1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

First

Back
556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565
567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576
Next

Last
  1. Ampeezy
    SE input to balanced? I wonder if it would as good as a fully balanced system from source to amp. That sounds really awesome though...worried that Ray Samuel would probably be quite pricey haha. Also, have been an HRT fanboy for a while. I had the Streamer III, upgraded to the II+, then finally to the HD. Each time there has been an obvious improvement to the sound, and I upgrade when i see a deal too good to pass up so I dont break the bank. one issue people have raised is the lack of external power but luckily my mac has a full 1A available so i've been good on that front.

2. Lohb
    LPS and split data and power lines into DAC always a good method.

3. Ampeezy
    Know of any affordable multi bit dacs out there besides the bifrost? My wallet is already hiding lol

4. martinrajdl
    Hi, when did they switch to the Shedua wood ? And are all bamboo LCD-2s the older pre-fall2015 versions ? 

5. cbl117
    Adorama has the LCD2 on sale for $699 new with promo code 1JUNESVING

I'd be all over this if I didn't just buy the LCD-X

6. DavidA
    I don't know if they switched over, more like they needed to find wood stock since other types of wood were getting harder to find IIRC

7. martinrajdl

Oh, okay. Thanks for the answer, it's just that it seems to me that all the different revisions and versions are making the LCD-2 discussion really confusing. 

8. DavidA
    As for the revisions, last one was in Nov-Dec 2015, the wood type has no bearing as to indicating revision, the date of manufacture is the only indication to revision.

martinrajdl likes this.
  9. TexasBuck
    Question about wood care for the Rosewood:

To what degree if any do you disassemble your headphones to apply the wood care product?  IE) Do you take the pads off and/or undo the metal fastenings, etc?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I must not be searching for the right key words in this thread to find the right instruction.

10. Rob Allan
    Long time lurker popped into a local audio shop Friday gone after work to try some EL8's, sadly they were not for me didn't fit me had pain on the top of me head within a few minutes, however on walking into said shop recognised the bomb proof Audeze case on the counter a pair of 2016 LCD 2 Fazors they had borrowed for a demo not normally a stock item.

Cheekily asked for a go giggled like a child soon as I hit play and swore allot not the norm for my nature, then proceeded to put a deposit down on a pair without thinking about the fact I cannot afford it, coming in next week cant wait.

Iphone 6s+, Dragonfly red had them driving Bowie and some new chili peppers to me like nothing I had personally experienced before which was quite a surprise, thought about not allot else since.

My PM3 and AKG 702 65th Anniversaries are going to have to go the journey sharpish before the missus finds out what I have done hehe.  

Awe inspiring headphones I dread to think on a more powerful source.

Wish me luck with the missus.

:)

11. PinkyPowers
    I'm surprised the Dragonfly could power them well. My Dragonfly 1.2 did a poor job with the HD600.

Anyway, glad you like the LCD-2. It's an outstanding headphone.

12. fiascogarcia
    Good luck with the wifey!  Been there, done that! [​IMG]  Congrats on the LCD2s, they've been great fun for me since I've had them.  And they will scale nicely with any upgrades you make in the future!

13. elwappo99

Agreed totally stellar deal on the LCD-2. Plus you get a full 3 year warranty which I'd probably want with a pair of Audezes. Very tempting to grab a pair myself and jump back into Audezes. 

14. kingdixon

My idsd micro has excessive power to drive both my hd650 and lcd 2.2,

Strange though lcd2.2 requires higher gain to reach satisfactory volume for me then hd650 ..

15. sludgeogre
    My girlfriend gave me a lot of crap about buying an LCD-2, but her mind was totally changed as soon as I put them on her head and fired up some Tool. She understood in that moment. Hope your wife has the same realization :)

markm1 likes this.
First

Back
556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565
567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576
Next

Last