1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet?

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by nehcrow, Aug 14, 2012.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. David1961
    I haven't found my headphone nirvana yet, but I believe a quality source improves the SQ of any headphone.

2. pp312
    Quote:

And you knew it'd be me, right?  [​IMG]

3. LugBug1
    Quote:
    Haha right!

4. preproman
    Lost.jpg

5. LugBug1
    Quote:
    Thats coz you've got too many headphones! [​IMG]

6. longbowbbs
    It's "Nirvana" not "Nirvana's"  [​IMG]

7. preproman
    Quote:

Thats coz I don't know whats - what. [​IMG]

8. Hubert481
    my nirvana: TH-900+BHA-1
    I heared a lot of cans including 007, 009, HD800, LCD3, HE-6, T1, GS1000, K701, ...
    Only sennheiser orpheus was also nirvana :)
    I am interested what model sennheiser will release in about 2 years (2 cans similar to orpheus ... rumors...should be released...)

9. mikek200
    Have to say,coming very close,,,not sure ,how much better it can get
    HD 800......Schiit MJ & gung

10. johnwmclean
    I've settled on...

Amarra / iTunes > Buffalo 32 DAC > KGSSHV > SR-007 MK 1 (S/N 70060).

I've been content with the set-up for around 9 months or so. If I was to throw coin at it now I'd re-build the DAC with the latest iteration of the Buffalo DAC from Twisted Pair Audio.

11. DefQon
    Quote:
    I almost schiit bricks when I looked at your sig and saw that your powering your HD800 and HE-6 off the X-100 power amp, thank goodness I looked at your actual post after this haha.

12. reddragon
    pretty satisfied with what i have now which is nothing comparing to you guys, my combo is also portable which is ibasso dx100>sony z1000. im sure i will itch with upgraditis in no time though

13. Mkvy
    I have,
    Grado ps500... It plays any trance fine, and I'm listening to some ambient / psy chill right now, something I have never done before, just an amazing sound from the deepest drum, to the highest notes... My bose qc3 is no where near this clarity... Neither my shure 535 inner ears...

The grado ps 500 is another order of magnitude by far

14. MDCLXVI
    I think I've found my audio nirvana, in the Burson Conductor & ATH-W3000ANV combination.

Such a luscious, musical sound.. makes me smile every time. If someone told me I couldn't upgrade for the rest of my life I don't think I would be too disappointed :)

15. K3cT
    Yeah. They are called speakers. 

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last