AIAIAI TMA-1
Jul 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,218 of 1,345
  I have the TMA-1 stone throw and it´s rather bassy and laid back in the top. Midrange is actually quite forward but it´s not very clear. To you who have listened to all the drivers, which one would you say the stone throw is?

Yep stones throw uses S02, all the dj small pad models use S02, including the limited editions, the only exception is the ghostly edition which imo uses S03.

Yes, thats my feeling as well. And knowing how nice and open the S03 sounds with the E04 over-ear pads I'd say give other pads a try if you're looking for a bit more treble and space, @Arvan The new pads fit the older models just right.

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,219 of 1,345
@plakat I bought the TMA-1 for some heavy bass and i knew it was dark. But i really like the new approach aiaiai made with this pick what you want concept. However, paying 50euro for some pads is something i will never do. And since i only use this headphone for some bassy portable listening ( not very often ) the option to buy new pads is even more far away. 

But it is nice to see that you could get the pads that you want, even if the price is steep i think there are people out there willing to spend the money on it. 

Now that you guys are telling me there is a rather nice headphone to get from aiaiai.. I do want to open my wallet again :p But i already got 2 pairs of cans this month so it´s time to back off again :p

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,225 of 1,345
Randomly decided to complete a collection of all the drivers. Instead of 30% off TMA-2, decided to go for TMA-1, the cable curls above the earcups are way nicer on TMA-1 
cool.gif

Bought TMA-1 Beatport Edition
Bought TMA-1 Young Guru
30% off to get S01, H02, E03, E04.

Including my Ghostly Edition I've now got all 4 drivers, and also have 5 different types of ear pad, so 20 variations of sound :O

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,228 of 1,345
Anybody with s02’s or og tma-1’s, what do you think of it with the E04? on the website it shows an even balance of bass/mid/treble.
I like it a LOT.

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #1,229 of 1,345
Is there a configuration of the TMA 2 that would actually make them suitable for production and mixing? I'm aware of the Young Guru type configuration, but I have my doubts on whether or not they would actually be good for home studio purposes. I know the TMA are used a lot as a DJ headphone and possibly that's where their more "professional" type uses would be limited to.

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,230 of 1,345
As much as I like mine, I tried using them in school for an intro to music production course & they didn't really make life any easier.
imho I should have just splurged on a pair of sony 7506 or senn 280pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back