Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Oct 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #827 of 2,483
^ Different pads help a lot. The structure and design of the salad bowls are completely different then your stock pads.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #828 of 2,483
Most Grados end up in the Sssssh-Booooom Ultrasone territory when being equipped with distancers and big bowls. The only successful conversion I ever heared of was a HF1 that was "1000ed".

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #830 of 2,483
Nope, drillings bring out (upper) mids and (lower) treble.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #831 of 2,483
I must say, a lathe is much more fun to work than these drill saw thingies.

_P1010051.jpg

_P1010052.jpg

_P1010056.jpg

_P1010059.jpg

_P1010060-2.jpg

_P1010062-1.jpg

_P1010065-1.jpg

_P1010067.jpg

Quite a pleasant sunday afternoon. Propably the best distancers I've ever built.

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #832 of 2,483
Sharp! - nice distancers (and great pics) - thanks

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #833 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephoku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is there a way to get those free jmoney distancers?

Meanwhile I think that JMoneyaudio thing was some trick to get RDS & related out of the north american market. We had lots of PM contact last winter, and Jeremy was quite greedy to "make a lot of money" out of getting distancers built cheap in the Iraq and selling them here with astronomic profit. It took me a while to convince him that the "1000ing" market was quite small actually.

BTW, I also had Email contact with his former partner (the one who built the woodies, Jeremy was the marketing guy), and that man stated that Jeremy had (to put it mildly) very robust methods to reach his aims.

Yes, I'm a bit pissed of meanwhile about what he did here with his virtual distancers.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #834 of 2,483
I got a pair of the JMoney distancers, they look pretty awful. I don't want to know what he was going to sell them for. There was a nice burr on the inside of one of them that I had to scrape out with a knife. I know it wasn't a finished product, but yeesh.

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #836 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a pair of the JMoney distancers, they look pretty awful. I don't want to know what he was going to sell them for. There was a nice burr on the inside of one of them that I had to scrape out with a knife. I know it wasn't a finished product, but yeesh.

How did you get one of the Jmoney distancers?

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #837 of 2,483
Anyone tried to make distancers with a router? I was thinking of using a straight bit and a DIY circle jig like (jig).

I'm not sure if the jig will work for such a small circle so I also thought of using some kind of guide clamped over the piece of wood.

If i'm able to do it this way it should be much cleaner than a with a drill.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #838 of 2,483
Okay - guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag re/ Jmoney distancers.
I was the reputed Canadian that was set to receive and distribute the 'free distancers'. Jeremy confirmed me as his choice and promised to send out the remaining distancers along with headband. This was several months ago. And despite getting confirmation and promises on several occasions to ship me the distancers, nothing came of it and he is no longer answering my emails. So much for honesty and integrity. Wish I could be mailing out those distancers as promised to so many, but alas, I was let down at source and will be unable to be of service.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #839 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay - guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag re/ Jmoney distancers.
I was the reputed Canadian that was set to receive and distribute the 'free distancers'. Jeremy confirmed me as his choice and promised to send out the remaining distancers along with headband. This was several months ago. And despite getting confirmation and promises on several occasions to ship me the distancers, nothing came of it and he is no longer answering my emails. So much for honesty and integrity. Wish I could be mailing out those distancers as promised to so many, but alas, I was let down at source and will be unable to be of service.

This is an underlying theme with him.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #840 of 2,483
Could have been so nice, but quite a PR desaster for JMoneyaudio meanwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back