AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 29, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,277 of 1,345
I checked their policies and it seems like they would consider it wear and tear in which case it would not be replaced under the 3 year limited warranty. I am not sure I could present an argument that it was a factory defect.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,278 of 1,345
  I checked their policies and it seems like they would consider it wear and tear in which case it would not be replaced under the 3 year limited warranty. I am not sure I could present an argument that it was a factory defect.

I'd not press the point, just ask. And don't forget to mention which model and when you bought it. As I said before I think I remember there was some kind of defective headband around at some time, maybe that just caught you. They are nice guys in my experience, so asking won't hurt.

Otherwise a switch to the TMA-2 helps with this problem: you can easily replace the parts yourself...

Nov 29, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,280 of 1,345
  I use mainly the E04 over-ear leather (or pleather, don't know) and like them better than the E05 microfibre. I have yet to test the E06, those are quite new.

Yes, and I can't find many experiences with them. I like the appearance of the E04 the most, but when I see:

E04 - Less Mids, More Treble
E05 - Less Bass, More Treble

I'm a bit confused because I don't want less mids... The E06 soundwise seems gives a litte more bass and highs then the E05.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,281 of 1,345
Turns out the warranty ended 3 days ago... apparently I've had these headphones for 3 years... time flies when you're having fun.

I submitted a ticket anyway and will let everyone know how it goes.

There’s a chance they’ll send you a replacement headband or a 30% off voucher for a tma-2 purchase.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,282 of 1,345
Actually aiaiai formally said they had fixed the headband cracking problem in 2014, so most tma-1 models are actually prone to cracking, only the very latest versions were fixed, such as the ghostly edition and newer models, tma-2 are all fine though.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,283 of 1,345
Great news everyone.
They told me that they would send me a voucher for a new TMA-2 headband (ho-2 style) and some of the TMA-2 drivers (so2) free of charge, and that I should just keep the cable and earpads. They then asked me to cut the cords between the earcups and headband, take a photo of it, and send it to them so that they wouldn't have to take my broken pair back. The new pair is already en route, shipping and tax covered by them as well!

Overall a great experience and one that made me love the AIAIAI brand even more.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,284 of 1,345
  Great news everyone.
They told me that they would send me a voucher for a new TMA-2 headband (ho-2 style) and some of the TMA-2 drivers (so2) free of charge, and that I should just keep the cable and earpads. They then asked me to cut the cords between the earcups and headband, take a photo of it, and send it to them so that they wouldn't have to take my broken pair back. The new pair is already en route, shipping and tax covered by them as well!

Overall a great experience and one that made me love the AIAIAI brand even more.

That's great!
beerchug.gif
o2smile.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #1,285 of 1,345
  Great news everyone.

It great to know they take care of their customers.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,286 of 1,345
  Great news everyone.

Nice to hear that they take care for their past customers :)
Plus you get an easy entry to the TMA-2, enabling you to mix and match with other parts...

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,287 of 1,345
Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased my AIAIAI TMA-2's and was wondering if anyone has experience with these headphones in the gym and if sweat may be an issue? 
theyre a great pair of headphones that i'm hoping to enjoy in the gym as well. I live in Australia and it is ridiculously hot these days,

thanks

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,288 of 1,345
^ How do you do it mate, I tried using my tma-1 at the gym and my ears got too hot. I use koss portapro at the gym, they sound awesome and are comfy, light, breathable, compact, and surprisingly use 38mm drivers so you don't lose on bass, if anything they have more mid bass impact than the tma-1's because the driver sits closer to the ear due to their design, but they have less sub bass due to their open back vs closed backs of the aiaiai.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,289 of 1,345
  Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased my AIAIAI TMA-2's and was wondering if anyone has experience with these headphones in the gym and if sweat may be an issue? 
theyre a great pair of headphones that i'm hoping to enjoy in the gym as well. I live in Australia and it is ridiculously hot these days,

thanks

I've used mine at the gym, no problem. The headband is a little uncomfortable, rubbing directly on my bald head, but I wipe the phones down after every use and they look brand new. I wouldn't use a harsh cleanser on them as the black coating reacts to chemicals, but a little soap and water is fine. The sound is especially good for the gym because of the extra weight of the bass and the non-fatiguing treble roll-off on the top. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,290 of 1,345
So my TMA-2 arrived today I got the S3 with the S4 pads. So far I'm enjoying the sound (I should probably follow their instructions and burn them in). So far I've found in some RnB tracks the vocals although clearly separated from the instruments seem a bit recessed (it sounds kind of like a live show where if the singer has a powerful voice the lower the vocal so when the vocal climax comes your eardrums don't explode).

I was thinking of possibly getting another set of pads so I can change depending on what i'm listening too. Are there any pads which might boost the vocals a little more? Or is it a limitation of the driver? 

I would say I'm trying to save some money by asking this so I don't have to by all the earpads and then the other drivers but you all know I will most likely end up sample everything because you have to have the full set and can't just be happy with what you have. But at least in the short term I'll be spending less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back