AIAIAI TMA-1
Sep 14, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #1,246 of 1,345
These honestly look like the fake leather pads that used to come with the tma-1’s.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #1,247 of 1,345
Oh...new earpads but I'm eager to see a new driver.
atsmile.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #1,248 of 1,345
Ordered these (the Beatport edition) off of Amazon and they came in today. Pretty skeptical about third party Amazon sellers, but they had 99% positive feedback and they weren't the only ones selling around the $140 mark, so alright. Factory seal was intact. The $5 Beatport code in the box was legit and I got $5 worth of music for free (which is basically two free songs in AIFF format), so I'm pretty sure I didn't get fake headphones. So my problem is that the headphones sound harsh. I downloaded Call On Me by Eric Prydz, and the sustained part of the vocals actually sounds poor, like five dollar earbuds poor I guess? I don't know exactly how to describe it. I mean the bass and the low end in general is pretty good, but I thought these headphones were supposed to be non-fatiguing. They actually kinda irritate my ears a bit! Has anyone else had a similar experience listening right out of the box? Does burn-in fix this problem? Also should I use the separate foam earpads that came in the box? They're more comfortable, not sure if the low-end suffers from using them though.

EDIT: Listened to them some more to get acquainted. The bass is very impressive, gets quite deep. Snares, some vocals, and other elements of tracks can sound pretty harsh, reminding me of the sound of those earbuds you would get in the older iPods (before they switched to EarPods). It's a bizarre contrast. Quality bass, not so quality other things. I thought maybe my headphones were defective but considering how good the bass is, I doubt it.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,249 of 1,345
  Ordered these (the Beatport edition) off of Amazon and they came in today. Pretty skeptical about third party Amazon sellers, but they had 99% positive feedback and they weren't the only ones selling around the $140 mark, so alright. Factory seal was intact. The $5 Beatport code in the box was legit and I got $5 worth of music for free (which is basically two free songs in AIFF format), so I'm pretty sure I didn't get fake headphones. So my problem is that the headphones sound harsh. I downloaded Call On Me by Eric Prydz, and the sustained part of the vocals actually sounds poor, like five dollar earbuds poor I guess? I don't know exactly how to describe it. I mean the bass and the low end in general is pretty good, but I thought these headphones were supposed to be non-fatiguing. They actually kinda irritate my ears a bit! Has anyone else had a similar experience listening right out of the box? Does burn-in fix this problem? Also should I use the separate foam earpads that came in the box? They're more comfortable, not sure if the low-end suffers from using them though.

EDIT: Listened to them some more to get acquainted. The bass is very impressive, gets quite deep. Snares, some vocals, and other elements of tracks can sound pretty harsh, reminding me of the sound of those earbuds you would get in the older iPods (before they switched to EarPods). It's a bizarre contrast. Quality bass, not so quality other things. I thought maybe my headphones were defective but considering how good the bass is, I doubt it.

I don´t know how the beatport edition is tuned but i had the stone throw edition and it sounded kinda like you are telling us i guess. Low-end is prominent and the mids are thick and forward. Kinda dark and one some tracks the thick midrange can sound wonky. Kind of a weird tuning. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,250 of 1,345
Burn in couldn't hurt with those, honestly.
& you might find a better set of earpads from their website.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,252 of 1,345
  Beatport and  stones throw derived from TMA-1 DJ. So, their sound signature is bassy and dark. It's good for DJ or outdoor use.
basshead.gif

The other set of earpad has lower bass level.

I read that they were bassy and dark actually, that's why I wanted them. As a guy that's sensitive to treble I wanted to have something that wasn't V-shaped like my M-100s. That being said, I'm warming up to the TMA-1. Maybe my problem was that I'm not a DJ and I use them indoors in a quiet room.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,254 of 1,345
  Guys, TMA-2 has been chosen the best DJ Headphones from 2015 in the DJMag Poll: http://djmag.com/news/tech-awards-2015-results

A pity that they did not mention which configuration they chose...

Interesting that there's an Audeze EL8 in their list as well :wink:

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,255 of 1,345
  I just got my Limited edition TMA-1's in yesterday (G-Star edition) and when I took off the pads I noticed the golden driver.
Now I don't know if this has already been discussed (search function didn't mention anything) but these golden 40mm drivers look
almost exactly the same as the drivers in my Ultrasone HFI-2200 (and possibly other Ultrasone headphones).

Did anybody else notice this or am I seeing things that aren't there...??

I don't se a reply to this post so I'm wondering if someone knows about the drivers in the G-Star edition...

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,256 of 1,345
25% off in the aiaiai.dk webstore until december 1st !
also the modeselektor edition tma-2's are out (250USD)
Speaker Unit is S04 but designated S73 because of the modeselektor local detailing on the outer speaker unit surface.

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #1,259 of 1,345

Here is the link to the ad, including photo's: http://link.marktplaats.nl/m984447871

I read thet the driver used in the standard TMA-1 and the TMA-1 studio is the same one, but tuned differently. Am I right? And is this driver the same/more or less the same as the S02 driver of the TMA-02?

Yes, you're right. TMA-1 and TMA-1 Studio using the same driver and tuned to different sound signature. They should be the S02 and S03 resepectively.

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #1,260 of 1,345

I went into the Jaben Audio store in Melbourne in which I tested a couple of headphones (TMA-1, TMA-1 Studio Young Guru, Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser Amperiors, Audio Technica WS-55) .  I own Revision 2 of TMA-1's where they tightened the headband so it wasn't as loose on your head. I compared my own TMA-1's to the TMA-1's in-store  (which was of latest revision because of the bent cable and cable lock) and I agree with you that it has been re-tuned to have more treble sparkle. It definitely did sound different to my ears at least.

As you can see I want to buy a second hand TMA-1, and I like to know how I can differ revision 2 of the revision 1 version. I don't know where the cable lock is situated. I have some links, maybee you can tell me which revisions these TMA-1's are?

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m989321081 (Link I provided earlier, with 3 button apple iOS cable, inclusing 3 pads. This one has a coiled cable betwean spreeker and headband, so this is revision 1?)
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m987326861 (This one has a straight cable between speaker and band, so revision 2? It is provided with a curled jack cable, the owner told me)
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m984447871 (G-Star edition with coiled cable between speaker and headband an coiled audio cable)
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m985481908 (Beatport edition, cables are the same as G-star edition)
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m986560655 (cables are the same as the Beatport and G-Star editions)

Edit: Sorry, the second link is not the TMA-1 but the TMA-1 x, now I see it on the box.

Yes, you're right. TMA-1 and TMA-1 Studio using the same driver and tuned to different sound signature. They should be the S02 and S03 resepectively.

Many thanks for this clarification. Is there ant TA-1 that sounds more or less like the S01 version of the TMA-2? Maybee the revision 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back