Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #8,461 of 13,134
Hey guys, is lyr 1+bifrost non multibit good combo for lcd2.2 non fazor? Would like to pair then with pc, but what kind of cable should I buy to connect? am totally lost here....anyone help?

We are happy to help. We have many options to choose from on our website. If anything, just let us know.
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/headphone.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #8,462 of 13,134

Hey guys, is lyr 1+bifrost non multibit good combo for lcd2.2 non fazor? Would like to pair then with pc, but what kind of cable should I buy to connect? am totally lost here....anyone help?

Audio-GD NFB-1AMP should be the ultimate amp with LCD-2 (pure class A and 5W at 70ohm!), and isn't expensive, in fact, raw parts alone cost more than the product itself, it's maybe the best price-perfomance in audio.

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #8,465 of 13,134

Nice one too, the difference is NFB-28 has DAC included and NFB-1AMP is only headphone amplifier/preamp. NFB-1AMP is cheaper because of that.

Can't go wrong with any of the Audio-gd headphone amps. The house sound is balanced, clear and dynamic. 

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #8,467 of 13,134

Either is fine and depends on whether you prefer a more resolving sound (SS) or a warmer, euphonic sound (tubes), though high end tube amps tend to be just as resolving as SS.

What is even more important is that you feed the LCD 2s betwen 1-4W at 70 ohms. The Vali outputs around 500mW or 0.5W or so into 70 ohms - this explains why there isn't as much body to the sound. So yes, you're not driving them to their full potential. 

If you're staying with Schiit, the Lyr 2 and above will drive them nicely. Else, the usual amp recommendations apply - as long as you keep in the 1-4W range at 70 ohms.

Wow thanks for the detail.  I think I'll have to look into that Lyr 2 (really liking the quality of the Schiit products so far).  

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #8,468 of 13,134
What's a decently cheap amp that can power these? I bought them but I only have a Dragonfly v1.2 to power them with. Is there one that can provide the optimal 1-4W?

Deckard.

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #8,469 of 13,134
Hey guys,

I was having some issues with my new LCD2s. Clarity was terrible, and they were sort of shouty.  I saw my reflection in the computer screen and saw the cups out at a more drastic angle than i've ever really seen.  I went and tightened up the silver flathead screws on the gimbals so they would not flex so easily, and I'm delighted to say I think the clarity tightened up.  This seems pretty plausible because the back part of the pads before was completely uncompressed which sets the cups at a pretty wide angle.

If any other owners here are experiencing similar issues, maybe they wanna give it a try.  Seems common sense, but I overlooked it for months lol

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #8,471 of 13,134
Always a screw with the LCD. I always have to tighten up few screws.

Same here, always keep a 2mm Alan key handy for the horizontal pivot screws.
There's something strangely satisfying about giving my LCD a screw check.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #8,473 of 13,134
Wow, I just tightened the flathead gimbal screws to limit cup rotation and the phones feel much better on my head! I also feel like the imaging is restored a bit (especially the center image, with snares and voices being less smeared).

Thanks for the tip! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #8,475 of 13,134
  I'm about to switch to a balanced system on a budget, using the Music streamer HD and the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B. Cant wait to try it out

I'm trying the same thing
HRT sell under-rated DACs. Considering they are Deltasigma, they sound pretty natural to me.
For the balanced part iBasso's discontinued true desktop class transportable amp PB2.

For truly balanced end-to-end Ray Samuel's F35 would have done that as it can take any SE input and make it balanced due to some RSA internal tech.

Can the Matrix covert SE input to balanced input ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back