Beats Pro Review!l
Feb 6, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #33 of 171
Marketing victims.
So,I just was in NY city for the last couple weeks and saw people EVERYWHERE wearing these Beats "Pro"s.Saw no Grado's,a few lower end Senn's and some other stuff.The Beats were overwhelmingly present.There were also many arrogant smiles glancing back at me when I checked-out their headphones.Sort of like "don't you wish you were wearing these?Then you might be nearly as cool as I am"

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #34 of 171

Quote:
Marketing victims.
So,I just was in NY city for the last couple weeks and saw people EVERYWHERE wearing these Beats "Pro"s.Saw no Grado's,a few lower end Senn's and some other stuff.The Beats were overwhelmingly present.There were also many arrogant smiles glancing back at me when I checked-out their headphones.Sort of like "don't you wish you were wearing these?Then you might be nearly as cool as I am"

The same exact thing happens to me! I always want to show people that Beats are just an advertisement scheme a la Monster Cables or Bose, and there are better options in the market, but I don't have any good headphones to show people, only my cheap HD 238s I'm keeping until I can afford better options. But now whenever I pass a Beats by Dre owner, I ignore their headphones as they try desperately to get attention by flashing their Beats until they just give up and blast music at 100% volume level around their neck and bop their head crazily to show off. LOL!

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #35 of 171
Quote:
I have one piece of advice...never, ever try another pair of headphones. Take your Beats and run for the hills. If you do try something else (by that I mean something that would actually be recommended here) you will feel stupid for ever considering Beats and realize you just wasted a bunch of money. Just live in ignorant bliss and go on with yourself.

Big X2! Once the audio bug bites you prepare for madness...

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #36 of 171
People should go around showing off Edition 8s :D
That'll shut the Beats people up

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #37 of 171

Quote:
Quote:
Marketing victims.

The same exact thing happens to me! I always want to show people that Beats are just an advertisement scheme a la Monster Cables or Bose, and there are better options in the market, but I don't have any good headphones to show people, only my cheap HD 238s I'm keeping until I can afford better options. But now whenever I pass a Beats by Dre owner, I ignore their headphones as they try desperately to get attention by flashing their Beats until they just give up and blast music at 100% volume level around their neck and bop their head crazily to show off. LOL!

don't know the 238's, they're a fantastic portable option

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #38 of 171
not to mention super comfortable!

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 171
Ya pay yer money, ya makes yer choice.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #40 of 171

I got my new Beats Pro the other day after waiting an insane amount time for my amazon pre-order to process. I know that the studios get a good flaming here, but I feel like the Pros are a far better set of cans (I've listened to both, and I like the studios, but damn, these are great).

Overall, I'm pretty damn happy with these! I thought about picking up an amp for my ipod, but it doesn't really need it. It's comfortably loud at 70 percent volume, and the battery lasts a decent amount time. My drummer borrowed them yesterday, and my Ipod lasted a few hours at full volume, and the car ride home, and they only had a half charge that day. I only paid 265 for these because of the pre order. I'd say they're def worth that, but the 400 they're asking now...thats pushing it. They're great though, and great build quality too. I'd never worry about these breaking, but still take care of them! They're 400 dollar headphones! Hope this helps anyone in speculation of these things. I

I'd have to agree. I thought the Pro's sounded great. The thing that bothered me was that after ten minutes, the began to feel heavy on my head. It felt like I was wearing a helmut.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #42 of 171

Quote:
Not extensively. I listened to to a bunch in the apple store in new york with my ipod when I was there during the summer. I've also listened to some Seinheisers and sony's and didn't care for em. I listened to Bose but I didn't care for them either right from the beginning. 

Well there's your problem! You went to the Apple store! You should have gone to one of the many headphone stores! I'm not sure if Turntable Labs has demos set up... but B&H has plenty of demos, AC Gears has plenty of demos, Dijital Fix has some demos... And I'm also not sure if J&R has any demo's I haven't been to the main store in some time. You can goto an Apple store anywhere, the other stores are local to only NY... Its like a Head-fier going to Portland and not hitting up 32 Ohm Audio! It just shouldn't happen!

@jaakked: how many were native NYers and how many were tourists? In general, in NY you see more iBuds than anything... Followed by assorted in ears... Followed by Beats Solos... Really it makes sense when you think about it... Would YOU want to wear Grado's on a noisy subway? I know I don't, which is why I have not bought any Grado yet. I am saving up for a good pair of open headphones, and Grado is on my list of possibilities. However, closed and in ear are most popular in NYC, due to noise pollution. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #44 of 171

Quote:
Blind Beats hatred is the most overplayed and boring thing on Head-Fi.  Not that I'd ever buy Beats myself, but then I'd never buy Grados (again) either.

It isn't blind if they were properly demoed... The only one I have not demoed were the Pros... but after going through the Tours, Solos and Studios, and hating all of them, I thought that was enough torture, and vowed to never listen to another monster headset again. The only one I want is the Daft Punk Tron headphones, just for display because they look really cool.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #45 of 171

Quote:
Quote:
Blind Beats hatred is the most overplayed and boring thing on Head-Fi.  Not that I'd ever buy Beats myself, but then I'd never buy Grados (again) either.

It isn't blind if they were properly demoed... The only one I have not demoed were the Pros... but after going through the Tours, Solos and Studios, and hating all of them, I thought that was enough torture, and vowed to never listen to another monster headset again. The only one I want is the Daft Punk Tron headphones, just for display because they look really cool.

Oh I wasn't referring to you in particular; sorry if it seemed that way.  I'm just referring to how there's always at least 3 threads about Beats on page 1 and it's always filled with people making snobby exaggerated comments about them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back