Beats Pro Review!l
Feb 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #61 of 171

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Marketing victims.
So,I just was in NY city for the last couple weeks and saw people EVERYWHERE wearing these Beats "Pro"s.Saw no Grado's,a few lower end Senn's and some other stuff.The Beats were overwhelmingly present.There were also many arrogant smiles glancing back at me when I checked-out their headphones.Sort of like "don't you wish you were wearing these?Then you might be nearly as cool as I am"

The same exact thing happens to me! I always want to show people that Beats are just an advertisement scheme a la Monster Cables or Bose, and there are better options in the market, but I don't have any good headphones to show people, only my cheap HD 238s I'm keeping until I can afford better options. But now whenever I pass a Beats by Dre owner, I ignore their headphones as they try desperately to get attention by flashing their Beats until they just give up and blast music at 100% volume level around their neck and bop their head crazily to show off. LOL!

don't know the 238's, they're a fantastic portable option

They are, and for $52 on Amazon they are a real Bargain, Considered by many as PX-100 on  steroids. Sold mine to get my SR225i, Is not like I miss them :wink: 

They are quite the nice portable option, 'specially after some modding.

I wasn't trying to say they are bad per se, but I'm trying to say that the pretentious Beats crowd will look down upon you with any headphones sub $100. This motivates me to become a millionaire to buy Stax! But until then I am just a lowly high school student

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #62 of 171

I'm surprised people are out walking around the the Beats Pros. Not that the aren't good headphones, but that they're kinda heavy on the head. I can see wearing the Studios all day, but not the Pros if only for the comfort level.

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #64 of 171
Hello
So you've had them for some time now. You still think the same about them?
I'm thinking about buying them myself. Many say the soundquality is good,but that they are really nor very comfortable.
Honestly what do you say now after using them for some time?

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #65 of 171
Dont u get it ? People who buy beats dont care much about SQ  and all that AP stuff... They care only about style and look... :) And they dont care what u think about them as long as they look flashy :)

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #66 of 171
this was your first post? To bring back "this" thread? 

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #67 of 171
J&R used to be known for the "wall of shame..." tons of awesome headphones tied to a wall with terrible classical music being split to all of them simultaneously. Now, they have an amazing counter with nearly every major headphone to speak of in its own little padded drawer, ready for your audition. It can be a little noisy in there at times, so closed phones fare better than open. Still though, it's one of my favorite places to browse in NYC; I tried the W1000X twice there before I decided to plunk down my cash for it. 

Quote:
Well there's your problem! You went to the Apple store! You should have gone to one of the many headphone stores! I'm not sure if Turntable Labs has demos set up... but B&H has plenty of demos, AC Gears has plenty of demos, Dijital Fix has some demos... And I'm also not sure if J&R has any demo's I haven't been to the main store in some time. You can goto an Apple store anywhere, the other stores are local to only NY... Its like a Head-fier going to Portland and not hitting up 32 Ohm Audio! It just shouldn't happen!

@jaakked: how many were native NYers and how many were tourists? In general, in NY you see more iBuds than anything... Followed by assorted in ears... Followed by Beats Solos... Really it makes sense when you think about it... Would YOU want to wear Grado's on a noisy subway? I know I don't, which is why I have not bought any Grado yet. I am saving up for a good pair of open headphones, and Grado is on my list of possibilities. However, closed and in ear are most popular in NYC, due to noise pollution. 

May 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #70 of 171

Quote:
I feel bad because he could get exponentially better for his money. If this is his conclusion having tried more then good for him.

You just got to love the droves of brainwashed headfiers doing the group think/group bash schtick, auto-hating on headphones just because they're the "in-thing" to hate in the community you live in.

People like the TC have to apologize for buying something they love and enjoy precisely because of this mob hatred mentality. I wish people would lay off on ostracizing these brands already. What bothers me is a lot of them bash on these brands without even having tried the model in question or compared them extensively with other "audiophile-approved" models.

May 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #71 of 171

Quote:

I wasn't trying to say they are bad per se, but I'm trying to say that the pretentious Beats crowd will look down upon you with any headphones sub $100. This motivates me to become a millionaire to buy Stax! But until then I am just a lowly high school student

You mean the same way the pretentious Audiophile crowd will look down on anyone for owning any Beats, Bose or Skullcandy headphone?

May 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #72 of 171

Quote:

You just got to love the droves of brainwashed headfiers doing the group think/group bash schtick, auto-hating on headphones just because they're the "in-thing" to hate in the community you live in.

People like the TC have to apologize for buying something they love and enjoy precisely because of this mob hatred mentality. I wish people would lay off on ostracizing these brands already. What bothers me is a lot of them bash on these brands without even having tried the model in question or compared them extensively with other "audiophile-approved" models.

i agree with you. i tried the beats and they really are not that bad.

May 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #74 of 171
Well it's the price/performance ratio which is the issue, if they priced them appropriately without exploiting the marketing to the fulliest, say Beats @ $100 and Pros at $150 people wouldn't complain as much. It's hard to like some company doing business like Monster does. The companies which try to sell products for as agressive price as possible and let the products speak for themselves which gains popularity that way as people start recommending them are what people that doesn't buy the marketing crap likes.

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #75 of 171
I came across this thread and even though it's a little old I thought my honest opinion on the Beats Pro may benefit some people that have posted in here asking about them.

Now half of you will probably look negatively upon the Beats Pro even before trying them simply because they are part of the beats by dre franchise. All I can say is, these are certainly an exception! The Beats Studio aren't too bad, the bass can really effect the mids on them so anything other than your typical Hip-Hop/R&B/Dance and the Beats Studio will struggle, they really don't handle anything else well. But the Beats Pro are on a different level, you can listen to practically any genre and they will maintain great sound across the spectrum. The vocals are crystal clear and the soundstage is magnificent, I've heard even the fussiest of audiophiles admit that the instrument separation on these is great. You can really tell that Monster wanted to push these to the more reference side of things so they are a lot more neutral than the Studios. The bass is also pretty mind-blowing when you want it to be but with a good EQ you can easily tone it down to reap the benefits of an even more neutral sound.

Do I honestly think they are worth the price tag? I think so. I'm not going to lie, for the same price you could probably get a little better in terms of sound quality, not that much more as these are much better value for money than any of the other Beats headphones. But are you going to get a set of cans that look as good as these or are built as well? I'm not too confident. It's amazing how they went from such cheaply made, cheap looking and highly un-durable headphones to these which truly are a masterpiece. They actually look and feel more like professional headphones and not a fashion accessory, but more importantly; they sound like a professional set of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back