Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Oct 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #856 of 2,483
Here's the thing, Jeremy. You run a business. Whether or not you see it that way, it is your responsibility to put the customer first, ie not forgetting about promises you make to them.

And by the way, it's quite hard to get distancers in NA without DIYing. Which is all the more cause for crying foul.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #857 of 2,483
Sorry to get mixed up in this conflagration - I am still willing to act as the distributor for the free distancers if that is still feasible. lets hope we can get this positively resolved for all parties concerned.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #858 of 2,483
Man guys, I edited my post where I was poking fun at Jeremy because I'm on Jeremy's side on this one, what Jeremy offered here is separate from JMoney Audio. The correlations that were being drawn is like accusing an owner of a service company of bait and switch if the owner personally volunteered time for a charity, then called to cancel because a business issue came up. Would everyone call the local BBB and complain about the company?

He offered free distancers and said they were rough, but free. Then he became very busy with his paying customers and other MOTs like HeadRoom, then the distancers fell through the cracks. He didn't offer free ones then post nicely finished ones up for sale on his web site.

The only thing Jeremy did "wrong" was wait too long to post up in the thread that he was buried and didn't have the time to get the distancers packed up and shipped out.

If anyone in NA wants the distancers, Google custom furniture or wood working and your city, or call the closest Woodcraft store and ask them to take your name and number down so they can pass it on to a pro or pro-am wood turner/pen maker. Then you can email the wood worker the drawing, tell them to wood you want, and pay for a set of distancers. Just realize those woodworkers pay their mortgages and put food on the table with their skilled trade so the price will reflect that accordingly.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #859 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone in NA wants the distancers, Google custom furniture or wood working and your city, or call the closest Woodcraft store and ask them to take your name and number down so they can pass it on to a pro or pro-am wood turner/pen maker. Then you can email the wood worker the drawing, tell them to wood you want, and pay for a set of distancers. Just realize those woodworkers pay their mortgages and put food on the table with their skilled trade so the price will reflect that accordingly.

That is a great idea. Can't help but love high quality products made in you own city.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #860 of 2,483
Quote:

Man guys, I edited my post where I was poking fun at Jeremy because I'm on Jeremy's side on this one, what Jeremy offered here is separate from JMoney Audio. The correlations that were being drawn is like accusing an owner of a service company of bait and switch if the owner personally volunteered time for a charity, then called to cancel because a business issue came up. Would everyone call the local BBB and complain about the company?

Actually it's not like that. And no one has said they are calling the BBB. People just said they find this behavior to be very poor. That's a judgement call really.

Regardless, I don't understand this attitude of treating vendors as if they are blameless while disregarding legitimate complaints. But this is so commonplace on Head-fi I should just roll my eyes and move on.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #861 of 2,483
I appreciate all the responses and concerns but honestly, it is not my fault that people cannot find a source for the distancers and I really feel that this has nothing to do with my business practices. I don't make or sell them. These are a charity act by me, Jeremy and not Jmoney.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the thing, Jeremy. You run a business. Whether or not you see it that way, it is your responsibility to put the customer first, ie not forgetting about promises you make to them.

And by the way, it's quite hard to get distancers in NA without DIYing. Which is all the more cause for crying foul.

To respond to this, this really is not my fault and should not be used against me or my gesture to the community to give away free stuff. Once again, has nothing to do with my company or business...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it's not like that. And no one has said they are calling the BBB. People just said they find this behavior to be very poor. That's a judgement call really.

Regardless, I don't understand this attitude of treating vendors as if they are blameless while disregarding legitimate complaints. But this is so commonplace on Head-fi I should just roll my eyes and move on.

Refer to my above response to LingLing. I am human, I forget things...because I forgot or had other things to do that send away freebies I am subjected to these calls against my business and my personal behavior?

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #864 of 2,483
^ Congratulations! They are very light and when installed with a Beyer headband literally float around your ears.
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #866 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Complaining and whining on a public forum or leaving negative feedback on the business side for not receiving free items is the equivalent of calling the BBB, except the BBB would simply dismiss the complaint as a personal grievance.

I do not treat vendors as blameless in legitimate complaints and I've been screwed by two MOTs, but a lot of memebers take the MOTs that pay for the damn hosting of this free site for granted and expect a one-way street where they are always right.

Jeremy made a mistake, he admitted and apologized for it. But the individual and his business practices, as well as personal integrity are being wrongfully attacked and slandered. Seems like several members of H-F have a hard time separating legitimate business issues from a personal error. They are not one and the same.

If anyone is unhappy with his mistake then I'm sure Jeremy will refund your money for the free distancers and take your name off the list (or ask charliex to do so). From this point forward, do not spend your personal money on JMoney Audio products, but realize you have to actually buy something from them in order to leave legitimate feedback.

EDIT: rds, this is not a personal attack on you, I just quoted your reply because it echos the feelings of several members in the thread.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #867 of 2,483
Quote:

Complaining and whining on a public forum or leaving negative feedback on the business side for not receiving free items is the equivalent of calling the BBB, except the BBB would simply dismiss the complaint as a personal grievance.

I do not treat vendors as blameless in legitimate complaints and I've been screwed by two MOTs, but a lot of memebers take the MOTs that pay for the damn hosting of this free site for granted and expect a one-way street where they are always right.

Jeremy made a mistake, he admitted and apologized for it. But the individual and his business practices, as well as personal integrity are being wrongfully attacked and slandered. Seems like several members of H-F have a hard time separating legitimate business issues from a personal error. They are not one and the same.

If anyone is unhappy with his mistake then I'm sure Jeremy will refund your money for the free distancers and take your name off the list (or ask charliex to do so). From this point forward, do not spend your personal money on JMoney Audio products, but realize you have to actually buy something from them in order to leave legitimate feedback.

EDIT: rds, this is not a personal attack on you, I just quoted your reply because it echos the feelings of several members in the thread.

I think the part you're not getting is that this is a lot bigger than the distancers. The distancers were just the last straw the Camel tried to haul. You are hanging your hat on that. There is a lot of irritation from very slow delivery of goods with extremely poor communication skills.

Also, his canned response is"It's not my fault". No matter what the question. There's a reason why people are upset with him and it has nothing to so with the distancers for all practical purposes.

"You should run your business so that your customers are your best salesman"

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #868 of 2,483
Guys, looks like this leads nowhere.

Jeremy obviously needed a slap in the face and got serviced, so let's return to the (in-
wink.gif
)famous headfi netiquette.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #869 of 2,483
We'll see --- I'm still hoping to receive the distancers and act as international distributor for these freebies, but am not holding my breath ...but my fingers are crossed. I'll keep the Head-Fi community informed of any developments.

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #870 of 2,483
Well, it seems like my act of kindness, which has nothing to do with my business has turned against me and it seems like no one understands that they are separate issues. I also am not too sure why I am taking the heat from a select few people, perhaps because they are thinking that I am trying to take over the market? I have no idea but judging by the responses I am receiving it seems like this is the case. I did not officially announce that I will be selling these to anybody at any price. I made an agreement with one person and one person only. My post only stated that I am looking for a distributor to give things out for free, after he was selected, I did not promise delivery to the community within a certain time frame.

At this point, I am going to change how this is going to work. Free distancers will now go through myself and myself only...Jeremy, fatman711, not Jmoney. If I get an email asking for free distancers through my site, no response will be made. $3.50 delivery charge within North America. I am making this VERY clear because often people don't read the things that I tell them. This is my airmail with NO TRACKING OR INSURANCE and will not be an instant delivery, you need to WAIT for things coming in the mail from Canada.

I am doing this because I want to make sure that I know each and every person that is getting these, as I want to make sure that my efforts are appreciated. I reserve the right to take each request case by case in order to determine if distancers should be sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back