Beats Pro Review!l
Feb 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #16 of 171
I have one piece of advice...never, ever try another pair of headphones. Take your Beats and run for the hills. If you do try something else (by that I mean something that would actually be recommended here) you will feel stupid for ever considering Beats and realize you just wasted a bunch of money. Just live in ignorant bliss and go on with yourself.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #18 of 171
Sad Story, even more being in New York, Grado Land.

The Bright side is we all learn from our mistakes.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #19 of 171

Quote:
Not extensively. I listened to to a bunch in the apple store in new york with my ipod when I was there during the summer. I've also listened to some Seinheisers and sony's and didn't care for em. I listened to Bose but I didn't care for them either right from the beginning. 

this made me chuckle.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 171
I think Head-Fi's new saying should be "Everyone hears differently, until someone likes what you don't!"

Seems like the moment someone likes the Beats, hearing and value suddenly become objective.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #21 of 171
This.

Quote:
I have one piece of advice...never, ever try another pair of headphones. Take your Beats and run for the hills. If you do try something else (by that I mean something that would actually be recommended here) you will feel stupid for ever considering Beats and realize you just wasted a bunch of money. Just live in ignorant bliss and go on with yourself.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 171
I have to agree that beats sometimes is really comfortable to listen to. You can really sit back and relax like my XB700s. NOt like my ER4P where I have to be 150% awake.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #23 of 171

Quote:
I would love to score some Grados some day. The other thing I wanted was passive noise isolation so I wouldn't have to use earplugs and headphones when drumming along with music, or to use as monitors in a loud band. These do the job perfectly. I would've felt screwed if I payed the retail price, which is why I preorded them. If I didn't like them, I could have just returned them and got my money back. To each their own though. I'd love to try some more headphones, but that could really expensive really quick! Music in general is an expensive hobby.

Could have gotten a few 60's, 80's, the 125's, 225s, or even 325s. You done goof'd.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 171
not surprised beats pro sounds better than other higher quality phones when ABX in the stores.
IMO, listening to headphones in music stores is never a good way of judging them because alot of noise from the environment got leaked in. 
Beats pro has the noise cancelling feature which greatly help when auditioning them in shopping mall.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 171
I honestly didn't notice the noise canceling, I could still hear a lot of outside noise Granted it could have not been working right.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #26 of 171
The Pro's don't have noise canceling, they just isolate, and based on what I've heard people say, they isolate very well.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #27 of 171
Beats actually don't sound that bad, they're just grossly overpriced. If they drop them to the $150 price point they'd be quite a deal. Not particularly my type of signature, but I do know people who enjoy that signature and the beats do it relatively well.

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #28 of 171

Quote:
I had Tours, at that time i only had Senn CX300IIs. To them I thought the bass extension was a major deprovement, and the clarity was slightly improved. Treble was too harsh IMO. Sound stage was similar. Very obvious and deep V curve in sound, even more than my XB700. Didn't like them so much after a while. I was extremely happy with my second hand ER4P i got for $115.

I have Tours and find them only a slight bit better than the earbuds that came with my cellphone

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #29 of 171

Well the Tours sounded loads clearer than the CX300II...Stock buds that came with my Vaio Z was similar if not better though
Quote:
Quote:
I had Tours, at that time i only had Senn CX300IIs. To them I thought the bass extension was a major deprovement, and the clarity was slightly improved. Treble was too harsh IMO. Sound stage was similar. Very obvious and deep V curve in sound, even more than my XB700. Didn't like them so much after a while. I was extremely happy with my second hand ER4P i got for $115.

I have Tours and find them only a slight bit better than the earbuds that came with my cellphone

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #30 of 171
I'm just glad I only paid $15 for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back