AIAIAI TMA-1
Feb 9, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,321 of 1,345
  IMO, over-the-ear earpad is more comfortable than on-the-ear.
L3000.gif

If you like stronger bass, on-the-ear is better.

I currently own the E04 earpads and they after about 20 minutes my ears get really hot and after an hour my ears hurt.

My config is: H01 - S01 - E04

Maybe the H01 is more suited for on ear pads?

I'm now torn between the E02 and E03, both are on ear. The E03 is said to be more comfortable, doesn't cause warm ears but it has less bass. The E02 is leather, so the hot ear issue may arise again. What do you guys think?

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,322 of 1,345

I currently own the E04 earpads and they after about 20 minutes my ears get really hot and after an hour my ears hurt.

My config is: H01 - S01 - E04

Maybe the H01 is more suited for on ear pads?

I'm now torn between the E02 and E03, both are on ear. The E03 is said to be more comfortable, doesn't cause warm ears but it has less bass. The E02 is leather, so the hot ear issue may arise again. What do you guys think?

I have the micro-fiber E01 and a custom made E03 using the velour pads from a Senn HD25 ii. Both are comfy and cool.

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #1,324 of 1,345

Would the difference in bass between the E03 and E02 be that significant?

Yes. The E02 has significantly more bass than any of the other pads. They have what some would describe as a "darker" sound. The pads work well with EQ. They sound best for IDM and EDM music. Less so for rock. Some would say muffled. I like them quite a bit. Perfect for active listening - gym, walking.

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,325 of 1,345

Yes. The E02 has significantly more bass than any of the other pads. They have what some would describe as a "darker" sound. The pads work well with EQ. They sound best for IDM and EDM music. Less so for rock. Some would say muffled. I like them quite a bit. Perfect for active listening - gym, walking.

What about comfort? Are they as comfortable as the E03? Do your ears get hot or sweaty?

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #1,330 of 1,345
Got my tma-2 the other day and they kick azz.
Couple of questions, did any one have problems with cable locking?
I can't seem to lock (twist) one port on both speakers.
Also, the speakers move up and down the head band fairly easy which mean I have to adjust to size ever time I pick them up, is that normal?

Thanks

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #1,331 of 1,345
Also, the speakers move up and down the head band fairly easy which mean I have to adjust to size ever time I pick them up, is that normal?

Thanks

Surely, no!
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,332 of 1,345

Thanks

I've had problems with cable locking but only when using TMA-2 cables on my TMA-1 Ghostly Edition.
I however did have a TMA-2 cable crap out on me. The twist lock now just spins and spins, but it is the lower part of the cable spinning, I believe the jack somehow came undone and completely tore the wires inside.
I am befuddled.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,334 of 1,345

Is anyone interested in selling their "over the ear" ear pads for the TMA-1? I'd like to try a couple of them. I have all of the "on ear" pads, but looking to expand the use of the headphone to home listening.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,335 of 1,345
As luck would have it, while siteseeing in Copenhagen this week, I happened on the AIAIAI flagship store and walked away with the H03 / C01 / S04 / E04 configuration. The shop was hip and the staff was helpful and super-friendly. Don't miss the opportunity to visit if you ever have the opportunity. I'll post a review of the headphones after I return to the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back