An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples
Aug 23, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 22
I'm interested in hearing anything about the FS customs, since FS has always intrigued me.

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
I'm interested in hearing anything about the FS customs, since FS has always intrigued me.

X2!

It's a dynamic driver custom. And once you get them, the next time FS upgrades the driver, you can upgrade your customs for $200 rather than having to plop down a $1000 whenever there's an upgrade like the other companies.

One head-fi'er should be giving a review of the FS custom in a month or so, I hope.
I hope vii_haven does as well.

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #19 of 22
As long as FS stays on the ball and produces drivers that are still competitive with the bajillion driver customs out there, I might pick up a set some day. The upgradable drivers are a huge plus too, since they'll just get better and better and you can keep up with the times easily enough.
On that note, has anyone heard the latest Atrios yet?

Anyways, let's not derail the thread too too much here :p

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 22
I hate to cross post but I just wanted to make sure that people also heard a positive view as well. I don't work for Fidelity etc. etc.  

I have to say that I love my fidelity triples! At first they sounded horrible and similar to my apple earbuds. But after burn-in (a bit of brain and IEM) they are now lovely. The predominant features are that they are very balanced across the freq. spectrum and neutral. Everything sounds good, though bad recordings do become more difficult to listen to. Bass is tight and deep (if it's on the track), treble is accurate without sibilance (unless it was recorded poorly), and the mids are nice without haze or confusion with other frequencies. There is no mid-bass hump. If I had a tiny gripe it would be that the treble isn't as 'sparkly' as it could be - though this could be corrected with a different source (I'm currently using the u-dac). 

For $359 it's a real bargain. YMMV  

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #22 of 22

[size=medium]
FIDELITY IN EARS ....  DO NOT ORDER anything from this company.  They lost my order and didn't return any of my phone calls.  When they finally got on the phone they lied to me time and time again.  The owner Catherine is a coward who couldn't pick up the phone.  They lost their labs that manufacture their ears and this company is in total meltdown mode.  They've lost a ton of orders.  I waited 6 weeks and still no in-ears.... All I got was a sorry for the inconvenience e-mail.   Unconscionable behavior from an unethic company.  Looks like I'm going out on the road with no ears. 
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back