plug.  I THINK Ultrasone has an atypical connector on the hp side of the cable (or maybe I'm mistaken).  The stock cable w/ 3.5mm plug has an inline mic/remote, which I do not want...

Best to email him personally and he can give you the details as well as his current turn around time.  

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #68 of 203
Quote:

he is on time. for me i had him modify my se530 for the removeable. i overnighted him my iems becuase i couldnt stand waiting. from start to finish 2 weeks. he is a super easy guy to deal with. makes sure everything is straight and to your liking. i cant say enough good things about him.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #69 of 203
Quote:
I decided to change the title of this thread to the BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion thread.  I've posted links in the first post to the various Sunrise, Starlight and FitEar cable review/impressions I know of - doublea71, tomscy2000, Jupiterknight and cn11.  Please feel free to link more here and I'll add them.

I'll be posting my FitEar cable review soon at this blog: http://cymbacavum.wordpress.com

I actually just got my FitEar Starlight cable finished; it took me a while to procure the Furutech FT-735R plug...

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #70 of 203
My review of the Starlight FitEar cable is up at Cymbacavum:
http://cymbacavum.com/2013/04/07/btg-audio-fitear-starlight-cable/

Here is a short quote:

BTG-Audio has created two successful and affordable lines of CIEM cables: the Sunriseand Starlight cables. After reviewing a sample of the Sunrise cable, I approached Brian about creating a FitEar cable for my TO GO! 334. After some short back and forth on potential pin connector solutions, Brian sent me a sample pin connector to test. To my excitement, the connector was a perfect fit — and with that news, the FitEar cable was officially under development.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #72 of 203
I'm really thinking of trying the Starlight.  Finally...a cable-maker who who doesn't charge what I consider to be totally insane prices.  Can anyone tell me:  is the connector for my Earsonics SM64 the same as the ones Westone uses (& thus compatible w/ the Starlight)?

I know this question was asked 2 months ago. The answer is yes. The connector is the same (as someone else answered), but the polarity of the pins is opposite with EarSonics IEM's. So when connecting a headphone cable, the red dot and blue dot must be facing the inside as opposed to the outside. Easy to do with a BTG Cable. With some of those aftermarket cables with hand-rolled connectors, you can't switch around the pin-out. I just ordered a Starlight Cable for my SM3v2.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #73 of 203
I just got a BTG Starlight for my Stage 4, retiring my ALO SXC24.

Sonically I think they are on the same level, maybe because both are SPC, but the BTG are miles ahead in terms of practical use on the go. The ALO is just way too stiff and springy.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #74 of 203
I think the starlight is a step up, the alo sxc is annealed and I dont feel like its all that great....I think you made a good decision on upgrading to the starlight.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #75 of 203
Hi all, will the Starlight cable fit the Heir 4.ai?
My stock cable is dying day by day.. And I have to seek for a replacement now.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back