Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Oct 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #871 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it seems like my act of kindness, which has nothing to do with my business has turned against me and it seems like no one understands that they are separate issues. I also am not too sure why I am taking the heat from a select few people, perhaps because they are thinking that I am trying to take over the market? I have no idea but judging by the responses I am receiving it seems like this is the case. I did not officially announce that I will be selling these to anybody at any price. I made an agreement with one person and one person only. My post only stated that I am looking for a distributor to give things out for free, after he was selected, I did not promise delivery to the community within a certain time frame.

At this point, I am going to change how this is going to work. Free distancers will now go through myself and myself only...Jeremy, fatman711, not Jmoney. If I get an email asking for free distancers through my site, no response will be made. $3.50 delivery charge within North America. I am making this VERY clear because often people don't read the things that I tell them. This is my airmail with NO TRACKING OR INSURANCE and will not be an instant delivery, you need to WAIT for things coming in the mail from Canada.

I am doing this because I want to make sure that I know each and every person that is getting these, as I want to make sure that my efforts are appreciated. I reserve the right to take each request case by case in order to determine if distancers should be sent.

You are a real gem Jeremy.

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #873 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[moved to PM]

That was a good post Larry. Wouldn't have hurt him to have left it public.

I sense a lack of Maturity here on his part, he's trying to run a business and blames his customers for everything when they complain.

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #874 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a good post Larry. Wouldn't have hurt him to have left it public.

I sense a lack of Maturity here on his part, he's trying to run a business and blames his customers for everything when they complain.

Yeah, but the private discussion is becoming more productive than it ever could be in public.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #875 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also am not too sure why I am taking the heat from a select few people, perhaps because they are thinking that I am trying to take over the market? I have no idea but judging by the responses I am receiving it seems like this is the case.

You should be careful about the line between a complaint and libel. Of course on an internet forum like this you don't need to worry, but as a businessman you'd be wise to choose your words carefully.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #876 of 2,483
Back to the topic at hand!!

I have a pair of distancers and I was considering making the leap to MS-1000. Problem is I need some jumbo pads, anyone know where the cheapest place to get them is?

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #877 of 2,483
TTJV supposedly is the best source. I'm personally hoping to get a pair used, but that's highly unlikely IMO.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #879 of 2,483
I never liked the "feeling" of the big bowls. That itchy stabilized foam always made me feel uncomfortable in respect of my ear's skin.

Took an old cotton t-shirt and made a coating to get rid of that. Works quite well.

P1010070-1.jpg

No changes in sound so far. Tried a mono test piece with one softened and one stock side, that sounded pretty alike.

Do I possess anything that is untinkered? Not that much...a spoon or two...
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #882 of 2,483
confused_face(1).gif
You want to change your nice k701 earpads for those grado ones?!

Nickchen - that's such a good idea that seems so obvious now. I'm amazed I haven't seen people applying cotton over the regular bowl pads. I think I'll have to do that myself
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #883 of 2,483
I'd be curious about other person's findings, as I am not exactly the bat ear type. In that respect, it has become harder to judge those things reasonably without my redundant "benchmark" MS1000 that i have given away.

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #884 of 2,483
I did try something like this 2 weeks or so ago with some cotton socks, but to me, it was less comfortable, because the pads seemed to breath even less and as a result I got hot ears. I'll just stick to the stock jumbo's. I don't find them uncomfortable whatsoever. No irritating sensation on the ears (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back