Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Oct 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #841 of 2,483
Ya - nothing like being strung along for several months with promise after promise, only to be lied to and conned. It sure has left a sour taste for Fatman711 (Jeremy), and JMoneyAudio sure comes across as lacking honesty, integrity and professionalism.

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #842 of 2,483
In fact Jmoney contacted me about a month before announcing the free distancers and asked to trade a headband for a pair of distancers. I don't know what his intentions were, but I knew about his plan to cheaply mass produce distancers and so I just ignored him.

It is unfortunate this nonsense led to distancers becoming very hard to obtain in NA.

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #843 of 2,483
dont rag on him about these too hard or he might not make more denon pads! those are necessary for my existence! distancers can be made by anyone its not too hard to source out this, maybe headphile can do it for you guys.

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #845 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont rag on him about these too hard or he might not make more denon pads! those are necessary for my existence! distancers can be made by anyone its not too hard to source out this, maybe headphile can do it for you guys.

You don't know much about Headphile do you? Call him up and tell him you paid 5 cents to Jeremy for anything. Then get ready.

Try to get him to do somebody else's ideas.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #846 of 2,483
Okay, enough of the bashing imo. In this thread anyway
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #847 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, enough of the bashing imo. In this thread anyway
evil_smiley.gif

You are correct, the Feedback should be in the Jmoney thread.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #848 of 2,483
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #849 of 2,483
On the topic of Grado distancers, do we currently know of a good source for them? I would love to now do a MS-1000 mod', but cannot recall who to ask. There was some talk about cheap/free ones being made available from Canada, some time ago. Has this panned out? I somewhat recall fatman711 having something to do with the supply. Any suggestions are appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #850 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the topic of Grado distancers, do we currently know of a good source for them? I would love to now do a MS-1000 mod', but cannot recall who to ask. There was some talk about cheap/free ones being made available from Canada, some time ago. Has this panned out? I somewhat recall fatman711 having something to do with the supply. Any suggestions are appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Fatman711 = Jmoneyaudio, the one that all the buzz is about.

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #851 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

See my posts above - I was to be the Canadian supplier of distancers for fatman711=JmoneyAudio.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #853 of 2,483
I've been trying to get set up with a lathe in order to run off several pairs at a time and supply them for material costs and shipping/packaging costs, but I haven't been able to get the lathe yet. When I first posted about supplying them for N.A., I was unemployed, so funds were not available.

Now I'm employed again and my time is vapor ware. Of course, I didn't promise anyone I would make them, I just said I was trying to get set up. I am still trying, it's just taking a lot longer than I anticipated and there are five projects with much higher priority in front of them.

The router question actually reminded me that I have a friend with a little hobby CNC router. I'll have to draw the distancers in CAD, but he may be able to crank them out for me on his CNC. Unfortunately, the costs go up, but he can probably make them. I need his help on the other projects, so I'll add the distancers to my RFQ email.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #854 of 2,483
Hey guys,
I didn't not send the free distancers on purpose. I just have so many things to do that relate to my immediate business of jmoneyaudio that things slip my mind. I wasn't trying to con anyone out of anything, after all, I am offering them for free. They are not my own product. I just got someone to CNC some for me and since I paid nothing, I thought that I would give them to someone for free to give out.

@rds, I don't see why "this nonsense" had caused people in NA to not have distancers. After all, you are the contact for people to pay you for the distancers, why am I thrown into the mix? I offered something for free, and forgot about it. I even wrote in my MOT thread that I haven't had time to answer my PMs so instead, email me from my site.

If you guys still want it, I'll ship it this week but I'm feeling like every nice thing that I try to help people with backfire on me somehow. I give random people free headbands sometimes if they are having a hard time selling their Grados but I sometimes take a while to send them out.

The distancers that I received also do not have holes in them. You need to cut them and some are shorter than the dimensions provided but most are pretty okay, just need to match them up properly.

Please also don't connect these distancers or this offer for free stuff with my company as it has nothing to do with JMoney Audio. This just isn't a good day for me in terms of head-fi issues as I'm also having my name/company bashed throughout my other threads for other reasons that make no sense.

-Jeremy

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #855 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@rds, I don't see why "this nonsense" had caused people in NA to not have distancers. After all, you are the contact for people to pay you for the distancers, why am I thrown into the mix? I offered something for free, and forgot about it.

You threw yourself into the mix by offering free distancers. On the surface that is fine. You can sell your product for whatever you like.
If people believe that these will be made free then they won't go to the time and expense to make a quantity of them that will most likely never sell.

So far this is fine. But when you make a commitment and then don't deliver within a reasonable time frame then your offer of a free product takes on another context. You did make a contract with a member here as well, and despite not being paid it is still a contract.

I don't want to get tangled up in your business practices. It doesn't take an economist to know that what I said is just a statement of fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back